Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Crosby scored 102 points as a 19 year old during his rookie year.

Byfield will not become Crosby.
nor do i think it is fair to compare him to a generational talent

I think Fagemo is going to play at least depending on Vilardi's health. Spence feels like a longer shot to get some games in, but I feel like it'd be weird to call these guys up and not play them. Reign are off until Friday and the Kings have 2 games between now and then
I think Spence is most likely just a salary bonus call up. Would like to see him in but doubt it. Maybe he was also chosen because Reign are off for a bit here, good opportunity to be around the big club.

Reactions: BringTheReign

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
nor do i think it is fair to compare him to a generational talent

I think Spence is most likely just a salary bonus call up. Would like to see him in but doubt it. Maybe he was also chosen because Reign are off for a bit here, good opportunity to be around the big club.

I didn’t. The other poster did.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Strong "Vilardi Byfield and Kupari aren't ready for the playoffs so we're not going to play them in the NHL OR the AHL" vibes.

Man, you guys are getting jaded :laugh:. This is just a way to reward guys with some extra $$$, I'm sure neither of them will complain about getting 10x their salaries for a game or two.

Not every move needs to be for development purposes, some can also be made to make players feel appreciated or to raise their morale.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Man, you guys are getting jaded :laugh:. This is just a way to reward guys with some extra $$$, I'm sure neither of them will complain about getting 10x their salaries for a game or two.

Not every move needs to be for development purposes, some can also be made to make players feel appreciated or to raise their morale.

The Reign don't play till Friday anyway so it's not THAT big a deal really, just funny in the context that it's just a nonstop stream

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Why can't they do moves for dev purposes and raise morale?

Given the terrible defense lately, why not also reward one of the better prospect d-men with playing time?

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
The side effect of making 2 way deal players feel appreciated by doling out some NHL salary days, is that it counts against the cap and is less dollars accrued.

So if the Kings come up short at the TDL because they can’t fit an acquisition in for cap reasons, you can look back on the time Spence and Fagemo practiced for a couple days in December and wonder what could have been.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Strong "Vilardi Byfield and Kupari aren't ready for the playoffs so we're not going to play them in the NHL OR the AHL" vibes.

Its a ****ing joke.

Kempe has been the drizzling shits, Kopitar is a ghost of his previous form, Durzi and Walker have made terrible decisions leading directly to goals.

Zero presence along the walls or in the trenches, $11 million in unreliable goaltending, Edler's on his last legs' last leg, lunch money hanging out of their pockets to be bullied by the Little Sisters of the Poor, 37 puck moving RHDs, and Blake STILL won't make the right calls on the kids because the vets just might choke out another first round exit on the backs of Danault, Moore and Arvidsson.

Reactions: kinghock and tny760

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Clarke and Byfield will not reach their full potential playing in LA. Both are too skilled to play for this organization.

Edit: Mostly Clarke; Byfield flat out sucks.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Two huge mistakes are killing this team and the main reason it will not rise above .500 without GM movement.
1) Cal Petersen's contract. Jesus H. Christ Blake what were you thinking? Did Peterson's agent catch you while you were drunk? Petersen was unproven at the time of the deal and has only regressed since. Combined with Quick's age, this tandem is not carrying us to the playoffs.
2) The Kings have drafted exactly three (3) LHD in the first or second rounds of the draft since 2014ish. Bjornfot in Round 1. Kale Clague and Alex Lintuniemi in Round 2. That's it. Like the role has little to no value in the organization.
I am bored watching the team until these two errors are cleaned up. When you know a thing is going nowhere for the foreseeable future it tends to lose all fascination. I am beginning to look forward to the middle of the first round draft prospects coming up since thats where LA will end up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad