Confirmed Trade: [LAK/CBJ] Joonas Korpisalo and Vladislav Gavrikov for Jonathan Quick, 2023 1st Round Pick (Cond) & 2024 3rd Round Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
I don’t see what’s so bad here? Are kings fans worried neither sign back?

Kings get a solid middle pairer, and their fans complained about goaltending and they acquired a guy who’s above average on a god awful team

If they can sign either guys then this should be an ok deal.
I think they're upset they traded a legend who was going to retire in April and a good locker room guy for an improvement in backup goalie lol.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I don’t see what’s so bad here? Are kings fans worried neither sign back?

Kings get a solid middle pairer, and their fans complained about goaltending and they acquired a guy who’s above average on a god awful team

If they can sign either guys then this should be an ok deal.

Kings just traded the best goalie in franchise history with two months left on his contract as he was about to retire. This Kings roster isn't winning the cup, even with Korpisalo and Gavrikov. Unless we're going all in and making more moves, which I suppose is possible since at this point nothing is sacred.

I have a feeling this is going to crush the already-soft team's morale. I would've rather attached another couple firsts to move Petersen at that point.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I think they're upset they traded a legend who was going to retire in April and a good locker room guy for an improvement in backup goalie lol.
Ah quick was gonna retire after this year? Ok then it seems kinda weird., especially since reading this thread, it seemed he didn’t want to be traded at all

Copley and Korpisalo isn’t a terrible combo to run going into the playoffs

Recipe Unlimited

Sep 1, 2019
I mean you're having the worst season I've ever seen of a starting goalie in the NHL. If he wasn't ready to play this year he should have retired in the off season, and given LA the cap flexibility to have a better goaltending situation.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Thanks for the cups and dumped to ohio. Are you kidding me ? This is gonna backfire and I hope it does even Chicago treated kane with class and gave him want he wanted. Terrible and I have lost my respect for the kings organization.
People wanted Kane, Quick is negative replacement level, cap dump.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Jackets are better / will be better than people give them credit for.They have a ton of good prospects coming. Yes they are dogshit this year, but in a couple yewrs they will be a playoff team
That and Werenski being back for next season should give them more talent.

Reactions: Viqsi

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Kings just traded the best goalie in franchise history with two months left on his contract as he was about to retire. This Kings roster isn't winning the cup, even with Korpisalo and Gavrikov. Unless we're going all in and making more moves, which I suppose is possible since at this point nothing is sacred.

I have a feeling this is going to crush the already-soft team's morale. I would've rather attached another couple firsts to move Petersen at that point.
Not only that, but Petersen's contract is still a problem on top of this disaster.

And Quick as recently as 10 months ago was still a killer in the playoffs

Reactions: David Lunch

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Oh, Quick is involved you say...?

giphy.gif

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019

Yea on second thought, it doesn’t look as great. This seems one of those move where even though a team gets better on paper, they get a bit worse maybe due to morale and chemistry. I thought quick was fine with this deal assuming he had like an NMC or NTC, but it seems not. I could see the locker room not liking this.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Weird to do that over a crappy goalie and a crappy defenseman

Rob Blake has never and will never have a plan. Half the Kings fanbase has confused his entire paralytic nothingburger tenure as GM for masterful 4D chess. It’s not. He sucks. It’s just hard to tell because he’s under zero pressure from the LA media to ever answer for himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad