Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
For all I know it could be a dynamite line. It’s just the size that worries me a little. Long term I see Newhook playing with Beck in the 3rd.
Me too. I hope to see Newhook, Beck and Roy form an offensive third line. Beck as a Suzuki light. Roy as a Toffoli third line offensive threat and Newhook as a crash and banger on the boards (he would have to shift his game a little).

Reactions: malcb33 and Redux91

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
You have no argument. He suffers different injuries every season and has been mentioned on NOTHING plays. His brother is also a glass body. Probably in the family. Until he manages to go a stretch without an injury Habs should plan the rebuild excluding him.
There is nothing in medical textbooks that describes a glass body. And luck is not a thing...hockey is a tough sport and you are out of your league. Stick to facts

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Fot those hard of learning...Dach's knee is healed. His knee has no pathological connection to the wrist slash he received or the concussion he sustained. There is no such thing as a glass body. Dach could go on to break the ironman record or suffer a career ending injury in game one. Nobody knows so please stop your girlish fan hysteria and let the guy play hockey calisse!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
They'll eventually give Caufield to Dach. It's the right move, our best passer with our best goal scorer and Suzuki with Slaf have legit chemistry.
I think it’s a good combo and I agree Dach’s an ace passer. Honestly, I’m excited that we might put together a great third line as well. Beck, Newhook is a good start. Maybe Hage joins there.

Slowly but surely we’re building a pretty good team.

Last edited:

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I think it’s a good combo and I agree Dach’s an ace passer. Honestly, I’m excited that we might put together a great third line as well. Beck, Newhook is a good start. Maybe Hage joins there.

Slowly but surely we’re building a pretty good team.
Have pairs on each line is the meat and potatoes of any properly created team. It's when the third player develops that equal chemistry a line becomes powerful!
This year will be to establish the Top 9, Top 4. we're almost there.
Slaf-Suz- Demidov
CC-Dach- ?
Newk-Beck ?

Guhle - Rbchr
Hut - Maillox
Xhekaj

We need 2 more sure fire top 9s hage should be 1 of them. Barring injury, this is pretty nice looking. Like a legit top 14 strong

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Have pairs on each line is the meat and potatoes of any properly created team. It's when the third player develops that equal chemistry a line becomes powerful!
This year will be to establish the Top 9, Top 4. we're almost there.
Slaf-Suz- Demidov
CC-Dach- ?
Newk-Beck ?

Guhle - Rbchr
Hut - Maillox
Xhekaj

We need 2 more sure fire top 9s hage should be 1 of them. Barring injury, this is pretty nice looking. Like a legit top 14 strong
Demidov may fit better with Dach. We’ll see. As for your question marks, I think Roy fills one in on the 2nd line. We’ll see but I think he can be a top six player.

Reactions: themilosh

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Markov cameback from major injuries and gaved us qualities hockey.

Too early to count Dach out or as unreliable. Tho, he have to play full season now.

Reactions: Shutdown and BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Fot those hard of learning...Dach's knee is healed. His knee has no pathological connection to the wrist slash he received or the concussion he sustained. There is no such thing as a glass body. Dach could go on to break the ironman record or suffer a career ending injury in game one. Nobody knows so please stop your girlish fan hysteria and let the guy play hockey calisse!
I remember when Markov had crazy injuries, year after year...............then went on to play almost every game for the next 6-7 seasons......this, after people said he was made of glass! lol

Dach has talent ala Suzuki guys.............last year Hughes said Dach was there best player in camp, and then gets hurt in game 2...............sad and brutal bad luck.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Demidov may fit better with Dach. We’ll see. As for your question marks, I think Roy fills one in on the 2nd line. We’ll see but I think he can be a top six player.

Demidov and Dach are both such pass first guys that I don't think they would be the perfect complement. I like Demidov with Suzuki and Slaf because both Suzuki and Slaf are great finishers while still being great passers.

This next draft or trade would be all about finding another big bodied skilled forward to pair with Dach and Caufield. Newhook will start there but eventually form the third line with Beck and Roy.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Demidov and Dach are both such pass first guys that I don't think they would be the perfect complement. I like Demidov with Suzuki and Slaf because both Suzuki and Slaf are great finishers while still being great passers.

This next draft or trade would be all about finding another big bodied skilled forward to pair with Dach and Caufield. Newhook will start there but eventually form the third line with Beck and Roy.
If Demidov is pass first, then I agree. Suzuki has a great shot and should use it more often.

As for us getting another big forward, Hage could be on the 3rd with Newhook and Beck. That’d give us three strong lines. Or maybe Hage winds up on the second and Roy goes down… that’s the benefit of having depth, you can play around with it.

You might even see us start to mix around with the top nine… Hughes has said he wants us to build a team where you can’t tell which is the first line. Seems like he’s on his way.

Last edited:
Reactions: themilosh

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Feel like Hughes has one trade in the works for the summer and it will be a real RW for Dach.

Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Newhook - Dach - RW
Roy - Dvorak - Armia
Anderson - Evans - Gallagher
Pinard/Pezzetta

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Feel like Hughes has one trade in the works for the summer and it will be a real RW for Dach.

Newhook - Dach - RW
Roy - Dvorak - Armia
Pinard/Pezzetta

Laine is the only one that makes sense.

2 years contract (so low risk)
Wont cost premium assets.

Obvious top 6 talent

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
I would give first dibs to Roy with Dach and Newhook. However, if they want to pump the value of a “veteran” it needs to be Yo-Elle. He deserves the promotion contrary to the Dumb Donkey and I actually think he could mesh very well with Dach and Newhook.

I was a fan of Armia last season. I can only hope he can continue and build on last season.
A fully functional Dach and the reborn Armia on the same line would really wear the opponents down with dominant possession.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
A fully functional Dach and the reborn Armia on the same line would really wear the opponents down with dominant possession.

We will all be very excited if Dach has like 13 points in his first 5 games with Armia, assuming he has his gretzky-stretch at the beginning of the season before going silence for 3 months.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Fot those hard of learning...Dach's knee is healed. His knee has no pathological connection to the wrist slash he received or the concussion he sustained. There is no such thing as a glass body. Dach could go on to break the ironman record or suffer a career ending injury in game one. Nobody knows so please stop your girlish fan hysteria and let the guy play hockey calisse
There are "glass" bodies. Guys like Brett Lindros who will get a concussion on any hit. Colin White who is always hurt etc. And Dach hurt his wrist before the WJC on a nothing hit not a slash. Diifferent types of injuries indicate a player is injury prone. The same injury doesn't necessarily. A bad injury that weakens a joint and results in further injuries is bad luck not any indication of bing prone to injuries.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
There are "glass" bodies. Guys like Brett Lindros who will get a concussion on any hit. Colin White who is always hurt etc. And Dach hurt his wrist before the WJC on a nothing hit not a slash. Diifferent types of injuries indicate a player is injury prone. The same injury doesn't necessarily. A bad injury that weakens a joint and results in further injuries is bad luck not any indication of bing prone to injuries.

It wasn't a nothing hit, the way that his arm was out at the time he was being hit put the hand and wrist in a position where it could snap and break the way it did.

The same way the Tinordi hit was a unique situation of a taller player being pushed by an even taller player over the benches and trapping the leg, hyperextending the body with nowhere for the body to bend.

Downplaying the circumstances that led to a freak injury just to prove some misnomer the dude is due to always be out with a major injury is silly. People would make the same argument about Markov, but those two freak accidents that blew out his knee never happened again.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Newhook - Dach - RW
Roy - Dvorak - Armia
Pinard/Pezzetta
Roy should be in the top six. Give him the chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad