Confirmed with Link: UHC signs Dylan Guenther to 8x$7,142,857M extension

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Sure there's risk and reward here, but I'm not too concerned about Guns panning out. He's succeeded at every level and I don't believe his success in the NHL, albeit a very short sample, is a flash in the pan. Sounds like his work ethic has gotten him here. I like this bet.

Last edited:
Reactions: lanky

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
Yeah, now that you mention it being one more year on the rookie contract, it's potentially that he'll be underpaid before he even starts this new contract.

Think Chayka initiated the trend of signing guys early to forgo a bridge contract. You pull them up when they are ready and burn years so you can sign them before they completely break out. I believe he did it with Dvorak, Chyrchun, and Keller. I'd say Dvorak was fine, but had injury issues, Chychrun's was also fine and he also had injury issues, and Keller has been an ideal situation.

To me, injuries are the only real concern, but he doesn't seem to have any history of them to be a concern.

These contracts are structured in such a way that the player is so young, you can just trade them if it isn't work out. Some one will take the risk and since it's so long, he'll still be in his prime during it so they won't worry about the end years as much. You also have front-loaded it in salary itself, making moving the player easier, sans the no trade/movement clause, whichever one he has.
And the other perspective is Dylan will have serious money early on. Later he will already have possessions and (probably) have already taking care of family and plenty of water for emergencies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Big gamble. But a smart one. I like it.
I would rather kind of gamble now than later. Those long term contracts when players are in their prime can be terrible. Also, with the cap going up his $$$ won't look as bad and probably easier to trade a contract with term if it comes to that.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Like Coach T said in a post game presser last year ( as he was getting just a little impatient with the questions)….
“ He’s pretty good “ ( referring to Dylan)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I really don't think AZ knows what they lost when the Yotes left. At least the politicians don't, oh, and that book lady. Has anyone bothered to ask Tempe how that clean up is doing, and when is expected finish date? This only happens in Arizona. DUMB DUMB DUMB. Utah is showing Arizona what can be done when people work together for the greater good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad