Speculation: LA Kings Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Yotes fan coming with trade idea.

Jan Jenik reportedly wants a fresh start. He and Kaliyev dominated the OHL once upon a time. Still a promising prospect. Has good size and skill, positional versatility. His biggest differentiator is what a pain in the ass he is. World class pest.

AZ could use LD depth. I’m seeing LA has 7 D with one way deals. Plus Spence and Clarke. Feels like too much. Bjornfot is on a one-way and has lost waiver exemption, I believe. Is Bjornfot still in the long term plans? Or is it change of scenery time?

Jenik for Bjornfot?

No, King's don't have space for an extra forward that requires waivers to go to the AHL.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Yotes fan coming with trade idea.

Jan Jenik reportedly wants a fresh start. He and Kaliyev dominated the OHL once upon a time. Still a promising prospect. Has good size and skill, positional versatility. His biggest differentiator is what a pain in the ass he is. World class pest.

AZ could use LD depth. I’m seeing LA has 7 D with one way deals. Plus Spence and Clarke. Feels like too much. Bjornfot is on a one-way and has lost waiver exemption, I believe. Is Bjornfot still in the long term plans? Or is it change of scenery time?

Jenik for Bjornfot?

Value seems fine, but LA does not have space for Jenik. Especially since they are so capped out they cannot carry an appropriate amount of extra bodies.

Reactions: Lt Dan and kinghock

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Speaking of AZ, if Durzi gets 20 min a night & PP1 can he be in the race for the Norris?

Can't wait to hear how King's got fleece on Durzi when they think he's Chychrun 2.0.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Durzi is offensively talented yes but I think his biggest issue is that most offensive dman have decent mobility at least. He’s much more dangerous with the puck in a bad way than a good way. There’s still people on here that think Doughty is skilled offensively. He’s scored a few nice goals but the dude is such ass on the PP. I don’t care what the point totals say from all his secondary assists getting 1:30 time on a 2 min PP.

He’s shitty. No way around it.

Reactions: tbrown33

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
I think he's offensively talented, but I don't think the points he puts up will make up the defensive deficiencies.

I think he can get 50-60 points.
He is going to be everything that this board thought he could be with more minutes.

An absolute defensive dumpster fire who is good for 50 points with a healthy season.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Well, no, but you better be making huge contributions offensively, which 60 points isn't enough. Do you think he'll even be the top scoring defenseman in the NHL?
Given first PP time & 20 min Durzi can rack up points for & against.

Voting on NHL awards is a joke anyways. Do I think Durzi will be one of the best D in the league? Nope. If he gets the minutes, don't see why he won't get hyped.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Voting on NHL awards is a joke anyways. Do I think Durzi will be one of the best D in the league? Nope. If he gets the minutes, don't see why he won't get hyped.

He'll be the latest in a long line of completely overrated yotes who were underscouted and had people only looking at a statline

Yandle
OEL
Chychrun

Can't wait for next March's threads "Is Sean Durzi a true #1dman"

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

He's getting all this time in Arizona, though... whose top scorer had 86 points and the next one on the team had 58. And who in Arizona gets hyped?

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
I know its not Kings related but wanted to give prayers to all my Kings bros and sisters in So Cal with this possible hurricane heading your way in a few days. My mom will be also in its path living in the I.E area with predictions of 4 to 5 inches of rain. LA looking at about 3.3 inches. Be safe.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Jesus. Just start the season. I cannot remember a more boring offseason.

I can't believe it's already 8/19. Feels like the season starts in 5min.

From a Kings standpoint, whatever you'd like to say about what they're doing, it's been an active summer. 2 roster altering trades, kept a UFA, possibly opened a spot for Clarke, the goaltending could be ok or a disaster. How much more do you want?

Reactions: lumbergh

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
So if Byfield has another bad season are we going to say “he’s only 21 years old”
Depends on what ‘bad’ means as it’s incredibly subjective. Yes though he needs to take some meaningful steps and start to assert himself. However if he gets written off by anyone after 3 games expect the ‘he’s only 21’ line to appear.

Reactions: Schrute farms

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
So if Byfield has another bad season are we going to say “he’s only 21 years old”
Byfield needs to find his inner psycho.
I want him to hang out with Robert from.Red Dawn

red-dawn-14.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad