Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
This is the best shit ever and really epitomizes the clown-show that is this message board A LOT of the time. You are comparing a guy who has played 435 NHL games to a prospect who has played 0. Well done, sir.
The tasteless one is really a one-man clown show. But I concur.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The dynamic between the USA/West and Russia is really bizarre nowadays considering certain geopolitical events.

It's a weird situation being a Russain hockey player drafted by an NHL team

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The dynamic between the USA/West and Russia is really bizarre nowadays considering certain geopolitical events.

It's a weird situation being a Russain hockey player drafted by an NHL team

Not that weird. It was like that for 45-50 years.

Columbus is near dead last in the league. And now Werenski is out for the season.

I assume they'll be sellers.

What about GAVRIKOV? LHD, 26yo, 6'3" 215lbs. Good underlying metrics. Pending UFA.

Sure, just much closer to the deadline.

Noonan61

Aug 16, 2011
LA
Columbus is near dead last in the league. And now Werenski is out for the season.

I assume they'll be sellers.

What about GAVRIKOV? LHD, 26yo, 6'3" 215lbs. Good underlying metrics. Pending UFA.
I think he is a great fit, will come cheaper than Chychrun. Tough dude, minutes eater, who is also durable. UFA so will need a new contract and a raise, but don't think it would be anything earth shattering (5-5.5). Think his steady game would work well with a young Clarke.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Moves in advance of the trip.

All of which makes sense.

Just have to hope Brandt doesn't get targeted like the other kids...again :(

Lias makes sense as a bottom line grinder imo, let's hope he shows out!!

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I was just thinking the other day that I was sad for Lias because he is killing it in the NHL and is bottom 6 caliber in the NHL, but like so many in this organization, when you are flush with prospects like this they get lost in the logjam. One of the harsh realities of building a team like this is you will have kids that dedicate their whole lives to this and get swept away for things out of their control where maybe they would have succeeded had it been any place else... Glad that he will get a look. I am sure he will be hungry.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I was just thinking the other day that I was sad for Lias because he is killing it in the NHL and is bottom 6 caliber in the NHL, but like so many in this organization, when you are flush with prospects like this they get lost in the logjam. One of the harsh realities of building a team like this is you will have kids that dedicate their whole lives to this and get swept away for things out of their control where maybe they would have succeeded had it been any place else... Glad that he will get a look. I am sure he will be hungry.

Similarly, I'd love to see Moverare get a game or two

Reactions: Choralone and Telos

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Similarly, I'd love to see Moverare get a game or two
Definitely. Spence needs his spot too. Low key hoping that Madden and Thomas get a few games as well as it is starting to get up there for them. Hopefully, if we don't utilize some of these kids, Blake finds some trades to send them somewhere they get a better shot.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Every time this team is trying to hold a lead, it feels like it's on shaky ground.

Remember when TM was coach and the Kings had that ridiculous streak of never blowing a leader after 2 periods? It was like 40 games or something.

Maybe the NHL has just changed, but I really want to Blake shore up the D.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Right to the Kings at 32 baby :thumbu:

Wow LA with the absolute steal of the draft!

1668373741183.png

Matvei Michkov has signed the KHL's first 20-year contract

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

But he hasn't killed it at the NHL level, in 109 games, in 2 organizations. It'll be great if he does something with his next chance.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I'm fine with bringing up Lias for now, but we know what he brings to the table. At some point this year we have to get an extended look at Fagemo and Thomas. and obviously bring back Byfield eventually. I believe both need waivers next year and we need to see if they're NHL quality.

Reactions: ru4reals

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I'm fine with bringing up Lias for now, but we know what he brings to the table. At some point this year we have to get an extended look at Fagemo and Thomas. and obviously bring back Byfield eventually. I believe both need waivers next year and we need to see if they're NHL quality.

Fagemo and Thomas will get extended looks only if there are even more injuries. If Kupari keeps showing he's better today than Byfield in the role they have available, Byfield is staying in Ontario.

If Fagemo and Thomas do well enough in Ontario this year, they'll find a place for them on the roster next year. Just like Vilardi and JAD this year after last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad