Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Digital currency has value outside the top five economic powers. That beats local currency for around 5 billion humans.

So it’s not a Ponzi scheme. It’s just overvalued due to pure speculation. With exchanges (like crypto.com) also being traders (CRO), the market is built for grifters looking to take advantage of people hoping to get rich quick. It would be like the NASDAQ, if they had in house brokers.

The question is did AEG fall victim to grifters.
Half the country fell victim to one so ya never know. AEG must've done his research in this deal, Uncle Phil doesn't seem to be the kind to do risky partnerships. Still, if he only makes a million a year to have someone put their name there, he'll do ok over 20 years.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Half the country fell victim to one so ya never know. AEG must've done his research in this deal, Uncle Phil doesn't seem to be the kind to do risky partnerships. Still, if he only makes a million a year to have someone put their name there, he'll do ok over 20 years.
I don't see what the risk would be.

Crypto.com sends AEG money, AEG throws their name on the arena. Crypto.com can't pay the money anymore, AEG removes their name and sells the naming rights to someone else.

I don't think AEG really gives shit who the sponsor is. They'd sell the naming rights to Putin if he was the highest bidder.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
No offer.. He's 8m thru 27/28 .. we cant have 19M dedicated to the top pairing for 5 more years.
We should run Doughty, E. Karlsson 1st pair instead!!!

How long until Blake trades Walker for a 4th? Just got that feeling a disappointing Walker trade comes soon.

Vile Heinola is getting impatient with the log jam on WPG LD. He was selected a few spots in front of Björnfot so it's likely the King's scouted him. Doesn't seem NHL ready. Just an interesting name that might catch Blake's eye.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
No thanks, our issue are lack of LHD and future goalie.

We have our future goalie in Peterson. The guy has a GAA over 4 and a SV % of .867 and is STILL 2 games over .500. Imagine all the villages that will burn when he really finds his game... :sarcasm:

kingsholygrail

0-0-0 IT BEGINS!
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Okay I was thinking maybe a three way trade between Jets, Kings, and Sens?

Jets give up Dillon
Kings give up a good RHD.
Sens give up a forward.

Jets receive a forward.
Kings receive Dillon.
Sens receives the RHD.

Just curious what RHD the Kings would be willing to give up for Dillon?

Reactions: YP44

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
A bit off topic, except that it concerns the arena sponsor:

This is exactly what I was pointing out the other day.

If the arena naming deal goes kaput in a year, it’s bad for AEG.

One, getting another sponsor to pay $700M is almost impossible. The Miami deal was for just under $200M.

Two, AEG has already spent and supposedly committed a nine-figure investment in arena upgrades which were planned to complete in 2024.

Three, 2024 is when the Clippers leave to their new arena.

Crowds are weak even after all the pandemic rules are gone and people are not flocking to LA Live because of the homeless shit show in DTLA.

Dan No-neckerman is going to have to lick the ground behind Taylor Swifts feet and beg her to take the naming rights for $150M. I’m sure he can offer to relocate Luc’s statute and put one up for Taylor to make up for the banner fiasco.

Reactions: kilowatt

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021

Jets give up Dillon
Sens give up a forward.

Jets receive a forward.
Kings receive Dillon.
Sens receives the RHD.

Doesn't really work for the King's.
Doughty, Spence, Clarke are a nope.
Walker probably not enough value
Durzi, need a puck mover until others are ready.
Roy, Dillon would be a lateral swap at best where King's get older.

King's probably look to move Walker, but need to free up cap & his value isn't great right now.

Reactions: kinghock

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
No - goalie or LD would spark a discussion.. we have enough scoring wingers signed and in the pipe
I think Kings will like Boucher, Kleven and Merilainen from Ottawa.

Physical forward, physical LD and very good goaltending prospect.

Ottawa expensive forwards are not needed in LA.

No thanks, our issue are lack of LHD and future goalie.
Also, physical forward like Tyler Boucher…

Reactions: Schrute farms

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Doesn't really work for the King's.
Doughty, Spence, Clarke are a nope.
Walker probably not enough value
Durzi, need a puck mover until others are ready.
Roy, Dillon would be a lateral swap at best where King's get older.

King's probably look to move Walker, but need to free up cap & his value isn't great right now.

I'd honestly trade for Walker in offseason.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

Jets give up Dillon
Sens give up a forward.

Jets receive a forward.
Kings receive Dillon.
Sens receives the RHD.

The Jets are 4th in the league, without Connor scoring goals yet, and Ehlers on IR. Assuming Ehlers will be back at some point, what's the incentive for the Jets here?

I know the Sens aren't off to the best of starts, and might be feeling some pressure, but teams don't really trade themselves out of a slump anymore.

For the Kings, they haven't played Clarke in a while, and just sent him down for some conditioning games. I don't think they're in any hurry to trade a RHD just because they have a bunch, despite the many calls for it to happen. If they were, it would've happened in July. And while not as good as Wpg, the Kings haven't started this season terribly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad