Confirmed Signing with Link: [LAK] F Warren Foegele signs with the Kings (3 years, $3.5M AAV)

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
The fact that Kings fans are concerned with this contract over the one you just handed to Edmunson is beyond laughable or the trade sequence for PLD. As third liners go Foegele is one of the better ones IMO.

I’m actually shocked that Oilers couldn’t make it work. Casualties of the cap era unfortunately.

Reactions: funky

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
The fact that Kings fans are concerned with this contract over the one you just handed to Edmunson is beyond laughable or the trade sequence for PLD. As third liners go Foegele is one of the better ones IMO.

I’m actually shocked that Oilers couldn’t make it work. Casualties of the cap era unfortunately.
I have you read anything from Kings fans regarding Edmunson? We all universally hate it.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Yeah, the Foegele contract is fine. The Edmundson one is way, way worse.

slaman

McOilers Fan
Oct 22, 2010
Toronto
I really liked Warren. He has fantastic speed and bursts into the offensive zone with such promise, but just can't get that final stick handle or solid shot off. It feels like he's right on the cusp, but it doesn't pan out consistently. Credit to him in the finals - he definitely brought it. He was never going to get paid this on the Oilers, but I'm glad he got it. Wish him all the best (except versus the Oilers).

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
there are many worse wingers getting paid more than him in the league right now
3.5M for a 20 goal scoring 3rd liner is fair. The only issue with this contract, is if LA management is expecting him to be more than he has shown (they likely aren't, given the cap hit). He is what he is. He's a good skater, full of energy, always looks like he is doing something, but has little finish, and consistency issues. It is what it is, and he should be fine in LA. Part of me wishes we could have kept him, but only at a team friendly deal, and he shouldn't be taking those. This is likely the biggest contract he will get.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Always liked Foegele. When pucks are going in for him he's a really good player with size, speed and all that. Problem is they don't go in every season.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

Which Kings fans specifically are more concerned about this contract than the Edmundson contract? Can you name them or are you just making shit up?

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Am I the only Kings fan that likes this signing?

My only problem is Byfield and Spence should have been locked up first, Edmundson should not have been signed and we should have went big game hunting for a guy like Necas first.

If all that happened and we had room to add Foegele it would have been awesome

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

Are the Kings fans that like the Edmunson signing in the thread right now? Foegele might be the only good move Blake makes this off-season. I don't count the PLD move because it's just correcting the mistake of acquiring him in the first place.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Am I the only Kings fan that likes this signing?

My only problem is Byfield and Spence should have been locked up first, Edmundson should not have been signed and we should have went big game hunting for a guy like Necas first.

If all that happened and we had room to add Foegele it would have been awesome
It's not a terrible signing by any means. Foegele is a good bottom 6 player who flirts with being capable of playing top 6 for short periods, but doesn't produce consistent enough offence to be a top 6 player outside of short 3-5 game stints 3-5 times per season. He can probably play top 6 maybe 20-25% of the time when you need a shake up, but if he's spending more time than that there then your team likely isn't very good.

Imo the dollar amount is something a non contender can afford to pay him, but not something a contender can afford. I think LA is still a bubble team and nothing more despite being deep and having some good pieces. Aging core, and down grading the roster from last year certainly won't help, but maybe the growth of Byfield and Clarke can off set that (I don't mention Turcotte because I think he's a complete bust with minimal upside).

I could see LA's season go either way tbh. I could see them make playoffs or just miss, but I don't think they've done much to improve on being a first round exit if they make it.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
“I’ve seen him play” in the playoffs… this made me chuckle.

Yeah, us too buddy boy, unless you can remember some playoff games that didn’t involve Edmonton??

He’s been your 2nd best (and most annoying) player to play against after Kempe.
Lmaooo

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah this is so ass backwards. I mean the Edmundson signing thread on our forum is literally title prefaced with "NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Kings fans generally like the Foegele signing. Generally hate most of the other moves. And generally absolutely loathe the Edmundson signing. I'm not sure what this other bunk narrative that's taking over is.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

Why would you laugh your ass off?

Edmonton is the only opponent (since there is only ONE opponent) in position to comment on LA's players playoff performance from the outside looking in. I don't think it's at all an unreasonable take to say that in the playoffs, over the last couple of years, he's been your 2nd best playoff player, and among the most annoying to play against.

The stats have him tied for 2nd in points with Kopitar (who is a class act and generally not at all annoying... but overall his impact was less than we Oiler fans worried it would be). NHL Stats

Danault brought fight and annoyance, and is generally a dirty pr!<% but didn't really have any/many "dagger" plays that killed our spirits.

Doughty played well, and at times chirped his mouth, but at his age was far less impactful on-ice and annoying to play against vs his regular season dynamics over the past few years. Seems like he got lost a bit in playoff pace hockey, old legs couldn't drag him into the fight.

Mikey Anderson (what kind of adult still uses the name Mikey?!) didn't do much other than injure Drai two years ago.

So yeah... I think it's pretty fair to say that Arvidsson was one of your/LA's better players and biggest thorns in our side in those series.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
You're enjoying your cognitive dissonance there? Trending to 60pts vs a 50 goal scorer lol but hey, there's a lot of dissonance going on these days

And for your second point, i'm slightly amused because many of us wanted Arvidsson out as well. So yea, i already want Foegele out (I've seen enough of him in the playoffs to know he sucks - but then again, when your team loses a cup but wins the conn smythe it speaks volumes)

so again, we agree on many things (as all wu heads do), I'm just suspecting you're a noob Oil fan and thus you can't admit to anything, and i understand that, i really do

btw, Set the Tone was absolute trash! Wtf was Ghost thinking w/ his "Roses" side? This hurts me more than you gloating over Mr Glass Arvy :(
33 pts in 43 games by all accounts translates to 60 plus points had there been a full season that year. This whole try to come off as a smart guy to punch up your non existent argument is cute, though. An LA fan calling anybody a noob doesn' cut it when you probably became a fan during their first cup.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
33 pts in 43 games by all accounts translates to 60 plus points had there been a full season that year. This whole try to come off as a smart guy to punch up your non existent argument is cute, though. An LA fan calling anybody a noob doesn' cut it when you probably became a fan during their first cup.

Please refer to my join date and also, don't drop out of school kids! :thumbu:

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Please refer to my join date and also, don't drop out of school kids! :thumbu:
Wow, a member of a message board since 2007! You can call people noob all day and look super cool doing it !!

Edmonton is the only opponent (since there is only ONE opponent) in position to comment on LA's players playoff performance from the outside looking in. I don't think it's at all an unreasonable take to say that in the playoffs, over the last couple of years, he's been your 2nd best playoff player, and among the most annoying to play against.

The stats have him tied for 2nd in points with Kopitar (who is a class act and generally not at all annoying... but overall his impact was less than we Oiler fans worried it would be). NHL Stats

Danault brought fight and annoyance, and is generally a dirty pr!<% but didn't really have any/many "dagger" plays that killed our spirits.

Doughty played well, and at times chirped his mouth, but at his age was far less impactful on-ice and annoying to play against vs his regular season dynamics over the past few years. Seems like he got lost a bit in playoff pace hockey, old legs couldn't drag him into the fight.

Mikey Anderson (what kind of adult still uses the name Mikey?!) didn't do much other than injure Drai two years ago.

So yeah... I think it's pretty fair to say that Arvidsson was one of your/LA's better players and biggest thorns in our side in those series.
That whole Mikey thing bothers me more than it should too.

Reactions: Nostradumbass

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

Why does it matter? He's pretty much trash for the Kings. I dont know what you're watching but Arviddson has always been an ineffective midget in the playoffs.

If I go by your logic then I think the Oilers should reconsider Draisaitl's and Hyman's future with the oilers considering the fact none of those guys can step up when McDavid isn't on the sheet.

Draisaitl realistically (I watch him the most in the playoffs year after year as you said). Always ineffective by himself and his entire career is built on the back of McDavid. Hyman is the biggest benefactor of the McDavid effect. Honestly you guys might as well trade Draisaitl. Way too expensive for a guy whos entire production relies on another man drawing 3 people to him. Might as well just get toffoli and put him near the dot on the PP and get the same production.

• Haha
Reactions: bucks_oil

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Why does it matter? He's pretty much trash for the Kings. I dont know what you're watching but Arviddson has always been an ineffective midget in the playoffs.

If I go by your logic then I think the Oilers should reconsider Draisaitl's and Hyman's future with the oilers considering the fact none of those guys can step up when McDavid isn't on the sheet.

Draisaitl realistically (I watch him the most in the playoffs year after year as you said). Always ineffective by himself and his entire career is built on the back of McDavid. Hyman is the biggest benefactor of the McDavid effect. Honestly you guys might as well trade Draisaitl. Way too expensive for a guy whos entire production relies on another man drawing 3 people to him. Might as well just get toffoli and put him near the dot on the PP and get the same production.

Draisaitl outscored McDavid in their first ever playoff game, last season (2022-2023) had 13 f***ing goals in the playoffs. He's consistently produced well even without McDavid.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Draisaitl outscored McDavid in their first ever playoff game, last season (2022-2023) had 13 f***ing goals in the playoffs. He's consistently produced well even without McDavid.
There's not one person who watched Draisaitl play against the Panthers and said "damn this guy stands out".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad