Confirmed with Link: Kruger 3 year, $9.25m extension

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I wonder if Krugs gets a shot at 3LC next season with better wingers. I still don't know what Stan is gonna do with TT. He's still too good to be a 3LC.

FinnFan8

Expert Thread-Killer
Dec 7, 2015
SF, CA
I wonder if Krugs gets a shot at 3LC next season with better wingers. I still don't know what Stan is gonna do with TT. He's still too good to be a 3LC.

I hope not, but that's possible (smacks of the Bolland situation). As much as I love TT, I can definitely see him getting moved in the offseason to reload on some picks; he's the most valuable and potentially most redundant guy we have on the roster; he just doesn't fit our timeline; too good too soon (or late?)

TeddyGoalsevelt

Duke of Earl
Jun 6, 2015
The Region
Absolutely terrible, bo overpays yet again good bye talented roster

People only think he overpays because they're all on the same team.

Do you think Toews and Kane don't get that on the open market? Do you think Crawford doesn't get that on the open market? Do you think Seabrook doesn't get that on the open market? Do you think Kruger doesn't get that on the open market?

They all probably get more on the open market, it just looks bad because they all play together. But if you actually break it down, his roster is solid. If you get Shaw back, there are at most 3 holes on the bottom six. 2, if TT is there. 1 is going to Hartman. The other can be fought out between our remaining prospects and a cheap vet Stan lures with dreams of rasing the Cup. We're fine.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Fall out from the Kruger signing:

* Shaw will be traded in the summer. We can't afford him.
* Will need to trade Bickell in the summer. Perhaps with Shaw?
* Panarin's probably won't be extended in the summer unless cap space opens.
* Tougher to sign TT if he does well in the next 1.5 yrs. We will have to move things to find space.
* Wiese and Ladd will not be resigned.
* Look for Flash and Panik to be resigned for cheap. Hartman & other rooks will get serious looks.
* Could a core player be on the blocks this summer?
* Gus & TVR will be on the roster as #4 & #5. Cheap DMen options for next year.
* Does Bowman know something about Hossa that we don't know about?

Would you rather give up Kruger and a lower pick for Wiese and Flash? Keep Danault?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Ok then how is it a 1.5 mil overpay if he'd get 4 on the open market and is getting around 3 under this deal? A player is worth what he can get on the open market.

A player has different values for different teams. His "worth" might be $4 million AAV to the Canucks but only $2 million AAV to the Blues. Have fun arguing just to argue.

Man Reay

Peanut Gallery
Oct 1, 2013
Big Chicago
A bit rich but he's proven his worth in the last couple of Cup runs. But I won't be stressing about the cap situation, nothing I can do about it anyways and I am not getting paid to worry about it either. Stan hopefully knows what he's doing, so far all these cap challenges and solutions have been successful.

This, all day. In Stan I Trust...

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014
Panarin is gone

It's not a reality I like to face but it could be true. Stan may already know he can't afford to keep him.

Maybe his sources have informed him a huge offer sheet will be coming Artemi's way. He'll have to take the bounty of picks.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
It's not a reality I like to face but it could be true. Stan may already know he can't afford to keep him.

Maybe his sources have informed him a huge offer sheet will be coming Artemi's way. He'll have to take the bounty of picks.

Why are you taking his post seriously? If anything him saying that should give you confidence he will be re-signed.

The deal does kind of suck though.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Honestly I don't understand the notion that Kruger did us some big favor this offseason, he was an RFA that was not going to get an offer sheet and his stats would not have played well in arbitration so signing the Hawks offer was the only choice he had. I don't feel like Stan "owed him one" considering the options Kruger had.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
This is well... interesting.

So much for our successful strategy of not overpaying role players.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

What? He's not even a RFA this summer.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
Pretty rich. At the same time I think Stan thinks Kruger can anchor a line with two wings making under $1 million that can contribute 10+ mins a game.

$5 million for a 4th line contributing 10+ mins a game against top competition ain't bad. I don't think Shaw adds that value on wing. Still hope they can find a way to keep Shaw...heart and soul guy. Not surprised Kruger was priority though.

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014
Why are you taking his post seriously? If anything him saying that should give you confidence he will be re-signed.

The deal does kind of suck though.

Let me be clear: I do think the Hawks will resign him.

I'm just considering all possible scenarios and outcomes. If anyone offer sheets Panarin to a higher than $7,305,316 AAV and he signs he very realistically could be gone. That's not THAT huge of a contract. A 5 year 40 mil OS could be unmatchable.

Don't mind me though. I tend to be a glass half empty guy when it comes to these sorts of thing. Let's just assume Stan has a way already to resign him.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Ambivalent. I love Kruger, abd consider him an important cog in the machine. I just don't know how we're going to fit everybody.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad