Kitchener Rangers 2015-16 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ILuvHackey

Sep 2, 2015
So far the cuts/re-assigns are:
G - Capriotti

D-Durajlija
D-Felix
D-Peterson

F-Apperson
F-Del Zotto
F-Gaboury
F-George
F-Keyes
F-Lecours
F-Mackay
F-Rooney
F-Seitz

I was impressed with Del Zotto, Seitz and Felix at training camp. Hoping Del Zotto will be used as a call-up this year when needed.

Del Zotto and Lecours to Cambridge, Peterson to Elmira, I hear.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
So far the cuts/re-assigns are:
G - Capriotti

D-Durajlija
D-Felix
D-Peterson

F-Apperson
F-Del Zotto
F-Gaboury
F-George
F-Keyes
F-Lecours
F-Mackay
F-Rooney
F-Seitz

I was impressed with Del Zotto, Seitz and Felix at training camp. Hoping Del Zotto will be used as a call-up this year when needed.

Would have liked to see them keep Del Zotto around a little longer and maybe even get an exhibition game to see how he would hang. I guess his 48 hours are up for NCAA purposes.

Last edited:

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Would have liked to see them keep Del Zotto around a little longer and maybe even get an exhibition game to see how he would hang. I guess his 48 hours are up for NCAA purposes.

I think his 48 hours are up because he is an unsigned 16 year old. Could be wrong though. But agree I would have liked to see him too!

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I think his 48 hours are up because he is an unsigned 16 year old. Could be wrong though. But agree I would have liked to see him too!

I don't believe that's a rule. Josh Wainman was unsigned until this afternoon, his 48 hours would have been up Thursday night. It's just a 48 hour rule for NCAA eligibility.

frost king

Dec 11, 2013
A player can stay for 48 hrs at the teams expense, to maintain his NCAA eligibility. Parents use this as a negotiating ploy with the OHL team. After the 48 hrs, you can still stay, but on your own dime. Once you give up your NCAA opportunity, the team holds all the cards. As soon as you show up on any game sheet, you are disqualified from NCAA. So parents try to get a deal done before you suit up. You can sometimes get 1-2 yrs of education package by playing a single exhibition game.

rgrsboom

Dec 6, 2014
Sec 7 Row K
It is still early but Inhink Nick's play has elevated from last year and he is well on his way to top 6 minutes and being a significant contributor. He is skating very well and seems to have a purpose to his game. Goal and an assist this afternoon.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Rangers

A player can stay for 48 hrs at the teams expense, to maintain his NCAA eligibility. Parents use this as a negotiating ploy with the OHL team. After the 48 hrs, you can still stay, but on your own dime. Once you give up your NCAA opportunity, the team holds all the cards. As soon as you show up on any game sheet, you are disqualified from NCAA. So parents try to get a deal done before you suit up. You can sometimes get 1-2 yrs of education package by playing a single exhibition game.

Also players can not accept gifts, for example when Meireles left the Aud for the season, his jersey etc. left behind, as for the Ranger cap, he left with one and a 20 dollar bill was left on the boardroom table.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Also players can not accept gifts, for example when Meireles left the Aud for the season, his jersey etc. left behind, as for the Ranger cap, he left with one and a 20 dollar bill was left on the boardroom table.

Yeah. This guy really sounds like he's committed to coming next year for sure.:shakehead

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
You're really blaming the kid for keeping options open and thinking about the best thing for his future?

Greg Meireles (or his dad) has said prior to the draft that he will sign with Kitchener if drafted by them but reneged on that promise. Then he said he'll come to camp and reneged on that. Now the Meireles has said that they will sign next year but appears to (and has said) he wants to keeps his NCAA options open.
Seems they have a wee bit of a credibility issue.
If they said he'll sign next year there's nothing stopping him from signing now!

Trade to him to a team for a 15th round pick but with conditionals if he does sign with that team.

* it's nothing against keeping his NCAA options open it's saying one thing and doing another.

Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Greg Meireles (or his dad) has said prior to the draft that he will sign with Kitchener if drafted by them but reneged on that promise. Then he said he'll come to camp and reneged on that. Now the Meireles has said that they will sign next year but appears to (and has said) he wants to keeps his NCAA options open.
Seems they have a wee bit of a credibility issue.
If they said he'll sign next year there's nothing stopping him from signing now!

Trade to him to a team for a 15th round pick but with conditionals if he does sign with that team.

* it's nothing against keeping his NCAA options open it's saying one thing and doing another.

Thanks Ward. Exactly where I was coming from. Had he said he would maybe sign here, it would be a different story. But as far as the Ranger brass were concerned, this guy was coming this year.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Apparently, he has to be dealt to get the comp pick. At least according to what I've been reading here and on Rangersrush.

Also according to Ranger beat reporter Josh Brown on twitter Sept 1st.

Josh Brown
@BrownRecord

You only get a comp pick if player is traded according to OHL

Like I said...deal him for any type of pick but get "conditionals" if and when he signs with the OHL team.
Cut ties with him...IMHO they sound like they are too much of maintenance and aren't worth the bother.

Last edited:

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
You're really blaming the kid for keeping options open and thinking about the best thing for his future?

No one is blaming the kid and his family for what they are doing. From a Ranger fan point of view people are saying the Rangers need to do what's best for the fans and team. If they can get something for him let him go. He obviously does not want to play here as bad as he claims. It all sounds phoney from their side. Players like that are not really needed in the room. If he thinks he deserves more ice without earning it he is on the spoiled side. See ya later kid it was nice not knowing you. If it's and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
What if no teams are interested due to obvious reasons?Does that mean we get stiffed a first round pick.That being true it hurts the team no extra pick next year.

Jeffy3535

Feb 18, 2015
Everyone's just going off Murray's words. At the AGM he said he was told by Meireles that he would commit, but he also said right after they drafted him that he was suprised he was still available to be drafted in the first place. Doesn't add up. Maybe it's just a conspiracy theory on my part, but I still think Murray didn't do his homework and he's trying to make the Meireles camp look dishonest to save face.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Everyone's just going off Murray's words. At the AGM he said he was told by Meireles that he would commit, but he also said right after they drafted him that he was suprised he was still available to be drafted in the first place. Doesn't add up. Maybe it's just a conspiracy theory on my part, but I still think Murray didn't do his homework and he's trying to make the Meireles camp look dishonest to save face.

Maybe it's about time Josh Brown tries to contact the family and get their side of the story. If he hasn't already attempted to or done so.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
What if no teams are interested due to obvious reasons?Does that mean we get stiffed a first round pick.That being true it hurts the team no extra pick next year.

Hiebert has been around a long time. Both as GM and a scout. Surely is made relationships over the years where another organization's GM can do him the favor of sending a conditional 15th round pick for his rights.

You scratch my back I'll scratch your back.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Hiebert has been around a long time. Both as GM and a scout. Surely is made relationships over the years where another organization's GM can do him the favor of sending a conditional 15th round pick for his rights.

You scratch my back I'll scratch your back.

Yeah something like...Mereles and a 2016 15th round pick for their 2016 15th round pick + conditional picks if Mereles signs.
The 15 round picks are a wash so it shouldn't be hard to find a dance partner.
Not to do something is irresponsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad