KISS Performing at the Stadium Series in LA

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
That would be my choice

I think some of you are missing the point....KISS is playing for free. It's not costing the NHL anything to do this, they are already losing money on ticket sales. The sole purpose for bringing Kiss in, is because they have something to promote and will do it for free and it will in turn help boost ticket sales to this stupid event.

Ron*

I think some of you are missing the point....KISS is playing for free. It's not costing the NHL anything to do this, they are already losing money on ticket sales. The sole purpose for bringing Kiss in, is because they have something to promote and will do it for free and it will in turn help boost ticket sales to this stupid event.

That's nonsense. They are averaging $150 per ticket (probably more) and at 40,000 tickets we are talking a cool $6 million. (For one game!)

Where do you see they are losing money on ticket sales? References please.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
So is this a hockey game or a concert?

Yes.

Honestly, what's wrong with Jordan Sparks? I don't listen to her music but she's not awful. Five for Fighting isn't one of the members a huge Kings fan? So, that makes sense. And Kiss.. well.. is KISS. They are helping us more than the other way around.

I think all of us can admit most of the seats are horrible and the pricing is overpriced (closer to 200 dollars)

So, ticket prices are going to be very difficult to sell. I have no idea they made the tickets so expensive because they will just have to bring them down soon.

I still think having several musical acts is silly but I see why and how they're trying to make this a bigger 'event'. And let's be real, it pretty much doesn't matter WHO plays, someone will complain it's not their cup of tea :P

In regards to ticket sales, absolutely. I know tons of people who WANT to go (myself included) but don't presently have the disposable income to do so. I imagine as they drop you'll see the place fill up just fine.

There are 7,000 tickets on Stub Hub and Barry's Tickets with two weeks until the game and the game isn't sold out.

8345.FallingPrices_5F00_5E707FE6.jpg

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
That's nonsense. They are averaging $150 per ticket (probably more) and at 40,000 tickets we are talking a cool $6 million. (For one game!)

Where do you see they are losing money on ticket sales? References please.

You thing the goal is to not sell out the event? They may not be losing money, but they certainly aren't doing what they expected if they are dropping ticket prices and attempting to lure casual fans in by adding music acts.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
You thing the goal is to not sell out the event? They may not be losing money, but they certainly aren't doing what they expected if they are dropping ticket prices and attempting to lure casual fans in by adding music acts.

If the game doesn't sell out it will never happen again in SoCal, it will be a huge black eye to the market. I think I would be more inclined to go if the Kings hadn't already won the Cup, it's just tough to justify sitting outside at bad angles for 3-4 times what I normally pay to watch a regular season game. I've also been offered to play hockey the following Tuesday night for a cool $500 worth of tickets to other random games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad