Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2024-25: Re-Tool, Re-Group, Re-Mix, Re-Build

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I think at this point there are are like 5 AHL guys I'd rather see in the lineup than Engvall. He doesn't score, he doesn't PK, he doesn't serve a role on the PP. He's just fast.... but we have that elsewhere. Right now I'd definitely rather see Foudy or Gauthier, and I think I could make an argument for Wahlstrom, Karlstrom or Maggio.

And btw, a buyout of Engvall's contract would be 1M a year for 12 seasons... so saves us 2M for the next 7 and then is an extra 1M starting sometime in the 2030s. So you call up someone on a min contract and save 1.2M a year. Not nothing!
The buyout window is closed. Any buyout would have to happen next year, so not sure why you are bringing up a buyout.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Most likely -
Tsyplakov and Maclean will be moved to the AHL in a paper move to fit under the cap to start the season, Then waive Fasching and Cholowski who will clear waivers, then move Sorokin to LTIR, opening space for call ups, Tsyplakov, Maclean, Cholowski (only if Reilly is injured), and Fasching.

Sorokin goes on LTIR
Fasching called up and moved to IR

Isles have 14 F (Foudy and Wahlstrom as 13 and 14th F), 7 D, 2 G with Fasching on IR and Sorokin on LTIR

With regard to Cholowski, the team cannot expose Bolduc to waivers for fear he may be claimed. Cholowski would be the first call-up on D. Is Reilly injured? If so, then Reilly moves to IR and Cholowski comes up as the 8th D man.

Reactions: Bill Herlyn

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Other notes:

- Dobson doesn't look any better defensively so far... he might be who he is at this point

- I think Mayfield looks *much* more mobile than I remember. A rebound season from him would be amazing for the team, and could help keep Dobson's minutes down which feels important for a bunch of reasons.

- Maclean is just flat out good. I would honestly feel comfortable plugging him on any line. He's billed as a defensive 4th liner but he's consistently creating chances with his speed and tenacity on the puck, and he's shown that he's able to score on breakaways. Contract is a steal.

- Neither Foudy or Gauthier has looked out of place to me, and if Sorokin starts on the IR I bet that they both make the team as the 13th and 14th forwards.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
The Isles are not buying out Engvall. My lord.

The Isles are not buying out Engvall. My lord.
Again they cannot because the window has closed - if he doesn’t produce this year and he is not moved (very difficult) then next offseason when he has 5 years left - they could look to buy him out 1m for 10 years

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Again they cannot because the window has closed - if he doesn’t produce this year and he is not moved (very difficult) then next offseason when he has 5 years left - they could look to buy him out 1m for 10 years
They are not even buying him out when the window opens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad