Confirmed with Link: LA Kings @LAKings Welcome to Los Angeles, Phillip Danault!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I don't want to hear anymore about how Kopitar isn't putting up big point totals, because he is playing all the hard minutes.

This isn't rocket surgery, so McLellan should be able to figure this out.

Well, that's the biggest point of this signing I think. Now Danault can be out there against 1st lines and Kopitar and/or Byfield gets put against a middle 6 line. It expands how lethal we can be across the roster. This is going to be a big season for TMac because it is clear that his system here isn't really working so we need to see him adapt and get the most out of this roster. I think he can do it and I still support his signing, but things can change fast on him if he can't get this roster to be at least competitive in the Pacific...

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I mean, that's fair, but I don't think just comparing rate stats to Kopitar is a great way to show how offensively gifted he is.

Agreed. Kopitar starts with a lot of defensive zone draws as well and takes tough minutes. Kopitar crushes Danault from a talent stand point on offense.

That said, it does show that Danault is quite good 5v5. He's playing upper-teens minutes v. whatever lower amount those guys you posted are playing. The comparison also shows how bad the Kings are 5v5 when its best offensive player is comparable to Danault.

That's a big part of the Dustin Brown debate: so much power play. They all count but we saw what happened when the PP vanished.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Agreed. Kopitar starts with a lot of defensive zone draws as well and takes tough minutes. Kopitar crushes Danault from a talent stand point on offense.

That said, it does show that Danault is quite good 5v5. He's playing upper-teens minutes v. whatever lower amount those guys you posted are playing. The comparison also shows how bad the Kings are 5v5 when its best offensive player is comparable to Danault.

That's a big part of the Dustin Brown debate: so much power play. They all count but we saw what happened when the PP vanished.
If Danault isn't garnering most of the minutes against the other team's top line, especially in home games, there is something very wrong in the way McLellan is deploying his troops.

I am expecting a big season from Kopitar in 2021-22.

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Usually when you sign UFA's in their late 20's to long term contracts it turns into a bust.

This one probably will as well. He'll probably be good for us for a few years, then turn into boat anchor contract.

I do love the player though.

All players turn into Boat anchors at some point. It's the nature of sports.

Reactions: dick341

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Don't get me wrong; I really like Danault as a player. But the term and cap scares the shit out of me.

I'd really not like to pay someone 5.5 million to be our potential shutdown 3C/4C in 2-3 years. If our prospects pan out how they should Danault will most definitely fall in our depth chart.

With that said I'm really excited in seeing what he brings to the table these next two seasons.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

He talks about what the Kings told him. Rob and Todd both talked to him. Gives you some insight into what LA is thinking.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
The Kings are going to need Byfield, or Vilardi to step up and be the number 1 center pretty soon. I hope Blake asked their prospect centers if they are willing to play wing, because they have a lot of centers.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The Kings are going to need Byfield, or Vilardi to step up and be the number 1 center pretty soon. I hope Blake asked their prospect centers if they are willing to play wing, because they have a lot of centers.

The Danault signing is key for this, it's Kopitar's Father Time insurance.

It gives Byfield a few years to take over FULL two-way responsibilities, in the meantime the offensive kids can be deployed like it's a f***ing playground out there while the vets choke the life out of the dzone and PK.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
I would like to see them sign Ben Chiarot, and try to trade for Ross Johnston. The Kings could use some muscle now that MacDermid is gone.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I did. And here; because he's a King. Why so salty over here!

Iccceee creeaaam! Lt. Dan, Iccceee crrreeaaamm!
Way to go there Socrates, you quoted the wrong person

upload_2021-7-28_14-12-44.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad