Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] F Warren Foegele signs with the Kings (3 years, $3.5M AAV)

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Except for the fact hyman was trending towards a 60 pt player in Toronto and skinner put up 60 how many times not getting centered by Leon or Connor. Your whole fanbase is gonna be calling for him to be traded by next April.

You're enjoying your cognitive dissonance there? Trending to 60pts vs a 50 goal scorer lol but hey, there's a lot of dissonance going on these days

And for your second point, i'm slightly amused because many of us wanted Arvidsson out as well. So yea, i already want Foegele out (I've seen enough of him in the playoffs to know he sucks - but then again, when your team loses a cup but wins the conn smythe it speaks volumes)

so again, we agree on many things (as all wu heads do), I'm just suspecting you're a noob Oil fan and thus you can't admit to anything, and i understand that, i really do

btw, Set the Tone was absolute trash! Wtf was Ghost thinking w/ his "Roses" side? This hurts me more than you gloating over Mr Glass Arvy :(

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
My biggest problem with him on the Oilers was that he just didn’t make the bottom 6 better.

To his credit he did produce well with Draisaitl. The Kings have pretty good depth so he might do fine for you.

He does have some great physical gifts as others have said. Hes big, fast and everyonce in awhile he will amaze with a nice goal. But his hands just fail him so often.

On The Prowl

Mar 13, 2024
Has some talent but he makes too many braindead decisions to be reliable, wish him well in the future.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Is there a top 6 spot for him in LA?

He’s always maintained that he can play in the top 6 and wants a shot at it.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I like Foegele most of the time. Not at more then 2-2.5 million a season though. He is very inconsistent offensively and will look like a 30 goal man for 5 game stretches and then 15 games not do much offensively at all. He is terrible at handling the puck and makes a lot of really bad defensive plays due to it by either fumbling it or making really bad passes in risky areas and that is partly why he is not consistent offensively, his bad puck handling skills. He does work hard though and seems like a good guy.

Definitely not a bad player, you just take the good and the bad with him and don't rely on him for offense, it comes in short spurts but disappears for long stretches as well. If you have the cap space though, I wouldn't blame a team for signing him. I think 3.5 is on the high side but if you are not tight against the cap he is a decent player that you can move around the lineup as needed.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Is there a top 6 spot for him in LA?
Possibly, but LA spreads their scoring talent out, so there likely won't be much difference to him whether he's on the 2nd or 3rd line. Whether he plays with Danault and Moore or Byfield and Fiala, he'll get opportunity and ice time.

Reactions: The Pale King

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Possibly, but LA spreads their scoring talent out, so there likely won't be much difference to him whether he's on the 2nd or 3rd line. Whether he plays with Danault and Moore or Byfield and Fiala, he'll get opportunity and ice time, possibly more than he got in Edmonton. He noted as much in an interview the other day, that he chose LA partly because of that opportunity.
Ahh I see. Similar to what we did with him this year, a middle 6 role. Sometimes with Drai, sometimes with Mcleod.

I do hope he gets his shot at a full time gig top 6 though. It can happen for him if his hands just get a tad better.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Ahh I see. Similar to what we did with him this year, a middle 6 role. Sometimes with Drai, sometimes with Mcleod.

I do hope he gets his shot at a full time gig top 6 though. It can happen for him if his hands just get a tad better.
The Kings prefer pairs with rotating 3rd forwards moved around to find a fit. Looks like:

( ) - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Byfield - ( )
Moore - Danault - ( )

Foegle, Jeannot, Laferriere, Thomas, Turcotte, Fagemo, Lewis look to be the remaining 7 mix and match options.

Highly doubt they see Foegle with Kopitar as Anze never does well with players who can't play a slower, more deliberate game.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The Kings prefer pairs with rotating 3rd forwards moved around to find a fit. Looks like:

( ) - Kopitar - Kempe
Fiala - Byfield - ( )
Moore - Danault - ( )

Foegle, Jeannot, Laferriere, Thomas, Turcotte, Fagemo, Lewis look to be the remaining 7 mix and match options.

Highly doubt they see Foegle with Kopitar as Anze never does well with players who can't play a slower, more deliberate game.
Interest. Yeh, foegele is definately not a deliberate game type player.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
With his speed and tenacity he could be first man in in the forecheck and play on any of the Kings top 3 lines. We really have three 2nd lines.

Kopi used to have Iafallo in that role and I see Foegele as a bigger faster version of Iafallo.

He would pair well with Phil and Moore as everyone seems to do well with those two and he would bring some size and a bit of grit.

I would really like to see him with Byfield and Fiala as a safety valve. He has the speed to skate with these two and again provides a bit of grit.

I know he is not a fighter, by grit I mean he plays fast, has size .hits and shields pucks well.

I like this signing as utility knives are not the easiest to find.

North

Jun 25, 2009
that's correct and also true for Hyman, and Jeff Skinner and etc.

Arvidsson is going to score 500pts this season and?

For a team like LA that never purposely tanked to draft a GOD, we gotta have players that can play 82 games a year

Arvidsson isn't that guy

also, i won't beef with you as WUTANG is my favorite group all time
Just a point, the Oilers didn’t purposely tank. They were legitimately bad.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
This is going to be a bad contract. I wouldn’t even sign Foegele for 2M per. Not saying this because he signed with the Kings, just being completely honest

He does nothing for 75% of the season and then scores in bunches when he’s with McDrai for a stretch
That's crazy. Foegele is worth more than $2 million all day.

His speed and forechecking ability are very valuable. He's not the smartest player and his cold streaks are frustrating, but he's a good NHLer.

Reactions: VainGretzky

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I've seen him play. Id check yourself buddy boy because Arvidsson is a glass midget.
You do realize Edmonton fans have seen him just as much in the playoffs.
As for both players, Both have their warts. One is younger and healthier and other is the better player with injury concerns. I hope Foegele does good in LA. I always liked him. He will just leaves you wanting and expecting more with his tool box. As for Arvidsson if he is on LTIR maybe Edmonton can pull a Vegas and let him sit there all year and use him in the playoffs. Vegas style.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I've seen him play. Id check yourself buddy boy because Arvidsson is a glass midget.

“I’ve seen him play” in the playoffs… this made me chuckle.

Yeah, us too buddy boy, unless you can remember some playoff games that didn’t involve Edmonton??

He’s been your 2nd best (and most annoying) player to play against after Kempe.

Reactions: Ragdoll and Jarvi

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
The nice thing about Foegele is he's the opposite of PLD in a lot of ways.

He'll give maximum effort, but doesn't have the ability. PLD has the ability, but absolutely no effort.

I'm definitely worried about the ex-Oiler curse haunting us. Every former Oiler seems to score at will against us.

Tobias Reider went a full season scoring 0 goals for the Oilers, then potted 2 against us as a Flame the next year. Yakupov pulled off an insane end-to-end rush goal on us looking like a Prime Bure.

I Have no doubt if we see you guys in thr playoffs, Foegele will get at least one hat trick and go PPG.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
“I’ve seen him play” in the playoffs… this made me chuckle.

Yeah, us too buddy boy, unless you can remember some playoff games that didn’t involve Edmonton??

He’s been your 2nd best (and most annoying) player to play against after Kempe.

Wait...you took him seriously? No one else does.....

• Haha
Reactions: bucks_oil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad