Value of: Kravtsov for Iafallo

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Krav won't get traded for 27 yr old depth scoring.
If LA, it'll be one if the young high pick C/Fs, like Turcotte or Kupari

Iafallo has produced in the top 30 of LWs over the past few seasons as well as being a key part of Kopitar's offensive renaissance. He is a relentless puckhound, terrific on the forecheck and very responsible in his own zone. Highly underrated player. He isn't available for something as little as Kravtsov.

Kupari or Kempe, sure, lets do business, but a flat no on the OPs ridiculous suggestion.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Iafallo has produced in the top 30 of LWs over the past few seasons as well as being a key part of Kopitar's offensive renaissance. He is a relentless puckhound, terrific on the forecheck and very responsible in his own zone. Highly underrated player. He isn't available for something as little as Kravtsov.

Kupari or Kempe, sure, lets do business, but a flat no on the OPs ridiculous suggestion.

Iafallo maxed out his potential and is going nowhere.
He can't create anything on his own and is like you said a work horse.

Every team has 20 players like this. AA and Kempe would and have produce exactly like that or better.
Kravtsov would be most likely a huge upgrade in a couple of years and in the worst case we would lose Iafallo who can be easily replaced with what we already have and is not included in our future plans anyways.

For god sake he has already been removed from the 1st line.
He won't come close to his already bad production playing on that weirdo line with Kempe and Danauld who will be demoted to 3rd line pretty soon

Reactions: bernmeister

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I can see the logic of swapping out Iafallo for a possibly superior Kravtsov, but I'd rather trade Iafallo AFTER Kravtsov makes the Kings lineup and replaces Iafallo. Kind of like how Dean Lombardi traded Jack Johnson away only after he had some proof that Voynov would replace him and was better. So for now I'd like to offer futures and I wouldn't even offer Kupari or the like. Kupari already has a lot of development time/effort put into him and I'd like to see him get a chance to make the Kings and we get to see what he really can bring. I'd rather trade future futures, like a pick or two, like how we acquired Andersson.

That being said, Kravtsov could be an upgrade to Iafallo in more than one way...not only skill but Kravtsov's cap hit for the next couple of years would be cheaper than the recently signed Iafallo. So if Krav really could be superior to Iafallo, that would be huge and then we could maybe even re-acquire the asset spent on Krav, possibly more, when dealing Iafallo.

But after we know where we stand with BOTH players.

bland

Jul 1, 2004

Every team has 20 players like this. AA and Kempe would and have produce exactly like that or better.
Kravtsov would be most likely a huge upgrade in a couple of years and in the worst case we would lose Iafallo who can be easily replaced with what we already have and is not included in our future plans anyways.

He won't come close to his already bad production playing on that weirdo line with Kempe and Danauld who will be demoted to 3rd line pretty soon

Sigh.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Iafallo maxed out his potential and is going nowhere. His potential has been met as proven nhl talent. You don’t toss that away. He can't create anything on his own False and is like you said a work horse. True

Every team has 20 players like this. False. AA and Kempe would and have produce exactly like that or better. False, and in addition to being net negatives at ES
Kravtsov would be most likely a huge upgrade in a couple of years Possibly and in the worst case we would lose Iafallo who can be easily replaced with what we already have False and is not included in our future plans anyways. He is for at least 4 more years, judging by his recent extension.

For god sake he has already been removed from the 1st line. Because he is needed elsewhere more. He generally is why lines work in the first place.
He won't come close to his already bad production Pacing for 50 points is not bad playing on that weirdo line with Kempe and Danauld who will be demoted to 3rd line pretty soon I honestly have nothing

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Krav won't get traded for 27 yr old depth scoring.
If LA, it'll be one if the young high pick C/Fs, like Turcotte or Kupari

Agree, except once this Hajek caused episode subsides, and K is w/the big club and producing, I don't see it as a coke for pepsi deal. He'll be packaged for a profit.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Geeez, i thought your guys Buchnevich Syndrome has been cured by the trade deadline.
Now it's getting worse.
Asking for Vilardi or Kupari for a player who can't even make the Rangers team is beyond delusional.

c;mon now
you're better than this^

Krav made the rangers on merit
they forced him down to not lose an asset via waivers.

The fact 8/9OA territory was previously offered for Buch demonstrates those of us who wanted the pick or Broberg or similar value were in fact correct.
Tho Blais has been a pleasant surprise

I can gamble when my terms are met.
Krav has enuf talent he will succeed at higher level w/high enuf linemates.

If/when they do my experiment of Krav at C
LaF - Krav - Gauthier
that is a line that works on paper
if/when they go there,
then I invite counterpart performance by your guys

first things first
let's get Strome and Hajek traded

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
Geeez, i thought your guys Buchnevich Syndrome has been cured by the trade deadline.
Now it's getting worse.
Asking for Vilardi or Kupari for a player who can't even make the Rangers team is beyond delusional.
He wasn't sent down because he isn't talented. The guy can be a 30 goal scorer in the right scenario. LAK fans thinking Iafallo is worthy enough to be traded for a 9th ovr is true delusion. I don't care how much you love your 3rd line player, he isn't worth it for f***ing Kravtsov. No sir.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He wasn't sent down because he isn't talented. The guy can be a 30 goal scorer in the right scenario. LAK fans thinking Iafallo is worthy enough to be traded for a 9th ovr is true delusion. I don't care how much you love your 3rd line player, he isn't worth it for f***ing Kravtsov. No sir.

Iafallo is not chopped liver.
But he is not worth a younger, cheaper, most cost controlled 9OA

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
c;mon now
you're better than this^

Krav made the rangers on merit
they forced him down to not lose an asset via waivers.

The fact 8/9OA territory was previously offered for Buch demonstrates those of us who wanted the pick or Broberg or similar value were in fact correct.
Tho Blais has been a pleasant surprise

I can gamble when my terms are met.
Krav has enuf talent he will succeed at higher level w/high enuf linemates.

If/when they do my experiment of Krav at C
LaF - Krav - Gauthier
that is a line that works on paper
if/when they go there,
then I invite counterpart performance by your guys

first things first
let's get Strome and Hajek traded

Can't wait till you have to admit Kravtsov isn't a C

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Can't wait till you have to admit Kravtsov isn't a C

If they give him a legit shot at it and he fails, I will go there.
I do not have to otherwise.
The onus is on Rangers to admit like everyone else they could use another young pivot, and for them to give him a legit shot with top 6 linemates so every real chance to succeed.
Not like the bullshit they pulled with Nieves, constantly pairing him w/McLeod and the like and then why is there no scoring? Boo can pass, but those guys couldn't put the puck in the ocean.
Meanwhile, the ingrate Lias Andersson got full shot w/top guys.

btw, are you aware he has played C at a high level of int. competition?
Are you aware his skill set lends itself to C?

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Well NYR missed their chance. 9/24/19 is just too funny to break up. Reminds me of 74/28/22. Good times.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Iafallo makes too much dough. Remember the Rangers are going to give Fox a big extension and Kaako will get a pay raise depending on how his year goes.

Then there is Blais who could get a nice bump and Goodrow has a long term.

It would need to be one of Kupari, Helenius, or Madden with other stuff from both teams.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021

Every time I think we’ve seen the pinnacle of how wrong someone can be, a post like this comes around and pushes the bar that much higher.

Mad times we live in.

Iafallo is going nowhere, and for plenty of good reasons outlined by @bland. We can close this thread.

Reactions: go4hockey

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
We'd want best return on open market after we move Strome/Hajek and he can be showcased a month at min.
Then we are looking at top legit offer mid season.

Kempe won't cut that.
bern your not getting top value for a player refusing to go to ur ahl club sorry but ur not. His value is lowered because of that fact. Your own team is allowing him to look for a trade is another reason your not getting top value. If u can get a nhl player out of it I would take that and run if i was your gm. However u can and will do what u want. :)

Reactions: Stewie Griffin

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
bern your not getting top value for a player refusing to go to ur ahl club sorry but ur not. His value is lowered because of that fact. Your own team is allowing him to look for a trade is another reason your not getting top value. If u can get a nhl player out of it I would take that and run if i was your gm. However u can and will do what u want. :)
Bern only looks at trades from the Rangers perspective. He expects full top dollar for Kravstov but back in a Hertl to NYR thread was offering like Strome and some 7ths with conditions for Hertl. He will only consider/offer trades where the Rangers trade nickels for a dollar, and there is no risk for them at all.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rangers will take a good enuf offer here, they won't hold out for max possible offer; however, that does not mean they are gonna give this guy away. I understand several posters wanna go there, but there is zero reason for Drury to do so. If after couple of weeks Hajek/Strome moved and Krav promoted and then another 3 or so wks he is uninjured but not producing or there is some other issue despite being showcased, THEN value drops not before.

This is not like Lias Andersson, a guy who got full shot w/top line guys Kreider + Zib + Panarin and could not cut it, and then was a baby about reporting. This is a guy who did not get a full/fair shot, was not a prima donna about gotta be a top 6 guy, is more deserving than most in bottom 6 and EXCLUSIVELY is not here b'c waivers. No waivers, no prob.
That is also part of reality impacting total picture.

Bern only looks at trades from the Rangers perspective. He expects full top dollar for Kravstov but back in a Hertl to NYR thread was offering like Strome and some 7ths with conditions for Hertl. He will only consider/offer trades where the Rangers trade nickels for a dollar, and there is no risk for them at all.
You ignore certain reality.
Rangers do NOT have surplus bluest blue chips to deal.
Hence would have to be Strome, and while discounted, Strome is not a cap dump giveaway.
Conditionals are appropriate as to future production.

I am on record advocating do not trade and squander assets on Hertl splurge, wait for him to ufa, then see about only $ is cost.

I understand you want something for him, but you are not getting top dollar from anyone UNLESS and UNTIL a contender has an injury near tdl and decide to go all in to save the season + cup run.

Most teams, incl NYR, need to continue to build -- not as much as before, but still strategically; if they do not, then there is a loss of depth, and if young assets are swapped for more expensive vets that constricts cap mgmt->roster flexbility.

I'm not the bad guy here, or wrong, for asserting this pushback to your invitation to NY to just recklessly splurge.

TheBPA

Jul 1, 2004
I'd have to think about it, but would consider Kupari. I think that's the type of return we are looking at here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad