Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
And complaining about semantics is all we have, because you have no examples of collateral damage to talk about.

I don't know man, I'm just willing to see where it goes. Keep Blake, fire him, keep TM, fire him, draft this guy, trade this guy, bring this guy in, whatever, I'm willing to see where it goes. I'm not making excuses for Blake. I don't give a damn about Rob Blake. When I say things like trades are hard to make in a hard cap league, especially at certain times of the year, it's based on empirical evidence from around the league over many years, not because I care about Rob Blake, or whoever the GM of the Kings may be at any given time. Even DL, a legit GM, I believe the earliest in-season trade he made was getting Sturm(shockingly, a player he knew from his SJ days) in mid-Dec 2010. Everything else, Jan, Feb, Mar.

The Kings will do what they do. I don't agree with everything they've done, but I'm not going to endlessly rip them for what they do before it's shown to have not worked. I'd say we're still a ways away from that. I'll wait for Blake to pay the premium, before worrying about the premium that will have to be paid. Because I don't know what it'll be, or if there will even be one.
This is where you are getting it wrong, the damage isn't done to the kids by delaying their promotion, the damage is done to the organization. Blake has tried to win "now" for all but two years of his tenure and one of those was wasted by the Kovalchuk drama. Who sacrifices an entire season by going out and hiring a lame duck on purpose just to take the fall on convincing Kovalchuk to abort his deal here?

Every other year has seen an attempt at winning now by ham-fisted moves like Kovalchuk and Phaneuf and pursuing Pacioretty. The only reason the Kings made the playoffs last year was that Blake used the money gained by clearing out vets to buy another veteran 2nd line. That's fools gold, no real gain there.

The damage is done to the progress of the organization, which has been absolutely nothing since he took over. Same top center, same top defenseman, same top goalie - who weren't good enough to win back when Blake took over - and the only "hope" is to get in for another early exit due to a misaligned squad. They aren't any closer to winning that 2016.

Mediocrity is a plateau, its not a rung on a ladder to success. Mediocrity is ALL that Blake can offer. Its been too long, his vision is now clearly failed and the sooner he is replaced the better.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Blake has no clue what he’s doing. Too busy pretending to play 4D underwater backgammon by penny pinching ELC years.

Horrible, passive, play-not-to-lose GMing. This team will win nothing under the the fool’s gold trifecta of Bluc and TMac.

No chess, he's just playing with himself.

That's all that has happened here since he got the job. Rearranged some of the coffee tables and place mats, while the couch has holes in it, the recliner has springs sticking out and the lamps have burned out.

Oh, but the stuff in storage is sweeeeeeeet....

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
This is where you are getting it wrong, the damage isn't done to the kids by delaying their promotion, the damage is done to the organization. Blake has tried to win "now" for all but two years of his tenure and one of those was wasted by the Kovalchuk drama. Who sacrifices an entire season by going out and hiring a lame duck on purpose just to take the fall on convincing Kovalchuk to abort his deal here?

Every other year has seen an attempt at winning now by ham-fisted moves like Kovalchuk and Phaneuf and pursuing Pacioretty. The only reason the Kings made the playoffs last year was that Blake used the money gained by clearing out vets to buy another veteran 2nd line. That's fools gold, no real gain there.

The damage is done to the progress of the organization, which has been absolutely nothing since he took over. Same top center, same top defenseman, same top goalie - who weren't good enough to win back when Blake took over - and the only "hope" is to get in for another early exit due to a misaligned squad. They aren't any closer to winning that 2016.

Mediocrity is a plateau, its not a rung on a ladder to success. Mediocrity is ALL that Blake can offer. Its been too long, his vision is now clearly failed and the sooner he is replaced the better.

If it's not damaging the kids yet, then it's not damaging the organization yet.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Anyone know what the Vilardi injury is? I hope it’s not his back again?

Any idea how long he’s out for?
they're just saying upper body. I forget what happened in San Jose but remember him leaving a shift early and sat at the end of the bench looking like he got his bell rung.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
If it's not damaging the kids yet, then it's not damaging the organization yet.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Remedial understanding at best. Good luck with that, its pointless to waste time with your responses.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal
they're just saying upper body. I forget what happened in San Jose but remember him leaving a shift early and sat at the end of the bench looking like he got his bell rung.

I saw this too...didnt think he got his bell rung but did look like he was holding his back- not good with his history.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Not sure if this has been posted already, but Marek and Friedman reported that there is a scheduled call this week between the Kings brass and Hockey Canada regarding Clarke's role on the World Juniors team. It's been mentioned on 32 Thoughts and Marek's radio show twice now.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Not sure if this has been posted already, but Marek and Friedman reported that there is a scheduled call this week between the Kings brass and Hockey Canada regarding Clarke's role on the World Juniors team. It's been mentioned on 32 Thoughts and Marek's radio show twice now.
I think he will be loaned and why wouldn't he be

Reactions: BringTheReign

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Remedial understanding at best. Good luck with that, its pointless to waste time with your responses.

Well, you think Kopitar would've or could've been traded by an actual real life NHL team before re-signing, so, good luck yelling at clouds.

• Haha
Reactions: kings11

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
I think he will be loaned and why wouldn't he be
Because he would glean a whole hell of a lot more from decent NHL minutes, than any junior tournament.

Skill development in a minor league scenario isn’t what the guy needs, he needs reps against professional hockey players.

Reactions: cyclones22

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Because he would glean a whole hell of a lot more from decent NHL minutes, than any junior tournament.

Skill development in a minor league scenario isn’t what the guy needs, he needs reps against professional hockey players.
This is not just the OHL, this is the cream of his age group all in one tournament, and he would be getting big time minutes. I am not sure if he would get the reps in the NHL anyway, so why not.

Well, you think Kopitar would've or could've been traded by an actual real life NHL team before re-signing, so, good luck yelling at clouds.
I hate those sly bastards. Thinking they can shape shift to look like whatever the hell they want, and don't get me started on blocking out the sun. If I want shade I will get a hat!

Reactions: yankeeking

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
What's going to happen is Canada will call him into camp, Clarke will look at one of the coaches funny and cut him from the roster wasting his and our time. I'm not at all interested in him joining Team Canada, he doesn't need that. He's shown in his little conditioning stint he can hang at the professional level, they had their chance to bring him in

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Given Todds recent quotes about getting Clarke back eventually my suspicion is that the plan will be to let him go to the WJC to play big minutes. Then he comes back into the NHL lineup and stays there, rather than chopping and changing things. That way they will be able to keep him under 50 games (I think it’s 50) and not give up an unrestricted free agency year.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

All this will work out when Kopitar and Doughty's contracts are converted to CBDC.

I have no idea what that BS will actually do to all of us, but it sounds good since it is supposed to be a "great reset"!

I know we should be converting these worthless assets to gold and silver, but I am not sure how we turn some of these guys into fractional gold.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Though we're now projected to finish with the 9th most points in the West, it's kinda funny that we're still 6th in the conference by points percentage.

Given Todds recent quotes about getting Clarke back eventually my suspicion is that the plan will be to let him go to the WJC to play big minutes. Then he comes back into the NHL lineup and stays there, rather than chopping and changing things. That way they will be able to keep him under 50 games (I think it’s 50) and not give up an unrestricted free agency year.
That's a good catch. I didn't know about the 50 game rule, so thanks for that too. It also gives Blake more time to deal a defenseman off the roster to make a spot.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

No, that is 40 games...and its when you are on the roster, doesn't matter played in etc.

Cianide

Under New Management
Jun 11, 2022
When have I advocated for trading them? I go out of my way every time I criticize his development to point out that he’s worth more to the Kings than any other franchise and we may as well ride him out to the bitter end.

The jury is very much out on Byfield. He could break out and become Kopitar Jr. Or he can peak at Jordan Staal. He’s had an uneven development path with a lot of injuries and mismanagement, so it’s hard to determine what we have with him.
Or he could become Sidney Crosby. Who knows his ceiling. My guess with how the Kings bring their players up, he'll be an ok top center.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

Doubt they play but interesting nonetheless.

Giving salary reward?

I think Fagemo is going to play at least depending on Vilardi's health. Spence feels like a longer shot to get some games in, but I feel like it'd be weird to call these guys up and not play them. Reign are off until Friday and the Kings have 2 games between now and then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad