La Liga 24/25 thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
only thing i got is that the touch was heavy.

Brahim, you are perfect though

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Not even a pen if you ask me. Anyways, they were already up on the score so not a big deal (and probably a pen should have been called earlier), they deserved the game.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Two things I forgot to mention yesterday. First, we had 70% possession and yet still played quite direct. Haven’t really seen that since Lucho was in charge.

Also, still have to keep our feet on the ground. International breaks can change things, especially this one at this stage in the season. A nice break for a few players should be helpful though. Still, we have yet to really play anyone. Even Bilbao are not at their best at the moment.

Great post. I also believe we need to think about life without Lewa. Which forwards did you think of? I also have a couple ideas but want to hear yours

Well I think we need to face facts that we’ll have Lewandowski for this season and next. So speculating as to a replacement is probably a waste of time. If it were to happen next Summer there were two names, now three that come to mind.

Haaland was the third as I would imagine Guardiola leaves City and who knows what happens with their charges. That said he’d cost a fortune and even if the Camp Nou is open it might not be the best idea to repeat the wage mistakes of the past. Not to mention we’d have competition for him.

Darwin Nunez was another. Finishing is an issue, but his pressing would go a long way and it’s not as though he hasn’t scored his fair share of goals. His wages aren’t crazy and Liverpool probably wouldn’t ask over the moon for him.

Victor Gyokeres was the other. Would love to see him on the receiving end of some of those attacks we saw yesterday. Sporting want too much, but that would like be offset by his wages to some degree.

Of course that’s all just looking ahead to next Summer. Younger players coming through too and who knows, maybe Roque will surprise us. Would have at least liked to see him get a shot under Flick.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Two things I forgot to mention yesterday. First, we had 70% possession and yet still played quite direct. Haven’t really seen that since Lucho was in charge.

Also, still have to keep our feet on the ground. International breaks can change things, especially this one at this stage in the season. A nice break for a few players should be helpful though. Still, we have yet to really play anyone. Even Bilbao are not at their best at the moment.

Well I think we need to face facts that we’ll have Lewandowski for this season and next. So speculating as to a replacement is probably a waste of time. If it were to happen next Summer there were two names, now three that come to mind.

Haaland was the third as I would imagine Guardiola leaves City and who knows what happens with their charges. That said he’d cost a fortune and even if the Camp Nou is open it might not be the best idea to repeat the wage mistakes of the past. Not to mention we’d have competition for him.

Darwin Nunez was another. Finishing is an issue, but his pressing would go a long way and it’s not as though he hasn’t scored his fair share of goals. His wages aren’t crazy and Liverpool probably wouldn’t ask over the moon for him.

Victor Gyokeres was the other. Would love to see him on the receiving end of some of those attacks we saw yesterday. Sporting want too much, but that would like be offset by his wages to some degree.

Of course that’s all just looking ahead to next Summer. Younger players coming through too and who knows, maybe Roque will surprise us. Would have at least liked to see him get a shot under Flick.
I hope he's gone next summer. Not gonna lie.

Well Haaland would be a pipe dream, will not even mention him 😁

I don't want Núñez here, I think he would get eaten alive with his finishing.

Gyokeres was one of the names I thought about. I think he could be a great fit.
Another one I thought could be Osimhen.

Last one would be Sesko, but I like the other two more

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Do a pep and turn Lamine into a 9?

Short of that keep looking for young prospects, in La masia or other lower leagues until you strike oil. I beg them to steer clear of the big money purchases. The roque move was the right idea although still pricey

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Yeah, Haaland is a pipe dream, but stranger things have happened.

Thing with Nunez is that while the finishing would be a concern there are a few other things that he brings to the table. He’s got an incredible work rate which Flick would love and he’d greatly enhance our pressing. Stats also indicate he’d likely be more of a creator than the other guys. Back to the finishing though, sometimes a change of scenery can help and he’’s not been a regular starter for Liverpool. Also, I think he’s already used to scrutiny at this point

As for Osimhen, I figured you mention him. Former me the fact that he’s at Galatasaray says a lot. Too much nonsense surrounding him. How much of that you can put on him is debatable, but he should have landed somewhere else. That said, I think he’s a reliable goalscorer.

Yeah, Sesko is another one I thought you’d mention. I think he’s definitely worth consideration, but would prefer to see him another season which of course we’ll have to do with all of these guys.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Sevilla is spending 110M€.
They are going to have to sell most of their big players to increase that number for next season.

I'd guess some of Juanlu, Pedrosa, Bade, Gudelj, Sow, Lukebakio, Ejuke, Isaac Romero will be gone if they want to fix this

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Matters not much that you have a bigger cap if you can't use it because you're not in 1:1 rule. So they better get to it for next season

wait explain that?

Sevilla is spending 110M€.
They are going to have to sell most of their big players to increase that number for next season.

I'd guess some of Juanlu, Pedrosa, Bade, Gudelj, Sow, Lukebakio, Ejuke, Isaac Romero will be gone if they want to fix this
Poor Sevilla what a shame.

Unrelated but I see our good friend Roque not started for Betis. That’s not a promising start

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Matters not much that you have a bigger cap if you can't use it because you're not in 1:1 rule. So they better get to it for next season

Matters a whole helluva lot in a number of ways including if you’re bringing in players on a Bosman or looking to register everyone. That said, yes, we want to get to the 1:1 rule. Still, more important than that is you can see how much we don’t need to spend all that money on wages. We’re looking good with a lot of major injuries and yet we’ve reduced the wage bill again and are nowhere near the new limit. Madrid aren’t either in their defense. So that leaves extra money if you don’t go crazy on transfer fees, which leaves money left to… pay down the debt. And this is with dead wood we can still offload.

Back to my original post, it says “with” a new kit deal and it should read “without” a new kit deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad