Speculation: LA Kings Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Gotta think that the only thing standing in the way of a Dewy and Lewy roomie reunion is Trevor Lewis, his wife, and their children already living together in their own house.
they do things a little different in utah sometimes, you never know

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Anybody know anything about Oster? Decent size, looks like he hit a rough patch until he was traded to Oshawa then picked it up again. Don't know anything about him.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
It would be weird that Doughty and her would be together while he was living with Lewis for a while until like 7 years ago. Anyone who thinks that drew has been seriously Involved with her since highschool is obviously out of touch. There’s facts, photos, and a bunch of rumors that talked about Doughty’s Sex-capades.

Anyone who thinks it’s sexist to assume that there’s predatory women out there when it’s become common place among high profile men, is delusional as well.

Get a grip.
Feel free to tag me next time. By all means though, continue on with your speculation of their relationship and detailing of "facts" about him being with other women and then, after that, suggest his wife might be predatory and then think calling that sexist is "delusional".

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Can we all stop with the Doughty wife talk...

We have the Rookie Tourney, the TV Deal (which is annoying as f to talk about also), the debut of PLD, Talbot, Englund, and potentially seeing a healthy Turcotte, Thomas. Much more exciting things than Doughty's divorce.
Amen!

Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Can we all stop with the Doughty wife talk...

We have the Rookie Tourney, the TV Deal (which is annoying as f to talk about also), the debut of PLD, Talbot, Englund, and potentially seeing a healthy Turcotte, Thomas. Much more exciting things than Doughty's divorce.
All this post was missing is....

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Is he a legit prospect or just a courtesy invite to fill out a roster? The size is enticing but he's 24 and never played higher than the ECHL. My instinct says courtesy invite...
He is a warm body to help ice a full roster for multiple games across different continents during the same timeframe.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Feel free to tag me next time. By all means though, continue on with your speculation of their relationship and detailing of "facts" about him being with other women and then, after that, suggest his wife might be predatory and then think calling that sexist is "delusional".
Just because you live under a rock and have zero clue what you’re talking about is a you problem. And yes there’s predatory women and predatory men. Since that is outside of your world view then you definitely are delusional and sexist. No I’m not gonna flood the thread with that content either so stop whining and give it a rest. Let the prospect talk continue.

Last edited:

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW

Using a model to predict for another model doesn't really work. Those sample sizes are way too low for that time frame to mean anything. Also, going back to 1990 means there is going to be variations in age of drafted players. Far too many variables involved. The AHL is also way different than it was 30 years ago. With the development of USA Hockey and players utilizing college more, it really skews the numbers.

Interesting analysis, but it looks more like an exercise of coming up with models to support a conclusion that was already made.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Using a model to predict for another model doesn't really work. Those sample sizes are way too low for that time frame to mean anything. Also, going back to 1990 means there is going to be variations in age of drafted players. Far too many variables involved. The AHL is also way different than it was 30 years ago. With the development of USA Hockey and players utilizing college more, it really skews the numbers.

Interesting analysis, but it looks more like an exercise of coming up with models to support a conclusion that was already made.
I don't have strong feelings on the analysis. There is some correlation though.

I posted it because some Kings prospects are mentioned.

It's not exactly a profound discovery to find that the more a player produces early on in the AHL means their more likely to have success than those who don't.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Production does matter, especially when it comes to forwards you used high picks on. That is why the "stat watching" stuff never made sense to me when it came to many of the Kings high picks who struggled offensively immediately upon entering the organization. I mean if you use a top-10 pick on a forward and the player just doesn't score at levels even close to where he should, it's not "stat watching" to point it out, it's a very big problem and should be discussed as one, because in the majority of cases the player does not recover to what the pre-draft expectation was. But often times fans and teams themselves defer to excuses as to why the production hasn't been there, even when it's not close to being there. This is why I think NHL teams should be more aggressive in looking to trade young players if there is any concern about the player not only failing to return the draft capital used on them but more importantly if they will reach whatever their current value is at the time. And in theory the team itself should be more onto flaws in the player than maybe the rest of the league is, as they aren't paying as much attention and may continue to defer to their pre-draft analysis, where the player was heavily scouted. This is why I would have traded Turcotte at either the 2020 or 2021 drafts, not only did the drafting of QB block a likely path for him in both the immediate and the long-term, the Kings were also going to be going in a different direction with the Danault signing, there was literally no room. Faber and Grans are the two notable young players who were actually moved. Faber had (other than Clarke) probably the most dominant D+1/D+2 seasons of any prospect taken by Blake and was the major piece in a trade for a fringe star winger, which as much love Faber was a good trade for what the Kings were trying to accomplish. And Grans was probably declining a bit and was part of the CP cap debacle, so harder to evaluate.

As far as Thomas, he has obviously battled injuries. He showed some offensive production last year in a small sample size, the tough thing for him, as discussed before is the competition from other similar players, guys who he will be fighting for those bottom line scraps. Laferriere, Turcotte, JAD. There are just so few spots for these guys. And a guy like Thomas is beginning to age out, he turns 24 in January, if you are 24 and not yet an NHL regular (never even played a game) the odds are pretty against you becoming one after that. This is why it's such an important camp for guys like him and JAD.

Obviously as you go further down the draft production doesn't matter as much as you are more likely to be looking for depth pieces or taking shots on flawed players. But at the top, yeah it matters, a lot.

Last edited:

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Hmm always got chill vibes from her, usually can tell the bitchy ones apart. Though Drew has mellowed out since becoming a dad. Sucks for the kids.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Imagine going all the way to Melbourne to play the f***ing yotes. This gonna be on nhl network only?
I feel bad for the people flying out potentially to Melbourne to watch the Kings play a nothing game lol. Especially against the Yotes. Think it’d be much more interesting for the Kings to have some exhibition matches against the Oilers/Flames/Knights. No one cares about the Coyotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad