Kucherov started off where he finished on top after being robbed of the Hart

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Mackinnon deserved it forsure on that Avs team. With a roster as good Tampa's you would think their fans would be more upset that the team didn't challenge for the Cup then whether a player won the Hart or not.

Last edited:

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
It’s 2 games lol
He out produced Mackinnon last year and Carried his team to the playoffs over a full season just to gift it to Mackinnon because kucherov is Russian .
He out produced Mackinnon last year and Carried his team to the playoffs over a full season just to gift it to Mackinnon because kucherov is Russian . A kucherovless lightning do not make the playoffs last year, but a Mackinnonless avs make it in that cupcake division.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
He out produced Mackinnon last year and Carried his team to the playoffs over a full season just to gift it to Mackinnon because kucherov is Russian . A kucherovless lightning do not make the playoffs last year, but a Mackinnonless avs make it in that cupcake division.
You don't think the Avs without MacKinnon might have dropped 15 points in the standings? That's quite the claim.

Mikko Rantanen and Nathan MacKinnon had roughly equal amount of time on the ice away from each other 5v5. When Rantanen was out there without MacKinnon, the Avs goal scoring rate dropped by over 2 goals per 60 minutes. Their xGF/60 dropped by around 1.2.

Not that it's relevant to this discussion, but when MacKinnon was out there without Rantanen, their goal scoring rate increased. And their xGF/60.

Last edited:

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

So it should go to someone on a borderline playoff team every year I guess? Seems like poor logic.

In all practicality it’s simply a “best player” award and efforts to parse or interpret the meaning of “valuable” rarely make sense to me. If they were truly looking for who brought the most value to a team I think there would be a lot more goalie wins, the difference between a Hellebuyck and a replacement goalie has a bigger impact on the standings than any skater imo. But it should really just be awarded to the best overall player that season. I wouldn’t even mind a non-playoff guy winning it if they cleared the field in a dominant fashion though I know that’s going too far for most people.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
4 points.

Just getting the Art Ross does not make you defacto MVP. It gives a good case though.

McKinnon Makar Rantanen 3 guys above 70 points.

Kucherov Stamkos Point Hedman Hagel 5 guys over 70.

I'd like to think removing MckInnon from his team would be a bigger difference maker.

My thoughts anyways

-We could discuss hitting over 50 goals possibly more important. McKinnon being a center effecting the game more defensively etc.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Someone needs a cuddle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad