Speculation: Kris Letang requested a trade to Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
He must have seen that thread the Habs fan started about him some years back:

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Yeah gotta make room for an absolute shit of a human being like Mailloux.
Unless you have something new on Mailioux, which seems doubtful since he's being allowed to play in the NHL, give it a rest. What he did as a 17-year-old was stupid, insensitive, and illegal, but he's paid for what he did. Labeling someone for life based on one incident prior to one's becoming an adult is extremely unfair.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Habs say no! We already over stacked on D. Letang is 38, a declining asset with 4 years on bad contract. At 40 he'll need a chair to get around the ice. his contract will kill us when we cup contenders. We can't buy out his contract

Absolute a terrible idea! I bet Kyle Dubas put him up to this! Try stick it to Habs from his Leafs days.
He's 37 BTW.

Letang is in no way a liability, and based on the way he trains, I doubt he will be become one anytime soon. His last year of his contract may the only one that can be the issue.

We have no reason to trade him, unless we're truly blowing it up, which at that point, anybody worth a dime should be traded. I'm fine watching him retire a Penguin.

That being said, there is no reason for the Habs to want him EXCEPT of the whole Quebec thing (I'm originally from Montreal).

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Montreal trading for Letang makes no sense, unless it's something like Brendan Gallagher and David Savard for Letang and a 3rd-round pick. Of course, I doubt the Penguins want to make that deal.

• Haha
Reactions: Superlative Soup

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Denial doesn't change the truth. Your whole core is old. Not aging. Old. It's not going to make it any easier to watch them all gas out again and fall short. Just get on with the rebuild. Nobody wants to watch the draft and hear about how you have 3 guys who were in the NHL before your first round pick was born. Make the tough choice and tell the big three it's time to think about some changes. Most greats have played for more than one team. Would you rather have another cup ring or be able to say you stuck it out until the wheels fell off with one franchise?

Barry Amsterdam

Fillin Nets Since 18
Apr 2, 2013
He must have seen that thread the Habs fan started about him some years back:

this should be posted as a new thread every christmas

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
Habs have like 10 young dmen and are clearly rebuilding. They also have 2 vets (Matherson and Savard), why would to get Letang? I just can't see a single reason why they would trade or even sign him...

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
A lot of the trade threads by Hab's fans in recent years seem to be them putting stock in various rumor mongers, analysts, commentators and websites that have either never broken or story or gotten one right.

• Haha
Reactions: Baksfamous112

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think this is Madden writing high-click-probability articles in mid-August. Pretty easy to connect the dots as Letang is from around Montreal and I believe there was speculation that he might like to end his career there.

Right now though, it just doesn't make sense. He's still a solid dman at $6mil. Still skates well, offense is decent. I just don't see what possible deal could be work with Montreal. The players they might want to send out make no sense for the Penguins to take on. Maybe in a couple of years.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I think this is Madden writing high-click-probability articles in mid-August. Pretty easy to connect the dots as Letang is from around Montreal and I believe there was speculation that he might like to end his career there.

Right now though, it just doesn't make sense. He's still a solid dman at $6mil. Still skates well, offense is decent. I just don't see what possible deal could be work with Montreal. The players they might want to send out make no sense for the Penguins to take on. Maybe in a couple of years.
Other then Mario is there any other Penguins that have played their whole career with the team that are retired?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Other then Mario is there any other Penguins that have played their whole career with the team that are retired?
I mean, yes? You could look at a guy like Morozov. Played with the Pens and then left for the RSL/KHL. I'm sure there are examples of middle-ground players that have only played for the Penguins in their careers.

As far as significant talent like Mario, Sid, etc - no, just Mario. Sid is tracking that way. As is Geno I believe.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
How is there actual discussion on this? It’s been debunked as Madden has no sources and has never gotten anything correct. His last claim of Malkin retiring was shot down by Malkin himself.

All this is doing is giving attention and clicks to Pittsburgh’s mix of Eklund, Jabba the Hut, and Alex Jones.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Got to love it when players are washed all sudden want to come to Montreal. How about, no. 6.1mill for next 4 years. Maybe if Pens give up 5 x 1st rounders and some top prospects. Which they don't even have.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I mean, yes? You could look at a guy like Morozov. Played with the Pens and then left for the RSL/KHL. I'm sure there are examples of middle-ground players that have only played for the Penguins in their careers.

As far as significant talent like Mario, Sid, etc - no, just Mario. Sid is tracking that way. As is Geno I believe.
It would be really cool for all three of them to stay with the pens till the end but maybe I'm just sentimental. I suffered from seeing Brodeur in a Blues Jersey. seeing one of the pens stars in a Caps or Flyers jersey would be wrong.

Reactions: SEALBound

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad