GDT: kraken-r-a-lacken cane

How many Kraken fans show up for this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
"We are missing Patches" is a completely fair and valid point. A significant amount of our cap is tied up in him. He may never recover and get back to the same level he was before, but that doesn't invalidate the point that a significant amount of our cap allocated to an elite goal scorer has been wasted due to injury -- a hindrance to our ability to compete so far. Now, every team deals with injuries, some more than others, so I am not a guy who will use that as some excuse but it is something to take into consideration.
I mean I don't disagree with you but it is weird to think about this team being hindered to the tune of 6th best record in the nhl

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
This is where Dougie is missed, along with his goal-scoring. Dougie has a terrific outlet pass, one that helped our team many a nights.

Regarding Drury, I'd like to see him in the top-6 at some point. Also because he wears #18, maybe it's because of the retro jerseys with the old number style but I swear I was looking at Ryan Bayda last night.
What kind of an outlet passer was TDA again?

Reactions: cptjeff

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Dougie was the best passer in all situations. Timing and touch was money and he saw the layers of the play well. I loved TDA’s play here but he was more about quick feet and quick passes. He wasn’t a better passer he just did it quickly and was always in motion. Made him harder to defend. He wasn’t very cerebral, he really leaned on his athletic abilities.

Burns is in between them both. More like Dougie in style but notably less cerebral, more of a spam shooter than a smart shooter. He works harder than Dougie did, though you can say Dougie like TT works smarter than harder via positioning.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
it was good to hear forslund call a game again. sounds like he's having fun over there and that's fantastic. I picked up in the 2nd but didn't hear any kind of references to his prior employment here. I think the situation is still pretty icy.
I think they got that out of the way last year. I remember a few references to it during the game in Seattle, John did his best to kinda ignore/move past them quickly. Then in Raleigh they showed a clip of the ovation he got in the arena during a stoppage and there were a few passing references again if I remember.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
TDA was a better passer than Hamilton, but slightly worse defensively.
Burns doesn't pass as well as either, but has more of a shot.

Fite me.

Bojangles.
I agree with this take. TDA was an elite passer, like in the top 5 passers among all active D. I'd say pretty close to the Ray Whitney skill level.

Dougie had better outlets, better size, and was more reliable defensively than TDA but less so than Burns.

Burns stylistically is closer to Dougie but he is still pretty damn unique. He is easily the best defensively for me, but many most of his missteps so far were him trying to do it all. He has the best shot in a vacuum. Under most circumstances this is helpful, but occasionally you get a bad shot selection which sends the puck the other way. Nevertheless, I like how quickly Burns makes decisions on the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad