Speculation: LA Kings News, Rumors, Roster Thread 2022-23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
The more I investigate, the more I think its a better than 50 percent chance this Chychrun deal is imminent in the next 48 hours. I would bet one United States dollar, the world's reserve currency on it.

I wonder if Blake is swinging for the fences and pursuing Vejmelka as well. The Copley signing leads me to believe Blake might be adding another tender.
Something like Chychrun and Vejmelka for Turcotte, Cal and two 1st rounders, maybe some other stuff.
It would bail Blake out of the Cal debacle. We lose two presumable late 1st rounders who wouldnt play for us in years, if at all were Todd still coach by then. I have heard Turcotte in rumors to AZ months ago.

A deal that has been talked about by two GMs for months can easily spiral into something larger.

Also seems like Edmonton has maybe bailed out of the pursuit and Toronto just doesnt have the raw assets that LA can offer, unless Dubas is in full tilt and shoves his whole stack into this one trade.

One thing nobody ever mentions is that Chychrun's dad Jeff played with Blake on the Kings in the 90s. That personal relationship could be key in my estimation.

Just tidbits and threads starting to coalesce into an instinct.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghetty Green

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Guys, Hoven said the Kings were not trading for JC a couple months ago. I just want JC so that we can hear his spin.
I think Hoven probably lost his best source(s) after he announced Blake was getting a new contract....and maybe the Bergevin one too (didn;t he break that?). Management does not like leaks like that. I would not trust him. I have a sub to theforumreport and hoping Rosen has something to say, but I have not checked it since post game last night. Something is up with Chy getting dealt. I've never seen a team tweet "_____ is scratched tonight due to trade related reasons" and then nothing happen.

For the record, I would NOT deal Vilardi. He was the best player on the Kings, the 1st 2 weeks of the season and top 5 goal scorer in the NHL then. He has bounced around lines and dealt with inhuries. He's now a monster on the boards and looks awesome. I hope they don't trade him, but I had read a month ago, he was the one Ari wanted. The facts remain - Chychrun is almostly certainly dealt and a trade is done and no one knows where to. And the Kings have been longtime rumored and have a hole at LHD...plus have the assets.

Go to the Yotes board...they don't know, but they want QB or Clarke or 2 #1's and Turcotte...blah blah.

Last edited:

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
If we send them Gabe Vilardi, then it's the Yotes who should adding onto the deal. I'm only semi joking.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Byfield is worth more than Chychrun at this point, I don’t see why we would be adding a first and change. Chychrun isn’t as good as Fiala and we got him for Faber and a first.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Turcotte, Spence, Grans, and Fagemo, seem like likely pieces LA would dangle with a number one pick. Maybe Kupari but he has been a nice player lately.

Whatever it will be it’s gonna hurt to some extent.

I just can’t see Byfield or Clarke being moved. If one has to go I can see Clarke just do to the ridiculous depth on that side but that would reduce whatever else goes the other way. Just don’t see it.

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
If the Kings trade either Byfield or Clarke for Chychrun everyone in the Kings organ-eye-zation, including and especially Luc and Blake, should be catapulted into outer space. That means they wasted half of a decade assembling prospects and turning them into new secondary core pieces so the golden boys Kopitar and Doughty can get bounced in the first or second round again. That basically means they spent half of a decade changing the Muzzins, the Carters, the Martinez into new Muzzins, Carters and Martinez with different names, just so Kopitar and Doughty can fail again at an even older age.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Id rather have a bag of chicarrones - but if Walker and/or Cal go the other way that would be addition by subtraction. Dont like losing another 1st (2nd consecutive) which for sure will be part of it..

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
He'll just say something to deflect like things changed in the last few weeks, etc. It's how these guys spin being wrong 90% of the time and then they go HAM when they get something right.
It’s also an answer that could easily be true. There will be a point where the cost becomes worth it to both sides and the trigger gets pulled. Maybe they insist on an extra 2nd, Blake says no constantly and they finally agree on an extra 3rd. All hypothetical obviously.

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
Turcotte, Spence, Grans, and Fagemo, seem like likely pieces LA would dangle with a number one pick. Maybe Kupari but he has been a nice player lately.

Whatever it will be it’s gonna hurt to some extent.

I just can’t see Byfield or Clarke being moved. If one has to go I can see Clarke just do to the ridiculous depth on that side but that would reduce whatever else goes the other way. Just don’t see it.
I thought Turcotte would be in a deal for McCabe

Reactions: LAKings88

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
If the Kings trade either Byfield or Clarke for Chychrun everyone in the Kings organ-eye-zation, including and especially Luc and Blake, should be catapulted into outer space. That means they wasted half of a decade assembling prospects and turning them into new secondary core pieces so the golden boys Kopitar and Doughty can get bounced in the first or second round again. That basically means they spent half of a decade changing the Muzzins, the Carters, the Martinez into new Muzzins, Carters and Martinez with different names, just so Kopitar and Doughty can fail again at an even older age.

I love when people worry about things that aren't going to happen because they assume people they don't like are idiots. If Byfield or Clarke were headed the other way, the trade would've already been done forever ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad