KISS Performing at the Stadium Series in LA

Captain Mittens*

XsbFHcg.jpg

chesed

Apr 5, 2011
SoCal
I'm all good with KISS playing. =) I like a few of their songs and listened to them a lot back in the day. But I still listen to mostly 90s rock anyway (not really much of today's music). Apparently KROQ and ALT 98.7 do too, as it almost sounds like it was back in the late 90s.

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
How much of this is the NHL hiring KISS, and how much of it is simply promotion for their "LA KISS" indoor football team that's going to be playing at....oh yeah....the Honda Center?

Chances are they're doing this gig for free, or almost free. Say what you want about KISS, but considering their longevity (which even they probably admit is not based entirely on their musical "prowess") if you say they and their management aren't marketing geniuses, then you're a fool.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
How much of this is the NHL hiring KISS, and how much of it is simply promotion for their "LA KISS" indoor football team that's going to be playing at....oh yeah....the Honda Center?

Chances are they're doing this gig for free, or almost free. Say what you want about KISS, but considering their longevity (which even they probably admit is not based entirely on their musical "prowess") if you say they and their management aren't marketing geniuses, then you're a fool.

It's entirely about their football team, if you saw the interview last night with Gene/Paul, that was clear.

It's a win/win for both sides, KISS gets to promote their team and in turn, there's few more thousand tickets sold to the Kisstard Army.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
It's entirely about their football team, if you saw the interview last night with Gene/Paul, that was clear.

It's a win/win for both sides, KISS gets to promote their team and in turn, there's few more thousand tickets sold to the Kisstard Army.

Simmons was and will be there for one thing.....to further line his pockets. he was *** obnoxious and irritating last night. as always

i'm glad i will be working a trade show that day, so i can DVR through the intermission entertainment bs when i get done

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA

Was it? I missed the interview.....gotta put the kid to bed during intermission, you know! :) Figures....I'm surprised only that they'd be that transparent, but then again, being on TV was just another opportunity, so it makes sense.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Apparently Jordan Sparks will also be performing...jeeze.

Honestly, what's wrong with Jordan Sparks? I don't listen to her music but she's not awful. Five for Fighting isn't one of the members a huge Kings fan? So, that makes sense. And Kiss.. well.. is KISS. They are helping us more than the other way around.

wow...ticket sales must have been very poor.

I think all of us can admit most of the seats are horrible and the pricing is overpriced (closer to 200 dollars)

So, ticket prices are going to be very difficult to sell. I have no idea they made the tickets so expensive because they will just have to bring them down soon.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

It's all about promoting their arena football team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad