Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I want a Chychrun trade to happen so badly, but I feel like if it were a done deal and they were waiting for after the Kings/Pens game someone would've figured something out. An insider leaking something. A player's family/friend posting something. Notable scratches for the Kings/Reign. But we've got nothing so far.

I'd love for Vej to be involved too, but no way he starts tonight if that were the case. But I do agree with All The Kings Men from earlier, the Copley signing seems way too oddly timed to be routine buisness. Could very well be waiver protection, and the Kings plan to roll with Quick and a new guy for the rest of the season.

Reactions: Sol

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
58C3C7AE-929B-4CCD-9D36-AF35D7E44A31.jpeg

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
I want a Chychrun trade to happen so badly, but I feel like if it were a done deal and they were waiting for after the Kings/Pens game someone would've figured something out. An insider leaking something. A player's family/friend posting something. Notable scratches for the Kings/Reign. But we've got nothing so far.

I'd love for Vej to be involved too, but no way he starts tonight if that were the case. But I do agree with All The Kings Men from earlier, the Copley signing seems way too oddly timed to be routine buisness. Could very well be waiver protection, and the Kings plan to roll with Quick and a new guy for the rest of the season.
But it doesnt make sense to play Quick anymore. He is done. He loses, badly, every game.
If we are really making moves in an effort to move up then Quick cannot be part of the equation.
Copley is our backup G of the future who just happens to be the starting goalie of the present because Quick is no longer capable of NHL duty.
Honestly I wish people would stop talking about Quick like he is relevant, or he is going to be re-signed next season. It's over.
Signing Copley to basically a veteran minimum 1 year contract isnt going to stop anyone from claiming him. A lot of teams could use a decent backup at that price tag going into the playoffs.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
But it doesnt make sense to play Quick anymore. He is done. He loses, badly, every game.
If we are really making moves in an effort to move up then Quick cannot be part of the equation.
Copley is our backup G of the future who just happens to be the starting goalie of the present because Quick is no longer capable of NHL duty.
Honestly I wish people would stop talking about Quick like he is relevant, or he is going to be re-signed next season. It's over.
Signing Copley to basically a veteran minimum 1 year contract isnt going to stop anyone from claiming him. A lot of teams could use a decent backup at that price tag going into the playoffs.
People have been calling on Quick's demise for years now. And every year that the Kings make the playoffs he shows up and does some f***ing.

Unless LA goes out and gets a Demko or Gibson level goalie, Quick is still my playoff starter until he looks cooked in the playoffs too.

Copley's recoed is great, but his .897 doesn't scream playoff starter, or even a goalie that most teams would carry as a #3 on the NHL roster.

Reactions: Jungle Boy

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
People have been calling on Quick's demise for years now. And every year that the Kings make the playoffs he shows up and does some f***ing.

Unless LA goes out and gets a Demko or Gibson level goalie, Quick is still my playoff starter until he looks cooked in the playoffs too.

Copley's recoed is great, but his .897 doesn't scream playoff starter, or even a goalie that most teams would carry as a #3 on the NHL roster.
Out in the 1st round, swept, 8-6, 7-1, 6-1, 4-2 are the final scores in the games dont bother watching.
I believe Blake will pick up another goalie for us some time this month, a Greiss or someone like him.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Out in the 1st round, swept, 8-6, 7-1, 6-1, 4-2 are the final scores in the games dont bother watching.
I believe Blake will pick up another goalie for us some time this month, a Greiss or someone like him.
Quicks been feast or famine in playoffs, as has the rest of the team. But in those wins he was dominant. I'd take those odds over anyone else in the system or whatever other dime a dozen backup

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Quicks been feast or famine in playoffs, as has the rest of the team. But in those wins he was dominant. I'd take those odds over anyone else in the system or whatever other dime a dozen backup
If you want to trust the playoffs to a 37 year old dumpster fire who is 8-12-3 with ratios that are profane then be my guest but Im glad youre not the GM.

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
The main board is frustrating to read. A lot of posters saying it'll be QB or Clarke ++.

Just want this to be announced an a hell of a lot cheaper than everyone thought.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
What reason(s) would Arizona TWEET '
"ROSTER UPDATE: Coyotes D Jakob Chychrun is a healthy scratch tonight versus the St. Louis Blues due to trade related reasons"
Without announcing the deal? Have you ever seen that?

1. the other team is playing a game and does not want to anounce it, due to distraction
2. ???
3 ???

It's weird. What could other reasons be?

Reactions: RocketKing

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
"ROSTER UPDATE: Coyotes D Jakob Chychrun is a healthy scratch tonight versus the St. Louis Blues due to trade related reasons"

1. the other team is playing a game and does not want to anounce it, due to distraction
2. ???
3 ???

I feel like I’ve seen it before but it’s always closer to the trade deadline. Can’t remember who it was so this post isn’t really contributing much. I’m consistent at least.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Quick will get more games.
You gotta try to get him going too, before the playoffs.
Former Conn Smythe winner known to elevate for the post season.
Hell he could still be worth thought about starting a series on a very short leash,
I doubt think we got JC, no one scratched in LA or Ontario

2. ???
3 ???

Or to pressure negotiators,

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Sorry for being the downer, but someone pointed out Chychrun skates 30 mins against the Hawks & was scratched the next game in a back to back. Seems completely legitimate to not ride a player that hard when you are thinking of trading him.

Maybe something is close, but it seems like the back to back was more the reason than the trade being completed.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
I didn’t want Chychrun but I’ve accepted the strong possibility Blake trades for him. As long as it doesn’t include Byfield, Vilardi, Clarke or Kaliyev I’ll live.

I really don’t want them to trade Spence since he’s been my guy from D+1. Been banging the Spence and Nousinen drum for a bit. Poor Kim, just not big enough. If Blake can pull this off without those 4 and Spence then wow.

Also if he trades this years 1st he’s got to take a goalie in the 2nd round. Or trade up to take one. Desperately need a young future one.

JTeller97

Dec 25, 2020
Sorry for being the downer, but someone pointed out Chychrun skates 30 mins against the Hawks & was scratched the next game in a back to back. Seems completely legitimate to not ride a player that hard when you are thinking of trading him.

Maybe something is close, but it seems like the back to back was more the reason than the trade being completed.
The Yotes themselves said he was held out for "trade-related reasons". The posters on the main board are out to lunch if they think Chychrun (A high end second pair D man, with a horrible injury history, that has also demanded a trade) is returning a blue chip prospect ++. Fagemo, Kupari, etc, + Spence and a 1st is a more than fair offer. If we are making this deal I really really hope Blake is able to swindle it to where Spence isn't involved.

Reactions: Surf Nutz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad