Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
Really don’t have an interest in Chychrun, especially if it costs one of Vilardi or Spence.
Definitely dont want to move Gabe.
I thought about Spence, as much as we like him it seems he is expendable if you look at it objectively. Clarke will be a better player in the near future and there are only two spots for RHD in the top 4. Between Durzi, Clarke and Spence thats three high end offensive threats. We only need two. Grans eventually replaces retired Doughty and we have Clarke Durzi Grans on our right side.
Or maybe Blake moves Durzi and we keep Spence. Its hard to imagine a deal that doesnt include at least one.
We all talk about how we need to move RHD for LHD, well here is the moment so somebody is going.

The fact that Chychrun misses 15-35 games each and every season is terrifying. Otherwise I am good with him.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
not sure why all the craziness. Chicklets played 30 minutes the night before. AZ saying holding him out for trade reasons does not mean a trade is imminent. Simply means don't want to overuse the guy in advance of a potential trade this TDL. Guy is made of glass. Even without a trade, sitting him is maybe a good idea on bak-2-backs. But being a major & obvious trade asset -- even more so. But a trade pending -- seems like guesswwork and clickbait. We all know it's eventually going to happen (probably). Could be tomorrow, could be in 19-20 days from now, could be this summer, heck it could be never.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I totally get not wanting to trade Spence, I'm a big fan of his as well, but it's simply a numbers game. Doughty isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and Clarke is clearly (and rightfully) positioned ahead of Spence in organizational priority on the right side. And then Roy is still on the Kings roster, and ideally is more of a 3rd pairing RD. Spence has no slot really outside of a potential third pairing. The hole on the left side must be addressed, and doing so with an asset from where the organization is stacked makes sense. To get a player like JC isn't going to happen without the return stinging a bit. For me Byfield and Clarke are nonstarters, and ideally I'd like to keep Vilardi and Kaliyev. Spence would be next in line, but I'd understand

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
First of all its Nick Kypreos so I am not panicking yet.
If it is Clarke it better be a deal that takes Cal back and solves every other issue on the team, probably Vejmelka included as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad