Confirmed with Link: Kruger 3 year, $9.25m extension

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Too much for Kruger

Great defensive center but with cap issues the Hawks face you cant afford to fall in love with your depth and pay them big $$$

3M is too costly for what Krugs brings

At that price I think it is safe to assume Shaw wont be back

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014
Other teams aren't sending feelers for a RFA 1.5 years out.

You really don't think so? I'm 95% sure Panarin's agent has already been contacted by people connected with other franchises.

It's the perfect storm - Panarin is on his way to becoming a star, and a Cap-strapped team holds his rights.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
More money than I thought he would get, but I don't have a problem with it.

Krugs is worth it. Move Shaw out if necessary, he's a much easier piece to replace.

And lol at people bringing up offensive numbers. He's a shut down center that starts almost every shift in the defensive zone.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
More money than I thought he would get, but I don't have a problem with it.

Krugs is worth it. Move Shaw out if necessary, he's a much easier piece to replace.

And lol at people bringing up offensive numbers. He's a shut down center that starts almost every shift in the defensive zone.

It amazes me how some people STILL don't understand this. He is one of the very best in the league at what he does.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
And for not being able to speak any English the hawks market the hell out of him. There are so many unknown variables. Does Bick go at draft? Is hossa going to ltir in 2017? Expansion draft, can they put Crow in it if necessary? Canadian economy won't be in recession forever. Too many unknowns.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
Not a chance. Stan has already come public when it comes to Panarin. Usually when he does that, the guy is part of the core. He's fine.

I'd say the Hawks would love to keep Panarin. But like Saad, if he's too expensive he could go. Too expensive means that he probably brings back an enormous haul and the Hawks benefit from 2 great years of production. Really a cant lose situation.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Panarin and Saad aren't exactly comparable imo. Panarin has game breaking talent. Saad was seen as a complementary player on top line hence Q calling it the lottery line

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
I guess Kruger is lucky that Bowman is the GM and not me. (for that matter the Hawks are probably lucky, too). That contract is about double what I would have paid. The guy provides zero offense. In addition, a rookie like Danault was able to take his place and the Hawks didn't miss a beat.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Two players who play similar roles to Kruger:

Paul Gaustad has a $3,250,000 AAV
Boyd Gordon's is $3,000,000 AAV

Are either of these guys better than Kruger?

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I guess Kruger is lucky that Bowman is the GM and not me. (for that matter the Hawks are probably lucky, too). That contract is about double what I would have paid. The guy provides zero offense. In addition, a rookie like Danault was able to take his place and the Hawks didn't miss a beat.

That's completely false.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
Some of you guys are being overdramatic. When it comes to the cap, Stan has proven he can work with it. Let the man do his ****ing job and stop *****ing.

He signed the best 4th line center in the league to a contract that he deserves. The rest will work itself out later.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If the Hawks wanted to be *******s they could have QO him again and let him sit all summer. I'm ok not doing that to krugs. For as much as people are saying Shaw is heart and soul, so is Marcus. He plays TOUGH minutes. Dude is fearless.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

I mean, that's not even remotely true.

Through 33 games with the Blackhawks, Kruger had a ZSO%Rel of -49.71 and played an average of 2:30min per game on the PK.

Through 30 games with the Blackhawks, Danault had a ZSO%Rel of -28.03 and played an average of 0:24 per game on the PK.

He had roughly half as tough a workload as Kruger. It's no surprise he demonstrated more offense when he spent significantly more time in the offensive zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad