Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
lmao It's not even going to make it to a year.
Bahaha. This one was so predictable. And now with the FTX blowup, everyone is scared they will lose their crypto holdings and will start gutting their accounts. The FDIC will not be there to bail you out. Regulation? Maybe a good thing?

This is exactly what I was pointing out the other day.

If the arena naming deal goes kaput in a year, it’s bad for AEG.

One, getting another sponsor to pay $700M is almost impossible. The Miami deal was for just under $200M.

Two, AEG has already spent and supposedly committed a nine-figure investment in arena upgrades which were planned to complete in 2024.

Three, 2024 is when the Clippers leave to their new arena.

Crowds are weak even after all the pandemic rules are gone and people are not flocking to LA Live because of the homeless shit show in DTLA.

Dan No-neckerman is going to have to lick the ground behind Taylor Swifts feet and beg her to take the naming rights for $150M. I’m sure he can offer to relocate Luc’s statute and put one up for Taylor to make up for the banner fiasco.
They definitely won't get that kind of $$$, but i'm sure they will come up with something. The economy really isn't doing that bad right now all things considered.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Okay I was thinking maybe a three way trade between Jets, Kings, and Sens?

Jets give up Dillon
Kings give up a good RHD.
Sens give up a forward.

Jets receive a forward.
Kings receive Dillon.
Sens receives the RHD.

Just curious what RHD the Kings would be willing to give up for Dillon?
Makes sense to me. I'd trade Durzi for Dillon. I don't think Walker has much value. If there's some cap relief built into the trade, then I would offer an additional asset, say a mid round pick or a mid level prospect. The Kings aren't that far from the cap, so they can't take on a $3.9 million contract without some other shenanigans. Dillon is signed until 2024.

Come to think of it, if the Kings get Dillon for Durzi and say Madden or JAD, it would be almost exactly like the Durzi & Grundstrom trade for Muzzin minus the first round pick. I like it.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Makes sense to me. I'd trade Durzi for Dillon. I don't think Walker has much value. If there's some cap relief built into the trade, then I would offer an additional asset, say a mid round pick or a mid level prospect. The Kings aren't that far from the cap, so they can't take on a $3.9 million contract without some other shenanigans. Dillon is signed until 2024.

Come to think of it, if the Kings get Dillon for Durzi and say Madden or JAD, it would be almost exactly like the Durzi & Grundstrom trade for Muzzin minus the first round pick. I like it.
Dillon is too old for my taste.

If he was 2 years younger…

P.S. Ottawa does need to be involved in this trade at all.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
How long until Blake trades Walker for a 4th? Just got that feeling a disappointing Walker trade comes soon.
You say disappointing but what’s he worth?

The most valuable part of a Walker trade will definitely be the cap space and the roster spot. If he gets anything above a top 80 pick then Blake immediately drops into the GM of the year conversation. His greatest value would be as a sweetener as part of a bigger trade.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Doesn't really work for the King's.
Doughty, Spence, Clarke are a nope.
Walker probably not enough value
Durzi, need a puck mover until others are ready.
Roy, Dillon would be a lateral swap at best where King's get older.

King's probably look to move Walker, but need to free up cap & his value isn't great right now.

I bolded the attached as I do not agree. I think Spence is ready.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021

Dillon, Roy pair seems like it may have issues moving the puck. Edler is on the team so one of Edler or Dillon is going to get paired with Roy if Durzi is moved.
I bolded the attached as I do not agree. I think Spence is ready.
Swapping Durzi for another D doesn't open a spot for Spence. I worry about dropping one of the better puck movers without a plan to bring up Clarke or Spence.

Mikey, Doughty
Dillon, Roy
Edler, Walker

That's about zero transition.

Reactions: YAYSAY

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Dillon, Roy pair seems like it may have issues moving the puck. Edler is on the team so one of Edler or Dillon is going to get paired with Roy if Durzi is moved.

Swapping Durzi for another D doesn't open a spot for Spence. I worry about dropping one of the better puck movers without a plan to bring up Clarke or Spence.

Mikey, Doughty
Dillon, Roy
Edler, Walker

That's about zero transition.
that's a fair point, but I think the fact Durzi can move the puck does not make him not available.
Edlder and Walker can rotate in and out to make room for Spence.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
On one hand, I appreciate Rob Blake's patience

On the other...he's got a tough choice to make before this season goes down the shitter because teams aren't going to be nicer to him when the issue becomes clearer and clearer

Was that DL that said teams are more likely to throw you an anchor than a lifering when you're struggling? YOu'd better believe the price on a schlub like Chychrun just went thru the roof.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Why is anyone talking about a defenseman who has played in every game for what is currently the 4th best team in the league?

Good player. Any deal would have to include cap relief. He has an enormous deal, so I don't see how it works out with the Kings. Not sure why the Senators coughed up that contract.

Because he was a soon to be 23 year old who scored 14g and 55pts the year before he signed the contract.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Kempe is streaky, it would be a big risk to trade him at his current deal. He's also a fantastic PK'er. There are zero reasons to trade an offensive player right now anyways because even if the first line isn't pouring it in right now they are a threat and cause matchup problems. The primary reason this team can score this year is because they aren't a two-line team, going back to that should be avoided at all costs.

Besides, we can get a hell of a LD without trading Kempe.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
They have a 23 and 21 year old as 2 of their top 3 goal scorers. And they're this close to having a 23 and 21 year old as, for all intents and purposes, 2 of their top 3 ppg players. Good job players, good job Todd, good job Rob.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
2 wasted years, i would think about the burned elc years but I am starting to see how Blake burns elc's , limits playing time, then resigns on 2nd contract for much cheaper than it would have been if the players were given more toi to have breakthroughs.

If Blake is consciously doing this, he’s f***ing stupid.

Reactions: AbsentMojo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad