Value of: Laine + 1st

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Not having to play with a legit setup man isn’t helping his case. If there’s a team that’s on the lookout for a big scoring winger to pair with a playmaking center, those #’s will rise back up to what they were when he was playing in Winnipeg (because of Scheiffle, not Little).
Isn't Voracek a pretty good play maker?

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
I feel like you're looking for a Laine for Holloway type of deal.

If his cap hit and QO wasn't so exceedingly high and Edmonton so cap crunched I might propose it, but Holloway is looking like a real good player and his value on an ELC is too good for the Oilers.

I've wanted him alongside JP in Edmonton for a while now, but I don't think Bourgault will be as attractive and I don't see anything else there. But am I close in my guess?

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
Isn't Voracek a pretty good play maker?

He is but his instinct is to play the puck to the front of the net and go for tip ins and such. Laine isn't a tipper so much, he plays further out to find open ice for a shot. So most of the passes from Jake go to Jenner or who ever is the net front man.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Dear OP can we clarify what you are looking for exactly?

You state that you are looking for prospects while some folks here talk about established veteran centers.

I would really be interested in offering something from the Kings treasures but i don't know what

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
First, Laine is 23 and a top line sniper, something every team needs.
Second, the 1st is this years and can be Chicago's or CBJs since they are so close in the standings.
Third, the other 1st could be included as well.

CBJ needs listed in order of importance's:
Centers. (prospects)
Stay at home Dmen. (under 30)
Prospects. (center/dmen)
Picks. (1st/2nd)

Other assests likely available:
Domi
Korpi
Nyquist
Kukan
Cap Space

what would it take to get him on the rangers?

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
He has 16 goals in his last 66 games, that doesn’t sound very elite. :dunno:
Had no one to feed him, look at CBJs center depth. It was only this year that he's had a natural playmaker to play with, Nyquist and Voracek. And keep in mind, he got traded last year in-season to a new team and with his injury keeping him out all of December this season, I don't see how you can use his last 66 games against him or a predicator of what type of player he is. He's got one of the best (if not the best ie Elite) one-timers currently in the game. He reads the play well enough to put himself in position to score and despite public opinion; he isn't as bad on D as some people like to claim. I've seen far worst defense in my time and again...he's a LW sniper! And you are talking about his D! WTF?!?

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
what would it take to get him on the rangers?
We need Center prospects, got lots of 2nd/3rd line centers (ruling out Strome) already, so if you got one of them in the pipeline then maybe something there.
Don't really see any D men that could fit CBJs current needs...
And why is the Rangers trying to acquire another winger again?...

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Pierre Luc Dubois?

nt4dmfe-gif.400894

Reactions: General Disarray
Feb 19, 2018
played through alot of injuries as well.
As I suggested in the thread earlier. Laine for Boeser switch up the scenery for both players. Both are young and proven goal scorers who have 40 goal potential. Laine has more baggage but it’s hard to find similar players in almost the same situation with cap working out.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Not a chance

The correct answer is “hell no” from Winnipeg. Winnipeg needs to make PLD a very rich young man, 5-8 years contract sign him soon please bc his price keeps going up due to his great play.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
I can see that, but pair him with a #1 Center and you get a serious scoring threat.

I don't follow all the teams and know who is coming up in their systems. Maybe a team in the top 8 of their division needs more scoring for a cup run and has a young center that could be traded. Or a center that needs a change of scenery and still has the potential for top line.

IDK, just checking.

PS, still need a good young stay at home dman, someone that can help with the rebuild.
How many teams have two young franchise/superstar centers so the deal could make sense for them?

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
Not really the type of center we need.
really dont have a choice, if you get a #1,2 center then you take it for a one dimensional player. not only that RNH would be amazing team morale wise and over all good player. also hes the kind of center that youd get in return for laine plus a 1st because hes on such a great contract. but oilers still would say no more than likely as laine is purely a rental unless he takes a hit on his next contract.

Easternbull

Nov 18, 2016
New Jersey would be a good fit and they have the assets to get the deal done.

Carolina has the capspace but would Jarmo settle for Kotkaniemi and or Jarvis?

Lou tried last summer so maybe Patrik is headed to long Island?

Any real news or rumors regarding an extension for PLD?

Dubois is a stud and hope coach Lowry is giving him enough icetime compared to 55, IMHO Mcdavid and Scheiffele lack in leaderhip and D-game to be elite nr 1 on wining teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad