Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
hes not nearly ushl ready. its an old player league. i dont think kawajah is ready. croskery is gonna struggle. remember how good vukojevic was? he struggled hard in that league at 16.
Looking at the roster I can't see a lot of openings for younger players. Mostly all Americans. Very few Canadians and a few Russians.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Looking at the roster I can't see a lot of openings for younger players. Mostly all Americans. Very few Canadians and a few Russians.
its like that most years. the depth players are 19 year olds trying to get d1 commits vs the ohl where its 17 year olds.

Reactions: bobber

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Anyone notice no Rehkopf on the new advertisement? Hmmmmm
Probably not 100% sure yet.

Has the skill but he needs to bulk up imo. Seattle has some good prospects making the jump next year anyways. Wright will be a full timer, Firkus will be too I’m sure after the year he had. Maybe Morrison?? Tough to say with him though. Might ride out the AHL for a bit. Rehkopf isn’t playing above any of those guys, not even factoring in Goyette who is around the same skill level.

I predict he gets a handful of games, maybe the full 9 games- goes to the WJC and dominates then you guys trade him for a boat load to start stockpiling for the 2027 bid.

Reactions: RB76 and bobber

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario

Has the skill but he needs to bulk up imo. Seattle has some good prospects making the jump next year anyways. Wright will be a full timer, Firkus will be too I’m sure after the year he had. Maybe Morrison?? Tough to say with him though. Might ride out the AHL for a bit. Rehkopf isn’t playing above any of those guys, not even factoring in Goyette who is around the same skill level.

I predict he gets a handful of games, maybe the full 9 games- goes to the WJC and dominates then you guys trade him for a boatfor sure. load to start stockpiling for the 2027 bid.
Good points. Razor needs to work on his 200 foot game. Needs to learn to go to the dirty areas where goals are scored in pro hockey. He is a big kid that needs to pack on some muscle for sure.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

I predict he gets a handful of games, maybe the full 9 games- goes to the WJC and dominates then you guys trade him for a boat load to start stockpiling for the 2027 bid.
I think he’ll get the 9 games max and comes back. Late Octoberish?

Ditto Sale.

LostRangers

Feb 1, 2023
I think he’ll get the 9 games max and comes back. Late Octoberish?

Ditto Sale.
Sorry, don’t see Rekopf getting any games. He couldn’t crack the AHL lineup this year. Generally guys they want a good look at NEXT year will get a look at the A when possible. (Think Mike Richards). He needs to show he can score in the OHL when the going gets tough and his team needs one. Didn’t do that after December. Good news for Ranger fans is he can put up some bug numbers and get us a great return from a contender. Just MHO.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Sorry, don’t see Rekopf getting any games. He couldn’t crack the AHL lineup this year. Generally guys they want a good look at NEXT year will get a look at the A when possible. (Think Mike Richards). He needs to show he can score in the OHL when the going gets tough and his team needs one. Didn’t do that after December. Good news for Ranger fans is he can put up some bug numbers and get us a great return from a contender. Just MHO.
He also needs some time in the weight room. Ditto for Sop, actually.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I agree. I should have included “at most” in my post. I was merely replying to those who thought that we may lose these guys to the NHL and AHL respectively.

Neither has any business graduating to the show next year and Sale to the AHL either.

He also needs some time in the weight room. Ditto for Sop, actually.
I think Sop will have a hard time at that level. I hope he doesn’t burn his four year education package trying to hang on.

He may be a candidate to wind up in New Brunswick, get that education nailed down, then play a few years in Europe for some good coin.

Last edited:

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I agree. I should have included “at most” in my post. I was merely replying to those who thought that we may lose these guys to the NHL and AHL respectively.

Neither has any business graduating to the show next year and Sale to the AHL either.

I think Sop will have a hard time at that level. I hope he doesn’t burn his four year education package trying to hang on.

He may be a candidate to wind up in New Brunswick, get that education nailed down, then play a few years in Europe for some good coin.
I agree with everything you said ES, especially the part about Sop. He is the exact type of player that I think the education package window needs to be extended. There's no reason these young men shouldn't be able to give playing professional hockey every chance without sacrificing their education package 😡. After all it's the reason they played junior hockey in the first place.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I agree with everything you said ES, especially the part about Sop. He is the exact type of player that I think the education package window needs to be extended. There's no reason these young men shouldn't be able to give playing professional hockey every chance without sacrificing their education package 😡. After all it's the reason they played junior hockey in the first place.
Players have 18 months after leaving OHL to start going to school think it's enough time to make a decision to take advantage of education packages.

Reactions: GeoBlue

Ad

Upcoming events

• Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Geelong Cats @ Carlton Blues
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,500.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Slovakia vs Ukraine
    Wagers: 4