La Liga 24/25 thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I thought the second yellow was clearer than the first, as it was intentional. The first one was an ugly tackle but that he only made because he slipped.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Not sure what ball is better Yamal or Cubarsi. Defenders shouldn’t be able to make passes like that. Then again 17 year olds shouldn’t be able to either.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Haha just saw Ancelotti say Mbappe and Vini had to decide together who'd shoot the penalties! :D
Hilarious!
He did decide that Mbappe's awful FK record was enough to name him the FK kicker though!

• Haha
Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Probably, Raphinha has had an amazing start to the season. Olmo has also fitted in like a glove.

Barca could have scored a dozen today.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Not sure I can add much to what’s already been said. Excellent performance. Home match, assuming those count these days, and against Valladolid, but still. As someone else said, we could have hit double digit goals and really should have.

—Raphinha Man of the Match for me. Took a couple of his goals really well. What I really loved was after the goal early in the second half, at the restart he sprinted straight to their GK who had to hoof it up the park and thus turn it over. As I’ve said, I didn’t think he’d be this good on the left, but he’s just excelled out there. I’d still go after Nico, but that whole saga is rather forgettable at this point.
—Lamine just looks better and better. What is this kid’s ceiling? Is this it? If it’s not, look out.
—Lewandowski is much better now that he’s got support up top. Really nice assist today. Like I’ve been saying, I think his goal tally will be better this season. That said, I keep thinking about a couple of strikers who might be available next Summer and how they would slot into this offense.
—2 matches in and Olmo has 2 goals. To go with that though, 3 posts/crossbars. He has immediately slotted in. How many signings can we say that for? He just adds that element of danger and support to the front three which opens up space for Lewandowski and Co and gives the midfielders more passing options.
—I thought Pedri was really good again even though he didn’t show up with a goal contribution.
—Cubarsi looked really good again. As good as that assist was, there was another of what is almost his signature challenges that got me off my feet.
—Shout out to Balde who I thought played well. Very key in this side. Curious if we still had Aznou at the club or if Valle didn’t go out on loan how they’d do. Hopefully he stays healthy.
—Ferran getting a goal was great to see as he’ll have to provide cover as the season goes on.
—Crazy when you think of the players who are out injured. Other side of that coin, think of the players who don’t play when they return and the players who already aren’t playing. Curious to see what happens in the January window.

Finally, have to give credit to the man who makes all of the above possible. Hans Dieter. Flick has really done a job so far. Comes in to a massive club after some time off and after the club is coming off a bad season. Gets very little by way of the transfer market, without multiple key players due to injury and a brand new league. Yet he doesn’t complain, gets to work and hits the ground running. And what is he doing after the match? Has his arm around Hector Fort who never got subbed on.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Looks like a penalty to me on Sevilla

They and Valencia are having awful starts to the season.

Despite them seemingly going to lose Sevilla were pretty decent. Especially early on. Heavily reliant on Barco to create though. Hope @les Habs was watching.

Last edited:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Not going too far out on a limb here, but I expect Madrid to win comfortably enough today and Mbappe to get on the scoresheet.
I don't see Betis parking the bus and on the counter Real are lethal, as Atalanta found out. Let's see if their defense holds up though, they haven't been very good in that aspect either against Las Palmas.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Looks like a penalty to me on Sevilla

They and Valencia are having awful starts to the season.

Despite them seemingly going to lose Sevilla were pretty decent. Especially early on. Heavily reliant on Barco to create though. Hope @les Habs was watching.

I’ll have to check it out later. Sevilla still seem a ways off a side that would win the Europa League again, but then their league form doesn’t always match their form in that competition.

Even less a surprise with Valencia. I’m actually surprised they were able to get a point off of Villarreal, but then a lot goes out the window in those sorts of matches.

I don't see Betis parking the bus and on the counter Real are lethal, as Atalanta found out. Let's see if their defense holds up though, they haven't been very good in that aspect either against Las Palmas.

That’s why I said “comfortably enough”. Just too much quality in that team and I don’t trust their defense. I still think Betis could do better than Pellegrini.

We won’t beat Betis tbh

Counter-jinx eh? We’ll see if it works.

Reactions: Power Man

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Ya, when they get rolling, they’ll be virtually unstoppable.

Bold prediction, I know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad