La Liga 24/25 thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Watching Mbappe's form, you've got to wonder if Barcola starting instead of Mbappe could have put that french team in the Euro final.
Do you think he wants to play as a #9 for a prolonged period of time?

I don't know, I feel like Real Madrid hatewatchers could be in for a treat if he keeps struggling and starts to argue with Vini for that left wing position.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Im no expert but to me it does seem like the teams weve played this year have done a pretty damn good job at defending Mbappe.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

I don't know, I feel like Real Madrid hatewatchers could be in for a treat if he keeps struggling and starts to argue with Vini for that left wing position.
The hatewatch is on. At some point the quality will rise you’d imagine but it’s always fun watching Madrid struggle.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

He hates playing 9. And is bad at it. He's tremendous from the left side but doesn't want to defend which is a tactital nighmare.
At this point he needs to evolve.

This is ridiculous
Is it? Barcola is on fire, was absolutely great when he came on at the Euro, while Mbappe sucked throughout the tournament (and before and after).

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
He hates playing 9. And is bad at it. He's tremendous from the left side but doesn't want to defend which is a tactital nighmare.

Is it? Barcola is on fire, was absolutely great when he came on at the Euro, while Mbappe sucked throughout the tournament (and before and after).
Mbappe was bad at the Euros, but the lack of transition from the midfield was the biggest problem. Grizz was also completely toasted.

I do not think swiping Mbappe and Barcola achieves anything.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Both Mbappé and Vini are trying to do too much.

Rodrygo does not offer width on the right and keeps going center. Midfield is not creating a lot.

A lot of bad passes in the last third.

No one is in sync.
What do you mean by when you say width? Like sideline to sideline passes or someone on the right (Rodrygo) passing it all the way over to Vini?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mbappe was bad at the Euros, but the lack of transition from the midfield was the biggest problem. Grizz was also completely toasted.

I do not think swipping Mbappe and Barcola achieves anything.
Well Barcola sure didn't suffer from the lack of creativity when he came on and created more danger in 10 minutes than Mbappe in 6 games.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That's what I figured. I've never liked him there but don't watch enough PSG to know for sure.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Not sure I can add much to what’s already been said. Excellent performance. Home match, assuming those count these days, and against Valladolid, but still. As someone else said, we could have hit double digit goals and really should have.

—Raphinha Man of the Match for me. Took a couple of his goals really well. What I really loved was after the goal early in the second half, at the restart he sprinted straight to their GK who had to hoof it up the park and thus turn it over. As I’ve said, I didn’t think he’d be this good on the left, but he’s just excelled out there. I’d still go after Nico, but that whole saga is rather forgettable at this point.
—Lamine just looks better and better. What is this kid’s ceiling? Is this it? If it’s not, look out.
—Lewandowski is much better now that he’s got support up top. Really nice assist today. Like I’ve been saying, I think his goal tally will be better this season. That said, I keep thinking about a couple of strikers who might be available next Summer and how they would slot into this offense.
—2 matches in and Olmo has 2 goals. To go with that though, 3 posts/crossbars. He has immediately slotted in. How many signings can we say that for? He just adds that element of danger and support to the front three which opens up space for Lewandowski and Co and gives the midfielders more passing options.
—I thought Pedri was really good again even though he didn’t show up with a goal contribution.
—Cubarsi looked really good again. As good as that assist was, there was another of what is almost his signature challenges that got me off my feet.
—Shout out to Balde who I thought played well. Very key in this side. Curious if we still had Aznou at the club or if Valle didn’t go out on loan how they’d do. Hopefully he stays healthy.
—Ferran getting a goal was great to see as he’ll have to provide cover as the season goes on.
—Crazy when you think of the players who are out injured. Other side of that coin, think of the players who don’t play when they return and the players who already aren’t playing. Curious to see what happens in the January window.

Finally, have to give credit to the man who makes all of the above possible. Hans Dieter. Flick has really done a job so far. Comes in to a massive club after some time off and after the club is coming off a bad season. Gets very little by way of the transfer market, without multiple key players due to injury and a brand new league. Yet he doesn’t complain, gets to work and hits the ground running. And what is he doing after the match? Has his arm around Hector Fort who never got subbed on.
Great post. I also believe we need to think about life without Lewa. Which forwards did you think of? I also have a couple ideas but want to hear yours

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad