TSN: Laine cleared to return from Player Assistance Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
When and link.
I’ve had broken collarbones, and didn’t have the treatment Laine would have have, was back playing in 2 months, felt 100% after 3-4 months.

He’s not still recovering from collarbone, unless has carpal tunnel from Fortnite now.
Are you a professional athlete? Not every injury is the same

Reactions: Lorenzo1000

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
:amazed:
IMG_5401.jpeg

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
I'd be so pumped if we got Laine back. He's getting done dirty in this thread, you would think he's barely an NHL player based on what some of these posters are saying

I know, just wish he gets a full season and people get reminded that he's an elite player. So much BS narrative around him and people writing him off because they simply forgot what he can actually do

CannonFire1

Jun 22, 2023
we don't really know reason he went to the program, these kind of assumptions are nonsense until we know
The stated reason was mental health. I seriously doubt there will be any additional information forthcoming (nor should there be). The relevant portion is that he's been medically cleared to resume playing in the NHL.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
The stated reason was mental health. I seriously doubt there will be any additional information forthcoming (nor should there be). The relevant portion is that he's been medically cleared to resume playing in the NHL.
And that he has the ability to talk to other teams. Laine and his agent are basically getting the ability to reach out and attempt to find a team that wants him. Then of course it's up to Waddell and the other GM to work something out. He's essentially getting a restricted free agency period. No guarantee that something gets done, but it should make for a simple matchmaking process at least

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
All the injuries have been freak one-off ones, two just this past season the result of targeting by opposing players. None are recurring or chronic. And let's be real, it's been a miserable few years for the Blue Jackets as a whole. Laine is not immune to that.

Says more about the Jackets than it does Laine, tbh.
Oh the good news is that opposing players have all agreed not to target Laine any more.

And not many injuries are more reoccurring or chronic for hockey players than shoulder injuries.

Reactions: thebus88

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
That's exactly why it's a bad gamble. The only motive for a team to put all their chips on an unknown variable would be desperation.

lol how is it a bad gamble? I don’t think you understand how this works. Before acquiring a player the team talks to the player and his agent. So just because you don’t know why he entered the PAP, the team acquiring him will know. My god how do you not understand… :rolleyes:

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
It will be fun to bring this shit up when he plays a full season and scores more goals than Kuzmenko has had points
Kuzmenko is not a good player was my point. Laine was on pace for 40 points. I don't think that's something that will happen. Laine is possibly the most overrated player in the league. He's Huberdeau bad, just signed to less term and less money,

The funniest part of your post is that Kuzmenko has had the same amount of goals that Laine has had points over the past 2 seasons.

I don't like either player. Neither of them help you win at all. I'm just saying they are the same player basically. With Kuzmenko being less expensive.

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Kuzmenko is not a good player was my point. Laine was on pace for 40 points. I don't think that's something that will happen. Laine is possibly the most overrated player in the league. He's Huberdeau bad, just signed to less term and less money,

The funniest part of your post is that Kuzmenko has had the same amount of goals that Laine has had points over the past 2 seasons.

I don't like either player. Neither of them help you win at all. I'm just saying they are the same player basically. With Kuzmenko being less expensive.

So you are using last season, a season where he clearly had his mind elsewhere and had mental health problems, as a base for your argument? Surely you can’t be serious?

Did you watch hockey at all prior to this season?

Reactions: Toe Pick

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
So you are using last season, a season where he clearly had his mind elsewhere and had mental health problems, as a base for your argument? Surely you can’t be serious?

Did you watch hockey at all prior to this season?
Such a tired argument. I'm using his entire career. All he does is score and he hasn't hit 30 in 6 years now. He's a bad hockey player. Wait and see. No one wants him. They won't get anything for him and will either have to pay to move him or take back another bad contract. Maybe they you can ask if other NHL GMs watch hockey at all prior to this season.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021

Yeah and I'm saying you're absolutely wrong, Laine is an elite player when healthy, Kuzmenko is alright. Your assessment of Laine is terribly off. You'll see, if he plays a full season.

Laine is far better in offense and defense (which Kuzmenko barely touches)

You are correct. It was Barkov and not Lundell.

Ah yeah that was a rumor of possible teams.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Yeah and I'm saying you're absolutely wrong, Laine is an elite player when healthy, Kuzmenko is alright. Your assessment of Laine is terribly off. You'll see, if he plays a full season.

Laine is far better in offense and defense (which Kuzmenko barely touches)

Ah yeah that was a rumor of possible teams.
Oof. And you had the nerve to say other people don't understand hockey. Kuzmenko has actually out produced Laine by quite a bit on a per 60 basis since he came into the league.

Pretending Laine is good defensively is the height of stupidity. He's horrific defensively. Utterly useless defensively. So is Kuzmenko. You might be talking the 2 worst defensive forwards in hockey here.

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Oof. And you had the nerve to say other people don't understand hockey. Kuzmenko has actually out produced Laine by quite a bit on a per 60 basis since he came into the league.

Pretending Laine is good defensively is the height of stupidity. He's horrific defensively. Utterly useless defensively. So is Kuzmenko. You might be talking the 2 worst defensive forwards in hockey here.

I have watched Kuzmenko. You have formed your opinion on Laine's defensive game from HFBoards lore.

They're worlds apart defensively. Kuzmenko never really visits the defensive zone and Laine is usually the last forward to leave it.

I think it's pretty reasonable to expect Laine to post a 30 goal 30 assist type season if he managed to put together a full season.

Maybe doubtful he surpasses that by much, but you never know?

My expectation for full season with a good center is 110+ points so that's about how much our views on his ability differs.

• Haha
Reactions: behemolari
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad