Marc Staal retires (Mod warning post #42)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Too bad he never got a Cup. Would have been cool to see the three brothers get a Cup with three separate teams.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I truly appreciated his time in Detroit and idc what the stats say I thought he was good. I always liked his game. Lanky guy with a ton of compete.

Best of luck to him.

Reactions: Filppula

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I think 🤔 that the whole small town Ontario vibe of Thunder Bay should be very proud of the Stall brothers.
-proud of all their accomplishments in hockey & life.
-Proud For their dedication to excellence in hockey.
- Proud of their consistency and length of high calibre professional hockey over 20 years.
- Proud of men they were on and off the ice strong convictions and integrity.

The town of Thunder Bay should hold an annual parade in their honor.

Congratulations 🥳 to the entire Stall family and all their accomplishments.

I personally wish them all the best in their future endeavors after hockey.

Reactions: Fatass

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
The Staal’s hypocrisy and cowardice aside, I hate Marc more for the fact that he cross-checked Crosby in the back of the head (after Sid’s neck/concussion issues) back in the 2014 playoffs….

Gutless f***ing plug.

Attachments

• IMG_4452.gif
    IMG_4452.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Only Staal without a cup?
Prolly gets chirped hard by his bros now

I guess there was the other one that barely got any nhl action

*edit. Heck of a career
That eye injury was scary, happy he could
Come back and play after that

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
There's a kid in Iceland that I hear is pretty good. Gunner or something like that.

Hard to imagine the team will ever be taken seriously internationally though. They probably need to hire an ex-pro to get them over the hump.
He’s probably older than grandpa staal by now

Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Marc had a good, long career and was a pretty solid warrior. At one point he was an absolutely top tier shutdown guy and right at his peak he suffered a pretty gnarly eye injury. Still, he played an unrewarding D-first role for like a solid decade after. Met him twice, once on the streets in NY, another at a bar in Dallas. Cool guy, liked him more when we were bother older and he hard the beard and long hair. He somehow got a really unwarranted reputation as a total liability his last couple of years, but he was a great veteran depth guy until the end.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I remember when the Staals came into the league. Doesn't feel that long ago. It's weird to see that first generation of players cycling through their whole careers entirely in your own adult life.

Reactions: Bakayoko Ono

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad