Kucherov started off where he finished on top after being robbed of the Hart

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
It’s 2 games lol
He out produced Mackinnon last year and Carried his team to the playoffs over a full season just to gift it to Mackinnon because kucherov is Russian .
He out produced Mackinnon last year and Carried his team to the playoffs over a full season just to gift it to Mackinnon because kucherov is Russian . A kucherovless lightning do not make the playoffs last year, but a Mackinnonless avs make it in that cupcake division.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
He out produced Mackinnon last year and Carried his team to the playoffs over a full season just to gift it to Mackinnon because kucherov is Russian . A kucherovless lightning do not make the playoffs last year, but a Mackinnonless avs make it in that cupcake division.
You don't think the Avs without MacKinnon might have dropped 15 points in the standings? That's quite the claim.

Mikko Rantanen and Nathan MacKinnon had roughly equal amount of time on the ice away from each other 5v5. When Rantanen was out there without MacKinnon, the Avs goal scoring rate dropped by over 2 goals per 60 minutes. Their xGF/60 dropped by around 1.2.

Not that it's relevant to this discussion, but when MacKinnon was out there without Rantanen, their goal scoring rate increased. And their xGF/60.

Last edited:

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

So it should go to someone on a borderline playoff team every year I guess? Seems like poor logic.

In all practicality it’s simply a “best player” award and efforts to parse or interpret the meaning of “valuable” rarely make sense to me. If they were truly looking for who brought the most value to a team I think there would be a lot more goalie wins, the difference between a Hellebuyck and a replacement goalie has a bigger impact on the standings than any skater imo. But it should really just be awarded to the best overall player that season. I wouldn’t even mind a non-playoff guy winning it if they cleared the field in a dominant fashion though I know that’s going too far for most people.

Reactions: Regal

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
4 points.

Just getting the Art Ross does not make you defacto MVP. It gives a good case though.

McKinnon Makar Rantanen 3 guys above 70 points.

Kucherov Stamkos Point Hedman Hagel 5 guys over 70.

I'd like to think removing MckInnon from his team would be a bigger difference maker.

My thoughts anyways

-We could discuss hitting over 50 goals possibly more important. McKinnon being a center effecting the game more defensively etc.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I didn't read the OP very closely but I agree with him that Kucherov robbed MacKinnon of the 2019 Hart. Not only were the media reluctant to give it to a Canadian, but Kucherov was somehow "more valuable" when his best defenseman was Victor Hedman instead of Tyson Barrie.

Reactions: Ceremony

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
kuch got what he deserved last year, he was runner up because he was only the 2nd best player.

if mcdavid is healthy none of this will matter as it's his trophy to lose. kuch will have to fight mackinnon again this season for next best player. could go either way

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
Kucherov is the best forward behind McDavid the way I see it.

But Anze Kopitar would shut both of them down while scoring a game winner on top of that the way he’s playing right now.

Doughty is going to come back stronger than ever. I think the Kings might be the dark horse pick no one’s talking about
Yeah for sure, wait until Mcdavid meets the kings in the playoffs, eh?

Soul Assumption

Jul 18, 2022
if mcdavid is healthy none of this will matter as it's his trophy to lose.
I heard that McDavid was not very healthy in the first three games of this season that's why he scored 2 points. But in the game against Philadelphia, he was healthier and made 2 assists. Let's see if he is healthy in the next game. Anyway, everyone knows that McDavid can't lose the trophy to another player, if it happened, then the problem is his health.

Reactions: The Macho King

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
You don't think the Avs without MacKinnon might have dropped 15 points in the standings? That's quite the claim.

Mikko Rantanen and Nathan MacKinnon had roughly equal amount of time on the ice away from each other 5v5. When Rantanen was out there without MacKinnon, the Avs goal scoring rate dropped by over 2 goals per 60 minutes. Their xGF/60 dropped by around 1.2.

Not that it's relevant to this discussion, but when MacKinnon was out there without Rantanen, their goal scoring rate increased. And their xGF/60.
You don't think without kucherov tampa was picking top 8 in the draft?

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
One of the more embarrassing threads of the year for sure. But as always, it at least provides a good laugh!

This is a pretty dumb thread but still not as bad as the "female sports threads and the sexual harassment" threads on the "business of hockey forums". LadyStanley should be banned from posting. Typical feminist trash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad