La Liga 24/25 thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Rodrygo complained in an online post that he's not visible enough at Real and that everyone is talking about the other three, and not about him. Afterwards, he deleted the post. Trouble in paradise, you hate to see it ...
Hate to see it

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean he should count his lucky stars that he’s even on the team. He’s really just a run of the mill player.

Equivalent of Pedro or Vazquez complaint about Iniesta, Xavi and Messi or bale, Benz and Ronaldo.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Rodrygo complained in an online post that he's not visible enough at Real and that everyone is talking about the other three, and not about him. Afterwards, he deleted the post. Trouble in paradise, you hate to see it ...

Interesting if that’s legit. As I’ve said, someone at some point is going to have to take a back seat and I can’t see all of those talents being happy being rotated or on the bench. Winning can help with that, but even then I’m guessing only so long. It’s probably helpful that Camavinga is out for a while.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Wow, Celta are beating Valencia pretty badly. They promoted their B team manager and he’s largely relied on players who were currently at the club. Also interesting to see MIngueza as a sort of LWB/LM player and he has a goal and an assist today. He’s been a good signing for them.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It’s penalty for Bilbao before Barca. This ref is so stupid he missed both but Bilbao will get theirs through VaR

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Can't watch live, but from the box score I would think Flick would put Casado in for Bernal and either Garcia (more likely of the two) or Fort on for Cubarsi.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Superb chemistry between Pedri and Raphina to set up the go ahead marker

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Deserved win today. I think the team played well enough, but still quite a ways from their full potential. Granted we’re missing so many key players. I thought Athletic Club were quite poor as well. A few thoughts:

-I think you saw it last week and maybe a bit less this week, but under Flick the team’s physical condition is better and long may that continue.
-Bernal had a good first half and this was IMO his best performance with the first team (including preseason). The difference? You might say experience, but despite playing a double pivot on paper I felt as though it was less so today with Pedri.
-Still didn’t understand the decision to play Torres, Lamal and Raphinha at the same time. Raphinha is better out wide and I’d have started Pedri there and moved Raphinha out left.
-Raphinha is better on the right, but he’s better than I thought on the left. If Yamal plays regularly and stays fit, I would give Raphinha that wide left spot. And since I’m on him, I liked Raphinha’s second half. He also works to get back and he presses better than the rest of the forwards (at least in this match).
-Like I said last week, Lewandowski will score more goals than last season. In fact, he might score as many as he did the first season.
-Flick can not keep playing Bernal in front of Cubarsi and Martinez. The three of them have a combined horsepower of less than 100 and a team with pace and good progressive passing will thrash them.
-I thought Kounde did well handling Nico Williams, but he also had support at times which definitely helped.

Rayo away in only three days. Curious if Flick rings a few changes.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I don't know about starting, but I'd be happy to have him on the bench

Agreed. Don’t think he’d be starting. I also don’t think we need him at the moment. That said we might have used him the past couple of years and it’s as I’ve been saying forever, just because a La Masia graduate isn’t good enough to be a starter it doesn’t mean we can’t have them in the squad.

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Boring and uneventful game so far.

Vini and Mbappé cannot seem to get out of each other's way.
Only thing worth reporting so far is Vini's cool new haircut.

Real's attack players love spaces and teams like Valladolid (or Mallorca last week) just park the bus and wish for the best. I expect y'all to do better in Europe with teams that open up.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad