TSN: Laine cleared to return from Player Assistance Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
What does "misused" even mean?

I mean if you took say Auston Matthews and put him on the 4th line with Dewar and Reaves consistently sure that would be misusing him but no coach is going to do that.

Guys generally play where they belong and if they don't it's usually because they are to high in the lineup, case in point Tyler Bozak until Matthews was drafted.

Again I agree with you and perhaps misused is the wrong word. Not from the US/Canada so some words might be lost in my translation from Swedish to English.

Instead let’s say sometimes there’s just not room for a player. Matthews is a bad example as he’s a superstar but look at Robertson, he himself thinks he should have a permanent spot on the roster while management seems to think otherwise. He is probably not a bad player and could probably get a permanent spot on a worse team. I wouldn’t call that quitting in your team.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
You have a lot of feelings about the player. You don't have any facts on your side but I respect it in a Don Quixote way. It's mental but dedicated.

You've invented these Laine problems and try to sell it as truth. I'm sure YOU see all these connections but to the outsider it's your Pepe Silvia

Right, “feelings” vs “facts”.

It’s your opinion that 3 coaches in a row, and essentially the entire Blue Jackets roster is what is holding Patrik Laine back?? Correct?? Actual question.

You literally blame his teammates for not opening up space for him on the ice to be able to shoot more, as if he’s not the person responsible and it’s not a tangible skill that’s relevant to nearly everything that happens on the ice. And at the same time try to pass off the idea that he’s some “two way player” on top of things!?!

I believe a HUGE reason the team is so bad is his cap hit when he is not playing, and the amount of ice time he gets when he is playing. And yes, he comes with CLEAR baggage, and the “diva” attitude where he needs the ice time and puck on his stick, yet, always passes off blame to other people when he doesn’t get these things, or they don’t go well when he does.

He’s a good offensive player with a very good shot —thats it— probably worth about half of what he makes, and a TERRIBLE FIT with the currently built CBJ team.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Right, “feelings” vs “facts”.

It’s your opinion that 3 coaches in a row, and essentially the entire Blue Jackets roster is what is holding Patrik Laine back?? Correct?? Actual question.

Incorrect. He's been held back by injuries.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Incorrect. He's been held back by injuries.
And your opinion on the teams other “best players”, Gaudreau, Werenski, and Jenner, is what exactly??

That said, to be clear, Gaudreau and Werenski haven’t been much better. They’re all similar in that they lack intensity and aggression on the ice. And like Laine, have HIGH cap hits. I was 1 of more than a few people who were concerned about the Gaudreau/Laine combo as our 1-2 punch on the wings. Gaudreau however, CAN carry the puck and set up other players and “make other players better”, unlike Laine needing all these perfect conditions to perform, or be “happy” or “accepting” of his conditions.

Anyways, why exactly aren’t more CBJ fans dismissive of the dude at this point!?! He’s literally said that he doesn’t want to play for the CBJ because he wants to win. Right?? No?? And some people think the other players take that lightly and will lovingly accept him back into the locker room, and that his issue was just with all these coaches??

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
No he hasn't.

You seem to take any speculation as gospel, if the speculation paints Laine in a negative light.

We are both wasting our time in here. 😂

The bus boy, among others, makes shit up, misinterpret things on purpose and exaggerate for the sole purpose of shitting on Laine.

It’s borderline trolling and posters have been warned for less.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I see a laine trade happening at the deadline. It gives laine most of the season to prove himself, secondly, teams will have some sort of injuries and can fit laine caphit better.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
We are both wasting our time in here. 😂

The bus boy, among others, makes shit up, misinterpret things on purpose and exaggerate for the sole purpose of shitting on Laine.

It’s borderline trolling and posters have been warned for less.
There's a reason why Bus is the only poster I've put on ignore in my 20+ years here

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
No he hasn't.

You seem to take any speculation as gospel, if the speculation paints Laine in a negative light

No he hasn't.

You seem to take any speculation as gospel, if the speculation paints Laine in a negative light.
So Columbus does not want to trade him and he does not want to be traded. He is a part of their core players is what you are saying. Correct?

Reactions: thebus88

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
And your opinion on the teams other “best players”, Gaudreau, Werenski, and Jenner, is what exactly??

That said, to be clear, Gaudreau and Werenski haven’t been much better. They’re all similar in that they lack intensity and aggression on the ice. And like Laine, have HIGH cap hits. I was 1 of more than a few people who were concerned about the Gaudreau/Laine combo as our 1-2 punch on the wings. Gaudreau however, CAN carry the puck and set up other players and “make other players better”, unlike Laine needing all these perfect conditions to perform, or be “happy” or “accepting” of his conditions.

Anyways, why exactly aren’t more CBJ fans dismissive of the dude at this point!?! He’s literally said that he doesn’t want to play for the CBJ because he wants to win. Right?? No?? And some people think the other players take that lightly and will lovingly accept him back into the locker room, and that his issue was just with all these coaches??
Columbus is a terribly built team for a guy like Laine. Laine needs strong booking in order to succeed. The only reason Laine is on the team is because Jarmo really wanted him there without a plan of how to surround him with talent that can complement him.
Laine needs to be on a winning team with a great powerplay. Laine does most of his damage on the powerplay with his shot. The team that Laine is on needs another forward who can pass him the puck and a good puckmoving defenseman so the powerplay flows. On top of that they need a good player infront of the net who can tap in those rebounds from Laine's shots that don't go in. Kind of like how Ovechkin had Mike Knuble back in the day. On top of that Laine is also good on the rush so a good puckmoving defenseman would get the best out of Laine there too. On a winnig team Laine can also use his size and reach to score empty netters. But since Columbus haven't done any winning Laine hasn't been in position to do any of this.

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
So the question is,
Is the problem that Laine wants to play a certain style and method that is different than what the coaches want? More offensive starts less defensive starts or a team that has offense only lines and defence only lines.
Or maybe that they need to pass it to him more often?

Is it play Laine’s way or he don’t like it?

That’s what it sounds like. What team would that be?
What is it exactly that makes it sound like that, to you?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Columbus is a terribly built team for a guy like Laine. Laine needs strong booking in order to succeed. The only reason Laine is on the team is because Jarmo really wanted him there without a plan of how to surround him with talent that can complement him.
Far be it from me to appear to defend Kekalainen, but he didn't "really want him there." Jarmo had a player who wanted out and was looking to get the best package he could in return. Indeed, Jarmo had built the team assuming that he had his 1C for years to come, and then that player bailed.

That Laine appears to be doing the same now is immaterial to that aspect of the discussion. Jarmo did not go all out to acquire Laine as a foundational part of his roster building strategy. He had to make thing up a little bit as he went.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
So Columbus does not want to trade him and he does not want to be traded. He is a part of their core players is what you are saying. Correct?

Look at what I was replying to. This is speculation we are not privy to. Bus just likes to interpret and claim stuff.

Anyways, why exactly aren’t more CBJ fans dismissive of the dude at this point!?! He’s literally said that he doesn’t want to play for the CBJ because he wants to win. Right?? No??

Reactions: Jimmybarndoor2

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Laine needs to be on a winning team with a great powerplay. Laine does most of his damage on the powerplay with his shot. The team that Laine is on needs another forward who can pass him the puck and a good puckmoving defenseman so the powerplay flows. On top of that they need a good player infront of the net who can tap in those rebounds from Laine's shots that don't go in. Kind of like how Ovechkin had Mike Knuble back in the day. On top of that Laine is also good on the rush so a good puckmoving defenseman would get the best out of Laine there too. On a winnig team Laine can also use his size and reach to score empty netters. But since Columbus haven't done any winning Laine hasn't been in position to do any of this.
So everybody else on the team has to do what it takes to win but Laine gets to go out there take a little skate and shoot on net like its practice , nice. I know you are Muletman but that paragraph you just wrote is something else man.

Laine can also use his 6'4 ass himself and help the team win you know?

Reactions: thebus88

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
As not only the games but also the stats say, he played best with Jenner and Nyquist, and he also had great chemistry with Chinachov. On the other hand, he didn't play so well with playmakers Gaudreau and Voráček. One led his lines, made his partners better and at the same time made everyone he played with better. He doesn't need special partners. Just the coach needs to make him shoot more.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Look at what I was replying to. This is speculation we are not privy to. Bus just likes to interpret and claim stuff.

Why does Patrik Laine not want to play for the Columbus Blue Jackets?? Are they bad for his “mental health”??

Why are you guys seemingly ignoring the fact that HE is the guy asking to be traded??

A page back, a handful of examples, in every link I posted regarding DIFFERENT “incidents”, he BARELY takes ANY responsibility for why he has been “disciplined” or why things are going bad, and many of his quotes and body language you can easily interpret negatively, while at the same time he would openly express opinions contradicting his coaches, and SHOCK that people could think he’s not playing good.

Everything is about Laine, and NOT the Columbus Blue Jackets, and THAT is the problem.

You’re insane if you don’t think Patrik Laine is PART of the problem with the current CBJ, and would want him to continue playing with the team, AFTER he’s asked for a trade.

IMO

• Haha
Reactions: ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Why does Patrik Laine not want to play for the Columbus Blue Jackets?? Are they bad for his “mental health”??

Why are you guys seemingly ignoring the fact that HE is the guy asking to be traded??

A page back, a handful of examples, in every link I posted regarding DIFFERENT “incidents”, he BARELY takes ANY responsibility for why he has been “disciplined” or why things are going bad, and many of his quotes and body language you can easily interpret negatively, while at the same time he would openly express opinions contradicting his coaches, and SHOCK that people could think he’s not playing good.

Everything is about Laine, and NOT the Columbus Blue Jackets, and THAT is the problem.

You’re insane if you don’t think Patrik Laine is PART of the problem with the current CBJ, and would want him to continue playing with the team, AFTER he’s asked for a trade.

IMO

I think it’s safe to say: the bus is broken.

Seriously though you crack me up with all your nonsense, CAPITAL letter words and misuse of “quotation marks”. 😂😂

Mental health is a real thing, there is no need to, nor is it correct to use quotation marks.

If you want to emphasize a word, use bold or italic text. It’s easier to read and doesn’t make you look like a teenager.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021

I don't know. Neither do you.

If I have to guess, people have an irrational association with places and events, and sometimes when things have gone wrong in one place they want to just start somewhere new. When something bad happens, change of scenery is what some people need to stop dwelling on those issues. I'd think that's a more reasonable explanation of why he might want to move on. He's had constant injuries, had covid and his dad died while he's been in Columbus. Hasn't been able to string a full season together, hasn't been able to do what he expects of himself.

The situation was clearly bad for his mental health, or he would not have went for the program.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Getting back into a routine is not going to help with depression, still prone with dwelling with the past. A new location and new associates help with the much needed distractions. It's the distractions that are needed, not the routines, where you think too much. This is not about the Blue Jackets nor is it about Laine's training regiment, it's about moving on with his life. I've seen it with people suffering PTSD (they were more pronounced and needed to snap out of it all the time - acute to say the least) Laine isn't that far gone, but getting back into a routine isn't going to help.

A trade with UTAH would help, however I don't see a trade being materialize that the Blue Jackets and GMBA would agree to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad