Kyle Dubas will not be back as GM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowski

Taking out the trash.
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
How about the Pens kicking off a rebuild with Matthews coming in as a UFA and getting mentored into a intangibles monster by Crosby?
tumblr_n1k7jtrnHX1rhly2xo1_r1_400.gif

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Not exactly a good idea to walk way from a 22 year old winger who had just put up 94 points.

Regardless it wasn't even that bad of a deal. Eichel got $10million after scoring 56 and 57 points (61 games).
Walk away? That’s not how RFAs work.

Reactions: cptjeff

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
He gambled on two goalies... one paid off
Which one? The .898 playoff SV% one? Or Matt Murray?

Must be why the Leafs have so much success because of that enormous advantage.

If that front-loading was a big advantage, shouldn't the Leafs have excellent value contracts and not the opposite?
They should, but someone Doobled it up.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Dubas was the GM for 5 years and a part of the management team for 9 years

2015 - Missed playoffs
2016 - Missed playoffs
2017 - 1st round loss
2018 - 1st round loss
2019 - 1st round loss
2020 - Lost in play in round
2021 - 1st round loss
2022 - 1st round loss
2023 - 2nd round loss

Build this man a statue outside SBA immediately. My goodness the Dubas fan club makes me want to puke. On top of failing every year he turned out to be a complete weasel. What kinda person uses their wife and kids as leverage ? Dubas said it was a family decision not financial, he said it not us. He said he can't put his family through a move and won't pop up anywhere next week. He then asked for a different financial package and when he didn't get it, immediately turned to Pittsburgh. I cannot believe there's people that are still crying about him like he was some martyr. I swear to god the world has gone mad, where peoples feelings matter more than results. Sure he failed every year and is a complete weasel but we can't hurt his feelings !!!

Get real.
Great post, deserves more love.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I'm too lazy to look to see if this has already been posted - I am sure it has...

So...

Short term extensions for Nylander, Matthews and Marner and hope they can do something before they turn 30.

We ALL KNEW they weren't going anywhere - the inmates are running the place.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Not exactly a good idea to walk way from a 22 year old winger who had just put up 94 points.

Regardless it wasn't even that bad of a deal. Eichel got $10million after scoring 56 and 57 points (61 games).
Eichel, the guy who is better in the playoffs than Rich Mitch? And making less still?

friedmans 32 thoughts made it sound like the team and front office is in chaos.
The Dubasites are fleeing like roaches.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
He wasn't sure his family would even want him to be GM of the leafs anymore but now he's pursuing the same job in Pittsburgh? He really tried to squeeze Shanahan.
Dubas is a flat out liar and didn’t expect his own lies to backfire so soon, but now they will.

“You won’t see me popping up elsewhere”

“I couldn’t put my family through that”

LOL

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
How about the Pens kicking off a rebuild with Matthews coming in as a UFA and getting mentored into a intangibles monster by Crosby?
Once the core retires Pens sign Drai and we do Drai-Matthews as a 1-2 punch. Or do an Oilers and have a MattDrai line. :sarcasm:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I'm too lazy to look to see if this has already been posted - I am sure it has...

So...

Short term extensions for Nylander, Matthews and Marner and hope they can do something before they turn 30.

We ALL KNEW they weren't going anywhere - the inmates are running the place.
The new GM’s first press conference: ‘We can and we will!’

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Price played the last game of the season for the Habs and then went on LTIR

It's amazing how easily people get caught on here with fake accounts
Had surgery, in the off season, played a total of 5 games the following year, couldn’t make it work. If you saw him struggling to play, it was obvious he was done. Not even close to the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad