Speculation: Kris Letang requested a trade to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Years ago i used the line on one of my customers who always tried to make claims ...

NO and when you reach the end of that NO road, take the next NO road and keep traveling...

Last edited:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
A lot of the trade threads by Hab's fans in recent years seem to be them putting stock in various rumor mongers, analysts, commentators and websites that have either never broken or story or gotten one right.
Except no Habs fans would want Kris Letang at this stage in our rebuild. Its a Pens reporter that made up this ridiculous scenario.

If true, what Kris wants is irrelevant.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Habs have like 10 young dmen and are clearly rebuilding. They also have 2 vets (Matherson and Savard), why would to get Letang? I just can't see a single reason why they would trade or even sign him...

Kris Letang is a connsumate pro, has 3 championship rings, and just put up numbers that would make him the 4th best point producer on the Habs.

He'd be a huge boost to the Habs locker room and is a more intense version of Crosby in terms of his offseason preparation.

If he came up in most other franchises he would be wearing the C.

The impact he would have on that young team is literally unparalleled and if the coaching staff used him correctly unlike Mike Sullivan in PIT where he is playing 24 a night, he'd probably be a great asset for them for at least the next 2-3 years.

Reactions: The Old Master

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Kris Letang is a connsumate pro, has 3 championship rings, and just put up numbers that would make him the 4th best point producer on the Habs.

He'd be a huge boost to the Habs locker room and is a more intense version of Crosby in terms of his offseason preparation.

If he came up in most other franchises he would be wearing the C.

The impact he would have on that young team is literally unparalleled and if the coaching staff used him correctly unlike Mike Sullivan in PIT where he is playing 24 a night, he'd probably be a great asset for them for at least the next 2-3 years.
With 4 years on his deal and his age, its a complete non-starter. Habs would never entertain it. Its laughable.

Reactions: CTHabsfan

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Penguins haven't been great lately, but why would he want to spend the rest of his career on a rebuilding team? May as well stay in Pittsburgh.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Wasn't a big hurdle in his last contract some form of no trade clause? I would be kind of upset that he pushed for that then tries to move himself to his preferred destination, limiting the return.

Regardless, I wouldn't mind moving from him. He is what he is at this point and his boneheaded plays seem to upset me more than his random flashes of greatness.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Under Hughes, they have been known for intelligent moves... Making an idiotic move for Letang is not in Hughes DNA.

Not sure how adding a player of Letang's caliber for what would probably be peanuts is idiotic.

He's currently a # 1 defenseman. Montreal doesn't have one.

He'd greatly assist with allowing Montreal's d-core to properly develop and his off ice impacts would be simply irreplaceable.

• Haha
Reactions: Beaker

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Not sure how adding a player of Letang's caliber for what would probably be peanuts is idiotic.

He's currently a # 1 defenseman. Montreal doesn't have one.

He'd greatly assist with allowing Montreal's d-core to properly develop and his off ice impacts would be simply irreplaceable.
Because we are desperate to develop our future and Letang would be taking ice time from those players. For FOUR YEARS

We're not a retirement home for nostalgic French Canadian player suddenly discovered their roots.

Lastly, we now have a pretty good development team.

JUST NO

Reactions: CTHabsfan

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Why did he re-sign with Pens then, should of just signed with the habs.

Because he thought the Penguins would attempt to be competitive for the remainder of the contract.

Because we are desperate to develop our future and Letang would be taking ice time from those players. For FOUR YEARS

We're not a retirement home for nostalgic French Canadian player suddenly discovered their roots.

Lastly, we now have a pretty good development team.

JUST NO

Four years? Why?

He's making 6 mil. That will be nothing in 2 years if he's a 3rd pairing guy.

No Habs prospect should be playing 24 minutes a night over the next two years.

Weird take.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Because he thought the Penguins would attempt to be competitive for the remainder of the contract.

Four years? Why?

He's making 6 mil. That will be nothing in 2 years if he's a 3rd pairing guy.

No Habs prospect should be playing 24 minutes a night over the next two years.

Weird take.
... One Habs "prospect" should be playing around 23-24 minutes a night over the next two years, and this is exactly why getting Letang would actually make SOME sense.

That deal is 2 years too long however, and Letang probably should'Ve thought about it before signing, but it is what it is. He... kinda made his bed.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
You're correct, the Habs are known for their intelligent moves, something that enabled them to win as many Cups as the next two winningest teams combined!
This kind of flex is similar to when Leaf fans brag about having more Cups than the Senators.

I get that you seem happy with the direction under Hughes, but lets not start using whatever happened prior to 1993 as a feather in the CURRENT Montreal management's cap to do so.

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
This kind of flex is similar to when Leaf fans brag about having more Cups than the Senators.

I get that you seem happy with the direction under Hughes, but lets not start using whatever happened prior to 1993 as a feather in the CURRENT Montreal management's cap to do so.
I understood the "intelligent moves" comment was a sarcastic comment, but it was also a ridiculous comment. Yes, Hughes had nothing to do with the 24 Cups, but he also isn't to blame for the bad moves prior to his being hired. I guess you missed my sarcasm.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
... One Habs "prospect" should be playing around 23-24 minutes a night over the next two years, and this is exactly why getting Letang would actually make SOME sense.

That deal is 2 years too long however, and Letang probably should'Ve thought about it before signing, but it is what it is. He... kinda made his bed.

Who? Reinbacher?

I understood the "intelligent moves" comment was a sarcastic comment, but it was also a ridiculous comment. Yes, Hughes had nothing to do with the 24 Cups, but he also isn't to blame for the bad moves prior to his being hired.

It's not a sarcastic comment. It's realistic.

The Habs have gone from finishing 8th in the Atlantic to finishing 8th in the Atlantic under Hughes and I don't think anyone views their prospect system as a top one in the league.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario

As a Habs fan, I agree with you about the weird flex. Historical stuff is irrelevant.

But for the original poster to suggest the Habs don't make intelligent moves is equally obtuse. Hughes has been on point from day 1. And I say that as a Habs fan who hasn't given any regime higher than a B- previously.

The Habs have gone from finishing 8th in the Atlantic to finishing 8th in the Atlantic under Hughes and I don't think anyone views their prospect system as a top one in the league.
Pardon? Surely you're trolling? There isn't a single list that doesn't have them top-10 right now and the majority have them top-5

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I understood the "intelligent moves" comment was a sarcastic comment, but it was also a ridiculous comment. Yes, Hughes had nothing to do with the 24 Cups, but he also isn't to blame for the bad moves prior to his being hired. I guess you missed my sarcasm.
Okay, but which "intelligent moves" has Hughes made so far? You can argue he hasn't been bad, but what moves have been "omg how did he pull off that robbery?!" moves during his tenure?

It's not like a string of his moves have turned the Habs into a surprising playoff team ahead of their rebuild schedule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad