Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
You should like go crazy and tell us something you liked about the Kings.
I appreciate the fact that the Kings go out of their way to hire someone like you to close their eyes to all things critical of the team lmaooo

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
I appreciate the fact that the Kings go out of their way to hire someone like you to close their eyes to all things critical of the team lmaooo
That's an extreme exaggeration, but that's what you do so it's cool. The Kings have basically played like dogshit for the first 7 games -- last night was the first resemblance of what they were doing last year and it was great to see. (even if it was for only the 2nd half of the game) -- hopefully this ignites some synergy and consistency going forward.

I hope you got the tickets for free, would be so sad to think that you'd spend all that money on something you find no happiness in.

Reactions: shuchukfan

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
That's an extreme exaggeration, but that's what you do so it's cool. The Kings have basically played like dogshit for the first 7 games -- last night was the first resemblance of what they were doing last year and it was great to see. (even if it was for only the 2nd half of the game) -- hopefully this ignites some synergy and consistency going forward.

I hope you got the tickets for free, would be so sad to think that you'd spend all that money on something you find no happiness in.
Lmaoooooooooooooooo what I find funny is that you were making fun of people for saying the kings were playing like shit and you finally come out to say they were in fact playing bad. Now that’s what I find funny. That you essentially come here to lie and rile people up when deep down agreed they were playing bad. So all of this blind aggressive positivity is just to irritate people? Mature bro.

Btw I bought tickets for next month. :)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Scores 46. That's goals my man. I know you knew that thought. Because we're talking Kempe, and his big stat last year were the goals he scored. If he gets 50, and the only pts he gets are the 50g he scores, he's still a 50g scorer, even if he's just a 50pt player.
46 goals? So you're accusing me of cherrypicking stats to make a bad argument then offer a hypothetical where he puts up 46 goals in 30 games?

Let's talk about Kempe putting up 40 goals over a season before 40 in 30. Prime Ovechkin put up 65 goals over 47 games, a 1.38 goal scoring rate. Your scenario would be a 1.53 goal scoring rate in the games he actually gets a goal.

So you want me to entertain a hypothetical in which Kempe only scores goals in 30 games but does it at a rate better than prime Ovechkin?

Last season, Kempe put up 35 goals in the 28 games he scored goals in. So, you think in nearly the same number of games he actually scored goals, he'll just slap another 11 in?

It's flattering you think I can read your mind, but please reread your hypotheticals before expecting people to understand.

If you think production is the only way to validate a player, then please feel free to ignore me. Production is one element. Kempe has put up numbers but he has largely been underwhelming this season... WHICH EVERYONE IS SAYING ABOUT THE TOP LINE.

If he continues to put up numbers while the line is meh, then cool? But if we're talking about who's "playing better" that is a subjective discussion where I don't think numbers alone tell the whole story.

But you already knew that before throwing in your absurd McDavid example.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
While I don't disagree with the conclusion the headline draws... there's zero new information in that article to suggest any kind of certainty on the matter.

I happen to think that they'll keep him but... I dunno if it warrants a "Well look at that."
It's all about snappy headlines to get people interested in reading the article. Calling Clarke making the team past 9 games now is a safe-ish bet. By putting the article up now, he can cash in on being the first with the "scoop". Savvy timing even if there is no more information.

The bigger question is, who is your audience? Are you writing for hardcore hockey fans or are you writing for the more casual fan? Far more casual fans in SoCal.

Remember a month ago when saying Clarke had a chance at making the team was an outlying opinion?

Also hockey Canada looking even worse now, if that is possible.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
46 goals? So you're accusing me of cherrypicking stats to make a bad argument then offer a hypothetical where he puts up 46 goals in 30 games?

Let's talk about Kempe putting up 40 goals over a season before 40 in 30. Prime Ovechkin put up 65 goals over 47 games, a 1.38 goal scoring rate. Your scenario would be a 1.53 goal scoring rate in the games he actually gets a goal.

So you want me to entertain a hypothetical in which Kempe only scores goals in 30 games but does it at a rate better than prime Ovechkin?

Last season, Kempe put up 35 goals in the 28 games he scored goals in. So, you think in nearly the same number of games he actually scored goals, he'll just slap another 11 in?

It's flattering you think I can read your mind, but please reread your hypotheticals before expecting people to understand.

If you think production is the only way to validate a player, then please feel free to ignore me. Production is one element. Kempe has put up numbers but he has largely been underwhelming this season... WHICH EVERYONE IS SAYING ABOUT THE TOP LINE.

If he continues to put up numbers while the line is meh, then cool? But if we're talking about who's "playing better" that is a subjective discussion where I don't think numbers alone tell the whole story.

But you already knew that before throwing in your absurd McDavid example.

You said Kempe has only put up points in a small number of games this year. McDavid has 8 of his pts in 2 games. Of course its not comparing them as players. Yeah, Kempe isn't Ovechkin either. He's going to disappear sometimes. He was a late 1st rd pick for a reason.

I'm throwing out a hypothetical. If he scores 46 goals in, whatever, only 39 of the 82 games, 50 of the 82 games, what difference does it make? It's still 46 goals. Ultimately, just like winning, all that matters is how many W's you get. Or how many goals. They never ask how later on.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Yes, he sure got borked, but he answered so i'll give him a mulligan. He'll have to wait till mid-december for a rematch.
Not his best outing. A for effort E for execution :laugh:

$3.2m (this year and next) for 6 goals last year on the free wheeling oilers, i aint buying.

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
1666819638503.png

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Not stupid, but this is one of the risks of marinating everyone so long, running out the clock on waivers and RFA/UFA status.

As you point out it's more unique because of the Quick situation but Cal is otherwise pretty unusual in this org.

But as it relates to goalies yeah I'm with you and Cal got the deal his comparables got--it's just unfortunate his game has blown up so much. I can't think of another 3-year contract anywhere that people are so upset about.

How about when Kyle Clifford sign a new deal with an AAV of 1.6 mil ? People totally lost their shit as if DL signed him to and 8x8 deal.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
This is another good example of details don't matter.

Samsonov is currently 25 years old. Petersen is 28. Petersen signed a 2 year ELC in 2017, a few months shy of his 23rd birthday. The 2nd contract he signed, was a very cheap 3 year bridge deal in 2019, which took him to the age of 27. That's the year most players hit UFA status, and Petersen was no different. Petersen thus could've walked away on his own. To stop that from happening, the Kings had to pay for UFA years. And they did so, in desperation. In part due to the dumb 10 year contract Quick got, which drove every other goalie away in subsequent years. Washington didn't even have a Quick there. They lucked out that after Holtby won the Cup, but before he needed an extension, he went into the toilet as a Cap. Before his Van and Dal adventures. DL gave Quick a 10 year deal after 1 Cup, before he needed to.

The Samsonov and Petersen situations are fairly different, but again, details don't matter. Player A is the same as player B, situation Y is the same as situation Z, context is irrelevant. The Kings are just simply stupid.

Didn't DL give Quick that length to keep the cap hit down, pretty much like all the contracts during that time?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
You said Kempe has only put up points in a small number of games this year. McDavid has 8 of his pts in 2 games. Of course its not comparing them as players. Yeah, Kempe isn't Ovechkin either. He's going to disappear sometimes. He was a late 1st rd pick for a reason.

I'm throwing out a hypothetical. If he scores 46 goals in, whatever, only 39 of the 82 games, 50 of the 82 games, what difference does it make? It's still 46 goals. Ultimately, just like winning, all that matters is how many W's you get. Or how many goals. They never ask how later on.
I said Kempe put up only a small number of points in two games while he's been playing poorly. That's different from McDavid getting the majority of his points from only a handful of games while largely being the most dangerous player on the ice.

As for your hypothetical, the question is "who has Kaliyev played better than?" I said Kaliyev has played better than Kempe, regardless of points scored. I don't use points alone to discuss the quality of a player's play. That's when you decided to chime in with these absurd arguments.

Adrian Kempe has as many points as Cale Makar. Is he as good as him? Should we hop on the Avalanche board and propose a 1-for-1 swap because, as you said "they never ask how later on"?

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Wow, I never realized there could have easily been a hooking call on that play, the stick comes up with Arvidssons hand the first point of contact. They’ve been calling that all year, which would have resulted in a goal awarded. I can see why it wasn’t called too, but it was more borderline than I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad