Speculation: LA Kings Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
I guess we should expect a Norris caliber season out of Doughty now.
Please god, PLEASE GOD, don't let it come out that Drew is some sort of Wife beater or abuser or whatever! There was already the sketchy rape accusation, please let Drew just be a go lucky, dumb idiot who suffers misfortune around him.

I couldn't handle another year of Voynov drama, especially with an all timer like Drew....

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Please god, PLEASE GOD, don't let it come out that Drew is some sort of Wife beater or abuser or whatever! There was already the sketchy rape accusation, please let Drew just be a go lucky, dumb idiot who suffers misfortune around him.

I couldn't handle another year of Voynov drama, especially with an all timer like Drew....
That wasn't the first thing that came to mind when I read this. I was guessing it was more likely to be infidelity but who really knows.

I'm more concerned with his mental health going into the season. Who knows, maybe this was the best thing for him and he'll be more motivated than ever. We'll see soon enough.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Divorce is a great way to get a guys mind all types of f***ed up in about every single facet of his life, regardless of the reasons behind it.

It’s always sad to see, for everyone involved.

Reactions: Sol

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

what if he comes out as a Furry…

It’s no surprise that Drew isn’t lasting in a marriage. He always seemed like a massive man child who refused to mature. But it’s hard to know whether or not she was scheming too. Seems bad all around.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Cheating for sure. Didn’t Avery say basically 90 percent of his teammates cheated on their wives especially the ones who married their high school or college sweetheart.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Divorce with athlete wives are 99.99999% one of two causes:
1) dude cheating; or
2) gold digging wife put her time in and now wants to take her half and live big on her own.

even #2 probably has #1 apart of it as well.

Reactions: Sol

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Cheating for sure. Didn’t Avery say basically 90 percent of his teammates cheated on their wives especially the ones who married their high school or college sweetheart.

I don't understand why these guys decide to get married if that is how they are going to roll, especially when divorce can take such a big chunk of your money. I'm pretty sure infidelity doesn't void a prenup, so she will have to argue that it was signed in duress. It seems the law would be on his side, but I'd be pretty nervous if I were Drew, especially going before a CA judge.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I interned for a sports agency one year, and a certain top center at the time (now retired) was going through a messy divorce.

There was another former enforcer I met, who once arrived with his wife and kids. Later that night, he disappeared to a hotel with a girl he met at the bar.

It's amazing that Wayne Gretzky and Janet Jones have been together as long as they have been.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I interned for a sports agency one year, and a certain top center at the time (now retired) was going through a messy divorce.

There was another former enforcer I met, who once arrived with his wife and kids. Later that night, he disappeared to a hotel with a girl he met at the bar.

It's amazing that Wayne Gretzky and Janet Jones have been together as long as they have been.
Wow would love to know who the Enforcer was....

kingsholygrail

0-0-0 IT BEGINS!
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Divorce with athlete wives are 99.99999% one of two causes:
1) dude cheating; or
2) gold digging wife put her time in and now wants to take her half and live big on her own.

even #2 probably has #1 apart of it as well.
3) Wife Cheating

But she filed almost 5 years to the date. Classic California retirement plan. She will win her challenge of the prenup too. Those almost never actually hold up in court, especially when kids are involved.

And of course, I'm speculating. Who knows what the situation is. But it wouldn't surprise me given most marriages end in divorce anyway.

Last edited:

DoktorJeep

Fair winds and following seas Nikolai.
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Doughty just hit the hat trick for lost earnings. Escrow, taxes, and now alimony. Just brutal. At least he’s not paying agent fees on his deal. But his prenup is going to hit worse than that.

Good news here is he can afford it. He’s now free to get his dick wet throughout the South Bay with zero guilt. This has the makings of a Norris season, just like last year where EK bounced back after Burns was ejected.

Monday through Thursday, the sorority gals are up for grabs. Weekends you get the kids and can still afford a nanny and cook in order to catch naps. Doughty got married in August 2018. His best wedding gift came early, when Rob Blake inked him that July.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
3) Wife Cheating

But she filed almost 5 years to the date. Classic California retirement plan. She will win her challenge of the prenup too. Those almost never actually hold up in court, especially when kids are involved.

And of course, I'm speculating. Who knows what the situation is. But it wouldn't surprise me given most marriages end in divorce anyway.
I forgot who I was talking to, I have a high profile client who specializes in divorce settlements. She told me that there is a really big benefit sticking around for 5 years in California because it opens the door to some assets. I forgot what it was exactly but she was saying that 5 years is the term you want to hit if you want to grab money.

I’m not saying his Ex is doing it for that reason but the timing is definitely suspicious. And the way ex wives of athletes are nowadays there’s some really good money in it. It’s shitty but it gets you paid for putting up with a high profile athlete.

Full transparency though Doughty is definitely a douche as long as I’ve heard about him it seems.

Also, I have no idea why athletes even get married. What’s the benefit? It’s like you’re slathering yourself in so much honey that every mosquito around you would want a piece of you. It’s just too risky.

Reactions: Schrute farms

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Weird how the immediate reaction is to suggest she's a gold digger. Not shocked though.

According to the article they've been together since they were in 9th grade. Hell of a long con she's running. They also have three kids. Leave them be and stop the gossiping and sexism. It's a private matter.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Anyways - no one commented on the rookie camp roster...

1694646538321.png

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Doughty has looked kind of miserable for the past few years.

He's not the goofy happy go lucky guy he used to be.

The child support laws in California are kind of nuts. A family judge can also deem a prenub unenforceable if they see provisions of it as being unfair.

Good luck Drew.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Weird how the immediate reaction is to suggest she's a gold digger. Not shocked though.

According to the article they've been together since they were in 9th grade. Hell of a long con she's running. They also have three kids. Leave them be and stop the gossiping and sexism. It's a private matter.
Exactly. If you are speculating on this your comments make you look like the man child, douche, not Drew

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
It would be weird that Doughty and her would be together while he was living with Lewis for a while until like 7 years ago. Anyone who thinks that drew has been seriously Involved with her since highschool is obviously out of touch. There’s facts, photos, and a bunch of rumors that talked about Doughty’s Sex-capades.

Anyone who thinks it’s sexist to assume that there’s predatory women out there when it’s become common place among high profile men, is delusional as well.

Get a grip.

kingsholygrail

0-0-0 IT BEGINS!
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I forgot who I was talking to, I have a high profile client who specializes in divorce settlements. She told me that there is a really big benefit sticking around for 5 years in California because it opens the door to some assets. I forgot what it was exactly but she was saying that 5 years is the term you want to hit if you want to grab money.

I’m not saying his Ex is doing it for that reason but the timing is definitely suspicious. And the way ex wives of athletes are nowadays there’s some really good money in it. It’s shitty but it gets you paid for putting up with a high profile athlete.

Full transparency though Doughty is definitely a douche as long as I’ve heard about him it seems.

Also, I have no idea why athletes even get married. What’s the benefit? It’s like you’re slathering yourself in so much honey that every mosquito around you would want a piece of you. It’s just too risky.
I think 5 years is alimony. Because I thought it was 10 years for collecting on social security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad