OT: Kraken OT Lounge: No Calamari allowed

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Greetings, I've been on this site 20 years (Blues fan) currently living in Ukiah CA the last 8 years and we are selling our house and moving up to the Olympia - Tacoma - Seattle area, probably more on the Olympia-Tacoma side. We both will work remotely, middle aged couple, no kids (quality of school not a factor), two decent sized dogs. We love nature & access to trails/water but want to be within an hour of SEATAC (she is an international cannabis expert who travels) and near a 24 hr vet.

Where should we be looking?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Greetings, I've been on this site 20 years (Blues fan) currently living in Ukiah CA the last 8 years and we are selling our house and moving up to the Olympia - Tacoma - Seattle area, probably more on the Olympia-Tacoma side. We both will work remotely, middle aged couple, no kids (quality of school not a factor), two decent sized dogs. We love nature & access to trails/water but want to be within an hour of SEATAC (she is an international cannabis expert who travels) and near a 24 hr vet.

Where should we be looking?
- The budget and requirements would dictate the best area options for you. Depending on which area you pick, you could get a 5-acre parcel for what a condo/townhouse would cost in another.
- We are a very dog-friendly state, and I would think that no matter which area you choose, a 24 hour veterinarian should not be an issue.
- Nature access and trails are another thing you are unlikely to have much of an issue finding in Western WA.

I want to say that Issaquah may be good area to start at. It's closer to Bellevue than Seattle but you could make it to Seatac within half hour or so, but that is very traffic dependant.

Reactions: PocketNines

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
- The budget and requirements would dictate the best area options for you. Depending on which area you pick, you could get a 5-acre parcel for what a condo/townhouse would cost in another.
- We are a very dog-friendly state, and I would think that no matter which area you choose, a 24 hour veterinarian should not be an issue.
- Nature access and trails are another thing you are unlikely to have much of an issue finding in Western WA.

I want to say that Issaquah may be good area to start at. It's closer to Bellevue than Seattle but you could make it to Seatac within half hour or so, but that is very traffic dependant.
East side (Bellevue-Issaquah) was what I was thinking too if you have no kids. Lots of great trails off i-90 and still close to the airport. Everywhere feels dog friendly here, lots of dog parks, vets etc.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
University Place. There's a Kraken flag on a flagpole a few doors down. Love the new house. Just need our stuff to show up lol. The first game of the NHL season is, naturally, a game between my Blues and the Kraken at 1:30pm on a Tuesday.

Reactions: The Marquis

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
I'm going to a show in your neck of the woods at the end of July right by T-mobile/Lumen etc.

Where should I go eat? Where should I go grab a pint?

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I'm going to a show in your neck of the woods at the end of July right by T-mobile/Lumen etc.

Where should I go eat? Where should I go grab a pint?

Depends on the venue are you going to. It makes a difference, since the walk would be considerable for something north of Lumen if your venue is south of T-Mobile and vice versa. Some good places around that are though.

South of T-Mobile:

Fast Fashion Brewing
Paseo

Right in the middle:

Gantry
Hatback

North of Lumen:

Elysian Fields
Sluggers

Generally speaking if it's a place you've never heard of down there, it's probably pretty good. There might be a couple of exceptions south of T-Mobile, because I haven't been to them all. That's in that area at least. It's not the densest restaurant area of town by any definition, plenty of better areas to just show up and pick from a swath of places.

Reactions: rypper

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Depends on the venue are you going to. It makes a difference, since the walk would be considerable for something north of Lumen if your venue is south of T-Mobile and vice versa. Some good places around that are though.

South of T-Mobile:

Fast Fashion Brewing
Paseo

Right in the middle:

Gantry
Hatback

North of Lumen:

Elysian Fields
Sluggers

Generally speaking if it's a place you've never heard of down there, it's probably pretty good. There might be a couple of exceptions south of T-Mobile, because I haven't been to them all. That's in that area at least. It's not the densest restaurant area of town by any definition, plenty of better areas to just show up and pick from a swath of places.

Thanks for the reply. The show is at Showbox sodo, but we're staying a little closer to T-Mobile so I'll look into your recommendations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad