Value of: Kravtsov for Iafallo

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
The kings acquired former 7 th overall pick Lias Andersson for the 60 th pick overall. Kravtsov was 9th over all So value so be around the same. I would value Iafallo higher then Kravtsov. I would however counter with Rangers choice of the following Lizzotte or wagner or Gundstrom or AA or Madden and a 3rd

Reactions: Hisch13r

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
In. Rangers don’t need all these auxiliary pieces either. A 1-for-1 is more than fine.
The only deal that I offered that has more then one piece is Madden and a 3rd. All others are a one for one deal Ranger have the choice of the one player they would want off the kings roster.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The kings acquired former 7 th overall pick Lias Andersson for the 60 th pick overall. Kravtsov was 9th over all So value so be around the same. I would value Iafallo higher then Kravtsov. I would however counter with Rangers choice of the following Lizzotte or wagner or Gundstrom or AA or Madden and a 3rd

false assumption
Andersson was a fake is a mirage
Krav is the real deal.

He's temporarily getting screwd b'c waivers nec to get down to limit
that will pass

Thanks but not seeing a match at this time.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Kravtsov is a way better player then Lias right now, and has a higher offensive ceiling. NYR wanted to trade andersson. They don’t wana deal Kravy, he asked out
If that were the case, the Rangers have this other alternative. That’s to play him in the NHL. But they aren’t. Which tells me your read that he’s got all this upside or ability is invalid. Clearly something isn’t translating.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
If that were the case, the Rangers have this other alternative. That’s to play him in the NHL. But they aren’t. Which tells me your read that he’s got all this upside or ability is invalid. Clearly something isn’t translating.
Odds are he and or Barron would be the first injury call up. Kravy doesn’t want the competition. He’d rather go somewhere that’s going to give him a top 6/9 role and PP Ice time.
Currently he’s not getting a spot above Kakko/LaF/Kreider/Panarin in our top 6
And Gallant wants a heavy 3rd line with north south physical play with Goodrow-Chytil-Blais
4th line isn’t even an option for him, he’s wasted there and not a banger/Pk guy
Frankly it’s a numbers game. Barron can step in and play now too.
But kravtsov and Barron don’t need waivers.
Other players would like Gauthier if they send him down.
Right now, the rangers really don’t have enough NHL spots to accommodate everyone.
It’s a good problem to have, but unfortunately things like this are going to arise because players want to play.
I’m sure Drury didn’t want to deal Krav. He’d rather have him in the AHL playing 1St line minutes getting better and have him to call up.
Kravy is ready, he wants to play and wants an easier path to a full time nhl spot
Doesn’t mean he’s any less talented or his less likely to hit his ceiling as a player. He’s still a top 75-100 prospect with tantalizing skillset and a big frame
Being disgruntled and asking out certainly affects his value. That’s just how it works. But drury isn’t going to give him away either.
He’s a better player currently then Lias and he got a higher offensive ceiling to boot.
I honestly don’t know what Drury wants in return, but based on everything above, I hope it’s more then what andersson got cause he’s better then andersson now and will be better in the future.
Maybe it’s draft picks or a 1-1 reclamation/other disgruntled player trade.
I doubt the rangers get a 1st back for him, unless he’s packaged along with one of our good D prospects as well.
Some team is going to get him at a discount, and they have a good chance at hitting a home run with him.
Now you have the full picture

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Needs to be called out for extreme bs
what isn't translating, which is required here, is for you
to bend buckle and break
and admit to the reality
OF THE FACGT
that if they gave Krav the spot he deserved
there is an extreme likelhood that Hajek would be gone
a waiver casualty
for free -- no return

NY correctly avoiding that by sending down 2 guys who are waiver exempt

Obv
Strome Gep+ Hajek should have all been dealt
but deals are difficult until after rosters get settled

hopefully Hajek dealt w/in 2 ish wks

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Needs to be called out for extreme bs
what isn't translating, which is required here, is for you
to bend buckle and break
and admit to the reality
OF THE FACGT
that if they gave Krav the spot he deserved
there is an extreme likelhood that Hajek would be gone
a waiver casualty
for free -- no return

NY correctly avoiding that by sending down 2 guys who are waiver exempt

Obv
Strome Gep+ Hajek should have all been dealt
but deals are difficult until after rosters get settled

hopefully Hajek dealt w/in 2 ish wks
Losing Hayek to waivers isn’t some catastrophic outcome. He’s a dime a dozen bottom of roster player. He may go unclaimed. Or gets claimed and forgotten.

looks like Drury has passed the point of no return with his young winger. And now is giving him permission to find a new team.

Reactions: SundherDome

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
Kravtsov is a way better player then Lias right now, and has a higher offensive ceiling. NYR wanted to trade andersson. They don’t wana deal Kravy, he asked out
Kravstov’s perceived value took a nosedive on this forum the minute Dreger sent that initial tweet out. Par for the course…

As a Rangers fan, I acknowledge that his trade value in real life is down as well, but it has nothing to do with his talent level and potential. Teams will just be looking to buy because of a situational discount. Polar opposite from the Lias Andersson situation…he was situational as well, but he also just wasn’t very good compared to his draft pedigree.

What bothers me the most is that, even if Drury pulls a good return, Kravstov has the talent to be something special. Whether or not the drive is there to push himself to that level remains to be seen, however.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Losing Hayek to waivers isn’t some catastrophic outcome. He’s a dime a dozen bottom of roster player. He may go unclaimed. Or gets claimed and forgotten.

looks like Drury has passed the point of no return with his young winger. And now is giving him permission to find a new team.

again wrong x 2
whether or not Hajek is dime a dozen, NYR don't want to give him away for free
discounted, yes
free no
this is a guy who actually was lights out as advertised 4 games, then had shoulder separation or similar and you wouldn't think that would be catastrophic but since then, coupled w/fact Rangers screwed up his return, he has not returned to that high form.

also wrong on pt of no return
this is an unnecessary wound that could have been avoided
it will leave a scar at least in short term
but in 2 ish wks, w/rosters settled
Hajek will find a home/Strome will be dealt
K will be called up
and this will be over

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kravstov’s perceived value took a nosedive on this forum the minute Dreger sent that initial tweet out. Par for the course…

As a Rangers fan, I acknowledge that his trade value in real life is down as well, but it has nothing to do with his talent level and potential. Teams will just be looking to buy because of a situational discount. Polar opposite from the Lias Andersson situation…he was situational as well, but he also just wasn’t very good compared to his draft pedigree.

What bothers me the most is that, even if Drury pulls a good return, Kravstov has the talent to be something special. Whether or not the drive is there to push himself to that level remains to be seen, however.

drive is there,
but kid has to get legit chance w/out bs strings
top results require playing w/top talent linemates

so far, Quinn said this is not a 4th line guy and played him on ... 4th line
mismanagement

now he has denied/delayed opportunity
it will pass
deal Strome [not here long term] and Hajek yesterday

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Can we just move all these to the thread where NYR gave him permission to seek a trade? I'm a NYR fan, but Kravtsov isn't good enough for all these threads.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Did you see the line-up we put out last night? Don't tell me Krav couldn't beat out any of them.. I haven't see Lias play since we traded him, (well, maybe once), but Kravtsov actually looked good in the 20 games he played for us last season. The issue is he didn't beat out anybody in the bottom 6 for the direction the organization and coach wants. He's not your grinder. He's not your heavier forechecking player. He's not your defensively tight checking player you don't expect offense from. If that's what you want out of your player then Kravv likely won't beat that player out of a spot, but that doesn't make the those players better. He should be given a shot in the NHL this season but our top 6 apparently isn't changing no matter how those wingers play.

It's been reported that he's willing to go to another team's AHL and sign an extension. That tells me 1)He wasn't told this is temporary.
2)He doesn't see an opportunity to crap the top 9, or become a top 6 player on this team.

I do not believe you had a chance to watch how great Lias play was during this preseason games.
Sammy Blias looked like a first line winger during pre-season. It's pre-season. Lias could have a much better year. I'm hoping he does.

Last edited:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Krav won't get traded for 27 yr old depth scoring.
If LA, it'll be one if the young high pick C/Fs, like Turcotte or Kupari

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad