Confirmed with Link: Kruger 3 year, $9.25m extension

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I GUESS this means Stan really wants to get a 2nd rounder back in the kitty (for Shaw)..

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Thought that cap hit was $9.25M for a second.

:scared:

Overpayment but oh well, happy to have him back. Stan will figure out the cap problems, no worries

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Now how do you resign both Panarin and Teravainen in 2017 (alongside with Gustafsson and Pokka)?

There's just not enough Cap to fit both of them in after this terrible deal for a 4th line center.

So, Teravainen (probably) or maybe even Panarin (if he'll have too big contract demands), will suffer the "Saad fate" in 2017 Offseason, that sucks.

Really can't understand this deal, just hope it doesn't end up Bickell-like, because like I said, that one costed us Saad.

You have to trade someone. Just because Kruger is signed it doesn't mean he won't be moved. Bickell will be off the books by then. Hossa might be done after next season.

And unless something drastically changes the next 15 months TT is not worth anywhere near what Saad got. And if someone wants to pay him that money then see ya, he isn't worth anywhere near that. Panarin is not going anywhere, TT maybe. He still needs to prove a lot. We have to trust Bowman has a plan, and from what he has pulled off this season I am going to believe he will keep us a contender.

TKK

Oct 22, 2015
We had a projected $8-9M Cap space to sign both Panarin and Teravainen in 2017 (and even that's with projected Cap raise to $74-75M by 2017, which might not even happen considering the situation with Canadian dollar).

After this Kruger deal, there's around $7M left, which might just be enough to sign Panarin if he has another 70+ points season in 2016/2017.

So that means either Teravainen is gone, or there will be "Saad shock" with Panarin, or one of core guys will be gone (Hossa, Seabrook).

But in the end, IMO, true Hawks core at this exact moment consists of Toews, Keith, Kane, Hjalmarsson, Panarin and Crawford, all other guys are basically expendable.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Kruger might get moved after THIS season.

Bowman has already done that with Bollig. Extended him on a big inflated extension in the first week of March after outplaying his previous 2 contracts only to trade him in the summer.

After catching up on the thread was thinking of that, just never know.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
Also, Kruger is coming off of a SURGERY REQUIRING wrist injury. Wrists are kind of important for faceoffs, and hockey in general. At the very least, they should have waited to see how he has recovered from the injury. He could be completely useless in the circle.

Like the Hawks don't have 5 physicians hovering around this guy tracking his progress. If you scared of injuries or can't trust your own surgeons, physicians, and trainers you're not going to last long as a GM.

I don't know if you're one of the Northwestern orthopods with inside information...but don't you think Stan has thought through all of this. You seriously think they're that stupid?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Kruger is probably worth what he got, but not to the Hawks who are in cap purge every season. I would rather have Shaw for cheaper, but maybe that's not an option. I don't think Stan wants to lose both so my guess is Shaw is asking for a Bickell type deal so he locked Kruger up so he doesn't lose both.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Prepare yourselve for "Saad shock" in Summer of 2017, because Panarin or Teravainen will be gone then.

The shock would be if the season starts next year and Panarin hasn't signed a contract extension to know what the number will be going forward. I don't think anyone's at a point of the guy that himself wasn't sure he wasn't going to be traded just weeks ago would be gone.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I think it is 500-750k too much. But with that said, there is nobody on the Hawks that can do what he does from a shutdown C perspective. Nobody. We had a luxury of Bollie and Krugs before. Look at our PK units without either Hossa or Kruger. Not that great.

Shaw has to be gone. He is the easiest to replace and will provide the greatest return of the two.

There will be spots open next year for youth. There will be no choice with the contracts we have kicking in.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Also, Kruger is coming off of a SURGERY REQUIRING wrist injury. Wrists are kind of important for faceoffs, and hockey in general. At the very least, they should have waited to see how he has recovered from the injury. He could be completely useless in the circle.

Agree and i know some of you felt the same, oh well damn sure surprised me but it's Stan and it's not like this came off the top of his head, would imagine his Dad, Maciver & staff tossed this around.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
A team as tight to the cap as the Hawks shouldn't be paying bottom six forwards anywhere near this much.

I get that another team would have paid him. Stan should have let them.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The only 'Saad shock' was the shock that Saad thought he was worth 6 mil per season coming off an ELC :laugh:

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Like the Hawks don't have 5 physicians hovering around this guy tracking his progress. If you scared of injuries or can't trust your own surgeons, physicians, and trainers you're not going to last long as a GM.

I don't know if you're one of the Northwestern orthopods with inside information...but don't you think Stan has thought through all of this. You seriously think they're that stupid?

Good point bro, like the Kane injury last season they do know.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
I think it is 500-750k too much. But with that said, there is nobody on the Hawks that can do what he does from a shutdown C perspective. Nobody. We had a luxury of Bollie and Krugs before. Look at our PK units without either Hossa or Kruger. Not that great.

Shaw has to be gone. He is the easiest to replace and will provide the greatest return of the two.

There will be spots open next year for youth. There will be no choice with the contracts we have kicking in.

This

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Even with the best care money can buy, guys have nagging pain or complications. It is the reality of surgery, especially on the wrist. Then there is rehab and building strength back up.. The point is, every player recovers differently and it hurt NOTHING to wait and see.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013

This just isn't true. Toews has by far the best GA60 of all the PKers this season and Desi has better #s than Krugs and Hossa. Although for Hossa its mostly bad luck, Kruger gets shelled with shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad