Speculation: LA Kings Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I think if it weren't for injuries and very bad teams he played on early in his career, Zach Bogosian probably ends up a much better player than what he ended up being.

He was on pace for 20 goals his rookie season. Had we drafted him I feel like he'd end up being a #2 guy most of his career. Probably a #4 at this stage of his career. Oh well. We got Doughty.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Lol I wanted Bogosian over Doughty. Win some, lose some.
So much luck involved :)

One of the big story lines of that draft was the 4 high end defensive prospects: Schenn, Doughty, Bogo, Pietrangelo.

I remember Lombardi speaking highly of all 4 and saying you'd do well to draft anyone of them.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
What an iconic duo this was.

los-angeles-kings-v-san-jose-sharks.jpg

bland

Jul 1, 2004
So much luck involved :)

One of the big story lines of that draft was the 4 high end defensive prospects: Schenn, Doughty, Bogo, Pietrangelo.

I remember Lombardi speaking highly of all 4 and saying you'd do well to draft anyone of them.
There are 7 Cups with those four dudes.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Nothing more worthless than the opinion of a stat junkie.
“Stat only” junkie…. It’s also a cherry picking of stats view. The opinion of someone that obviously never actually watched a game.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021

I really don’t understand how anyone with a pulse could watch a Kings game and infer that Drew isn’t head & shoulders better than any other defensemen on the Kings roster.

More often than not, he is the best defensemen on the ice for either team when he plays. Dude is criminally under rated and under appreciated due to his contract being 2-3M higher than it probably should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad