La Liga 24/25 thread

erikhamren

DWDWw
May 7, 2021
Sweden
Oh, it is likely time for him to go aftet this year, I agree, but he is not the main person responsible for today or for why we are most than likelu are going trophyless.

Perez got hyper focused on Mbappé and then got arrogant about Yoro and NOW is waiting for Trent and Davies because he decided he would get everyone as free agents.
yea yea true. I think Real played alright but Mbappe needs to score those chances

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Real got caught offside 12 times tonight, which is absolutely ridiculous, and is the kind of statistic that should get the forwards getting bag runs after the game.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
How many of those were Mbappe?
That last one was ridiculous because he could literally see both Barça defenders in front of him yet he still managed to be offside
The last one I fault him the least because the pass should have come WAY before.

• Wow
Reactions: luiginb

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Sadly won't get to see the match for another 4 hours or more, but looking forward to it.

Anyway, nice to see something like 5 pages for today's match. La Liga should get a lot more attention around these parts.

They will score with those.
Except the two strikers feel like they need to be right on the D line even though they're MUCH faster than the defensemen. THIS is stupid. Mbappe and Vini will easily outrun the Barca defensemen. So stay inside by one meter.

Been saying this for probably nearly two months now. Cubarsi and Martinez have played well, but just ripe for the picking as they're too slow.

I know it usually goes by seniority and doesn't really matter much but a Vasquez-Raphina captaincy for an El Clasico has to be all time bad.

It may end up working out, but Barca is playing an insanely dangerous game with these offside traps

Actually Raphinha has been quite the captain in this recent moment. Even his teammates are taking notice. To be fair, never would have guessed.

Lucky to be even, Real outplaying us. Can't believe our high defensive line has been working so far because the only thing I don't like about Cubarsi and Martinez is that they are slow for modern center backs.

Yep. Interesting to see what happens when Araujo is back.

Title race over in October. Pathetic.

Good first half was for nothing.

It's not. Madrid will definitely have to improve, but plenty of time for that.

Barca has been playing the high line all year, Mbappé should have been ready for it. He got good service today, but his runs were badly timed... and when they weren't he choked.

The question becomes is it Mbappe's fault or that of the management team? Probably both.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Sadly won't get to see the match for another 4 hours or more, but looking forward to it.

Anyway, nice to see something like 5 pages for today's match. La Liga should get a lot more attention around these parts.

Been saying this for probably nearly two months now. Cubarsi and Martinez have played well, but just ripe for the picking as they're too slow.

Actually Raphinha has been quite the captain in this recent moment. Even his teammates are taking notice. To be fair, never would have guessed.

Yep. Interesting to see what happens when Araujo is back.

It's not. Madrid will definitely have to improve, but plenty of time for that.

The question becomes is it Mbappe's fault or that of the management team? Probably both.
Most likely both, indeed. The strategy was clearly to go for long balls and have Mbappé and Vini use their speed. Worked in the first half, but they either missed their chances or Mbappé mistimed his runs. So I'd say it is mostly on him.

Barca adjusted and Madrid did not. That's on management.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I mean you all do know that Messi is going to win the Ballon, right?

Most likely both, indeed. The strategy was clearly to go for long balls and have Mbappé and Vini use their speed. Worked in the first half, but they either missed their chances or Mbappé mistimed his runs. So I'd say it is mostly on him.

Barca adjusted and Madrid did not. That's on management.

I'd say both too. Sounds as though the player should have been able to pick up on it. Interesting too as that was my one big fear heading into this match.

Something else I said at the start of the season, that Lewandowski would score notably more goals this season. Crazy to see he is on 14 goals in his first 11 matches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad