UEFA Nations League 2025

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Ireland's strategy at this point seems to be to repeatedly throw in late challenges and maybe hope England gets made and earns a red in retaliation?

I'm not entirely sure.

He played for Ireland as a youth (and a couple senior games too). Grealish as well.

It's why both of them are being booed by the Irish fans.

Reactions: luiginb

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Ireland's strategy at this point seems to be to repeatedly throw in late challenges and maybe hope England gets made and earns a red in retaliation?

I'm not entirely sure.

He played for Ireland as a youth (and a couple senior games too). Grealish as well.

It's why both of them are being booed by the Irish fans.

I hadn't known that. Christ that must be a bitter pill to swallow if you're an Irish fan.

Last edited:

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Gordon should have scored his chance before Rice scored. England looking for Gordon a lot. Moving the ball quicker than usual.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Ireland has gotten chances recently as England's intensity has dropped, but their lack of quality finishing has showed on those occacions.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
For extra fun, Carsley was also an English born Irish international
He wasn't an especially notable player (or manager so far) though, so I don't think there's anyone in Ireland (or England) that really cares a lot. The Rice thing pissed off people because Rice clearly would have been the star and stalwart of the Ireland team for a long time. I mean it's quite apparent that Ireland entirely lacks players at that level now.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
He wasn't an especially notable player (or manager so far) though, so I don't think there's anyone in Ireland (or England) that really cares a lot. The Rice thing pissed off people because Rice clearly would have been the star and stalwart of the Ireland team for a long time. I mean it's quite apparent that Ireland entirely lacks players at that level now.
There was a whole news cycle about whether he’d sing national anthems, so it was definitely on people’s radar. But obviously it’s not the same as the Rice or Grealish situations (ergo, “extra fun”, a sweet little bonus on top).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Hungary put us under strong pressure in the first 15 min and we’re still struggling with their pressing, but we’ve grown into the game and scored a nifty goal on our 2nd/3rd real opening.

Andrich - Groß don’t look anywhere near as smooth as Andrich - Kroos did. Not sure if they just lack chemistry or if they overlap too much.

If we hadn’t opened them up I would’ve been curious to see Pavlovic or Stiller brought on to turn that into a midfield trio to deal with the press.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Griezmann still starting in the main creator spot.

That was the biggest problem for France in the Euros and they are still going with him towards the WC 2026. Would seem to make more sense to give somebody new a chance of establishing himself for that role during the next two years.

Tel
Mbappe - Doue/Olise - Olise/Barcola​

Seems pretty simply to me :dunno:

Reactions: gary69

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
No team fancies facing the German top 4 with Musiala and Wirtz especially, so much skill and creativity, even if Havertz might miss more chances that he should, but Fullkrug & Beier offer such different challenges that it's hard to prepare a defence to face them.

Reactions: NyQuil and cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No team fancies facing the German top 4 with Musiala and Wirtz especially, so much skill and creativity, even if Havertz might miss more chances that he should, but Fullkrug & Beier offer such different challenges that it's hard to prepare a defence to face them.

Though I still clench my cheeks when we need to defend counters and set pieces, the balance has been a lot better as well…plus I trust MAtS to somehow keep a 100% chance out of the net way more than I did later-stage Neuer.

I do have my concerns about our build up play until Pavlovic takes over, and I would start Henrichs as a defensive LB against any 1st or 2nd tier teams.

But the attacking play is just so much fun with those two empowered as they have been by Nagelsmann. Hopefully Gruda & Wanner keep progressing and don’t stall like Adeyemi & Moukoko have seemed to.

Reactions: NyQuil

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
Griezmann still starting in the main creator spot.

That was the biggest problem for France in the Euros and they are still going with him towards the WC 2026. Would seem to make more sense to give somebody new a chance of establishing himself for that role during the next two years.
France is a team filled with great athletes, big powerful dudes who can run hard and fast.

But greatness with ball at their feet? Not so much.

• Haha
Reactions: Evilo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad