TSN: Laine cleared to return from Player Assistance Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
That's why I wrote the Russian proverb ("Greed was the undoing of a dude"). GMs are waiting to see if Waddell will make price lower, I don't believe they don't work are in the holidays. But they can, as we say in Slovakia, miscalculate.

I know, it is strange but PAP can be a very strong argument, especially if Patrik was so long in it.
They basically want to give him away. How much lower can a team realistically go

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Can you provide a source for anything you've said in this topic? I live in Columbus, have connections to media who follow the Jackets (I actually covered the Jackets as a writer briefly, lol), and pay as much attention to the Jackets as probably anyone who actively roots for another team. This would be the first time I've heard of him not being respected by his coaches and teammates in Columbus. You're just saying a bunch of bullshit. If this is what happened in Winnipeg, it's not what happened in Columbus.
WHAT is wrong in the Columbus Blue Jacket locker room?? WHO is the actual problem?? Based on the sources/media/writers and/or Columbus based CBJ fans. He’s literally had some sort of “extraordinary” issue or incident, or made negative comments about each of the 3 head coaches he’s had with the CBJ. I’d be willing to bet Laine had something to do with the Babcock era ending so soon also.

Can you provide a source or anything about ANY CBJ player having a negative thought or feeling about a teammate?? Does that mean they don’t exist?? You think the CBJ players enjoy that he stopped playing for the team and essentially wants to only come back to play with another team, partly due to the reason he’s “sick of losing”….??

Something has obviously been very wrong, yet all we ever get is overly vague PR BS answers about everything. Some players have hinted towards issues, but, there’s never any digging or discussion about anything, and those things are enough for a headline or a paragraph and it’s time to move on.

I’ve personally mentioned multiple times the comments made by Gudbranson that essentially everyone took as comments about the coach/Brad Larsen, when you could EASILY INTERPRET them another way, and read them as a “shot” at the other players (a certain group/Laine) not being prepared for practice, or in general as NHL hockey players.

Laine is a HUGE reason we are on COACH 3 (actually 4) that have been used as a scapegoat and essentially blamed for all problems regarding the teams performance.

It’s almost like everyone ADMITS there’s been a problem with the team, yet, nobody can acknowledge who or what it could actually be, other than blaming the coaching, that has changed almost yearly, or a goalie you at one time couldn’t even express negative opinions about. Adding Monahan and removing Jake Bean and Adam Boqvist ain’t enough.

Reactions: Baksfamous112

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
It’s all been there to see. On the ice. Off the ice. Been an issue from the start. Reminder that the Larsen/bench incident was literally a few games into his time with the CBJ.

READ THE DUDES ACTUAL QUOTES—PLEASE

“Nobody is bigger than the Blue Jackets”

Well said, Vincent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monstershockey

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
WHAT is wrong in the Columbus Blue Jacket locker room?? WHO is the actual problem?? Based on the sources/media/writers and/or Columbus based CBJ fans. He’s literally had some sort of “extraordinary” issue or incident, or made negative comments about each of the 3 head coaches he’s had with the CBJ. I’d be willing to bet Laine had something to do with the Babcock era ending so soon also.

Can you provide a source or anything about ANY CBJ player having a negative thought or feeling about a teammate?? Does that mean they don’t exist?? You think the CBJ players enjoy that he stopped playing for the team and essentially wants to only come back to play with another team, partly due to the reason he’s “sick of losing”….??

Something has obviously been very wrong, yet all we ever get is overly vague PR BS answers about everything. Some players have hinted towards issues, but, there’s never any digging or discussion about anything, and those things are enough for a headline or a paragraph and it’s time to move on.

I’ve personally mentioned multiple times the comments made by Gudbranson that essentially everyone took as comments about the coach/Brad Larsen, when you could EASILY INTERPRET them another way, and read them as a “shot” at the other players (a certain group/Laine) not being prepared for practice, or in general as NHL hockey players.

Laine is a HUGE reason we are on COACH 3 (actually 4) that have been used as a scapegoat and essentially blamed for all problems regarding the teams performance.

It’s almost like everyone ADMITS there’s been a problem with the team, yet, nobody can acknowledge who or what it could actually be, other than blaming the coaching, that has changed almost yearly, or a goalie you at one time couldn’t even express negative opinions about. Adding Monahan and removing Jake Bean and Adam Boqvist ain’t enough.
It’s all been there to see. On the ice. Off the ice. Been an issue from the start. Reminder that the Larsen/bench incident was literally a few games into his time with the CBJ.

READ THE DUDES ACTUAL QUOTES—PLEASE

“Nobody is bigger than the Blue Jackets”

Well said, Vincent.

"Speculation speculation speculation speculation and I'm blaming the one guy I don't like."

You keep doing this.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
"Speculation speculation speculation speculation and I'm blaming the one guy I don't like."

You keep doing this.
Your opinions aren’t respected by me. Quit responding to all my posts in this way while adding nothing of substance or even involving any subject other than MY opinions. Try talking some hockey.

You don’t or shouldn’t represent ALL CBJ fans.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
READ THE DUDES ACTUAL QUOTES

"It's probably over my career the most embarrassing thing that's happened to me, so I'm obviously not happy about that," Laine said after practice Tuesday. "They know that. It is what it is. It's done and now we're back, so just try to focus on playing.

"I mean, I'm not going to start analyzing it that much, because I don't know what I'm going to say. I'll just keep it at that. I'm not going to say anything dumb. It's up to them. I just play here, and I play whenever they tell me."

What's the problem with this?

Because it wasn't standard hockey BS like "we just gotta play our own game, the game isn't over til it's over, we have to want it more"?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Debatable

Your assessment belies this.

Not even remotely true.

One-off injuries, but otherwise true.

Never has. He's asked out but never quit.

This is the most ludicrously absurd thing in your entire post.

So, basically, you're 1 for 6 in your assessment. Not very good work. I advise you get over the days when folks used to insist he was better than Matthews and stop butting into threads trying to push nonsense narratives about the guy.

Asking out is quitting on the team it's the same thing.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm intrigued by this story, we have a player that is extremely talented but is also damaged goods until proven otherwise.

And let's be clear right now he is damaged goods, you can't come out of the player assistance program and not be damaged goods.

His trade value is very likely rock bottom right now

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
And let's be clear right now he is damaged goods, you can't come out of the player assistance program and not be damaged goods.

I don't think such a rule is written anywhere. This might be how you feel but I don't. Had Carey Price returned from his time in it, I would have considered him elite goalie Carey Price until he showed otherwise.

And wouldn't they be "refurbished " at least :D

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't think such a rule is written anywhere. This might be how you feel but I don't. Had Carey Price returned from his time in it, I would have considered him elite goalie Carey Price until he showed otherwise.

And wouldn't they be "refurbished " at least :D

It doesn't need to be written you don'tgo into that program unless you are damaged goods.

The fact that he had to go into it, is enough to call him damaged goods, and until he steps on the ice be it for Columbus or somebody else, and proves he's got his shit together and he's that sniper again he's damaged goods and his trade value is rock bottom

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
It doesn't need to be written you don'tgo into that program unless you are damaged goods.

The fact that he had to go into it, is enough to call him damaged goods, and until he steps on the ice be it for Columbus or somebody else, and proves he's got his shit together and he's that sniper again he's damaged goods and his trade value is rock bottom

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden

In general I agree with you, but surely there has to be nuances to this.

Giving 50%, not caring, not taking responsibility for your actions is quitting on your team.

Asking for a trade because of a family situation, being “misused”, management issues or as in this case needing a fresh start coming out of the PAP I wouldn’t consider quitting.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I agree with this. Guys on teams that I follow, as soon as they ask out, I stop caring what they do. Sooner they are gone the better. I want guys that want to be there, trying hard to make the team better. It doesn't always work out, but it makes rooting for the team better. I don't care to root for guys that want out.

Reactions: thebus88

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm still scratching my head to figure out if he would be good for the Habs.

There is no escaping the Habs media. They can make you into a God...or beat you like a rented mule.

On the other hand it's a young, hungry team and Hughes values team spirit. "Its a family"...and if he fits in, I can see a massivly different Laine.

Don't know....

Last edited:
Reactions: BLONG7

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021

You have a lot of feelings about the player. You don't have any facts on your side but I respect it in a Don Quixote way. It's mental but dedicated.

You've invented these Laine problems and try to sell it as truth. I'm sure YOU see all these connections but to the outsider it's your Pepe Silvia

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
In general I agree with you, but surely there has to be nuances to this.

Giving 50%, not caring, not taking responsibility for your actions is quitting on your team.

Asking for a trade because of a family situation, being “misused”, management issues or as in this case needing a fresh start coming out of the PAP I wouldn’t consider quitting.

What does "misused" even mean?

I mean if you took say Auston Matthews and put him on the 4th line with Dewar and Reaves consistently sure that would be misusing him but no coach is going to do that.

Guys generally play where they belong and if they don't it's usually because they are to high in the lineup, case in point Tyler Bozak until Matthews was drafted.

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
So the question is,
Is the problem that Laine wants to play a certain style and method that is different than what the coaches want? More offensive starts less defensive starts or a team that has offense only lines and defence only lines.
Or maybe that they need to pass it to him more often?

Is it play Laine’s way or he don’t like it?

That’s what it sounds like. What team would that be?

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So the question is,
Is the problem that Laine wants to play a certain style and method that is different than what the coaches want? More offensive starts less defensive starts or a team that has offense only lines and defence only lines.

That’s what it sounds like. What team would that be?
None.

The habs so far had a loose team and MSL allowed them to play their game. But...it will end soon. Unless a team has the 75 habs firepower, no team has enough offense to win a cup.with "let them play" coach.

Laine will need to conform to the teams structure...or get lost.

On the other hand i simply don't know that much about the player or his attitude to form a strong opinion on his game. I've watched him maybe 10 times as just another player, not a potential trade.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I'd try him on the Habs, but I'm sure as shit not ready to pay the price Colombus would want
I'd be ready to throw an unprotected 2026 1st round pick + for him

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
So the question is,

That’s what it sounds like.

No.

He's been playing the roles he's been given, and even offered to try C when team was short on C. His usage on PP has been dumb, but he has played the position they ask.

Why are we making stuff up?

Reactions: mattihp and Viqsi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad