Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Can we take the “welcome to Montreal title out”. It’s like buying a car 3 years ago and saying I just drive it off the lot lol

Reactions: Rapala

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
One thing he said last summer was that he was working on injury prevention and things like that, so obviously this injury was a big blow to the kid.. but that also means he will continue to work on injury preventative items, which many people don't.

That's why I'm hopeful that this stuff will be behind him. Freak accidents just followed the guy around but you'd have to think he would stop being unlucky at some point. Keep in mind Markov was unlucky in a short period with two major knee injuries and then never had a major injury again and he suffered those later in his career and at a time when knee surgeries etc. aren't as advanced as they are now.
I was really surprised that Markov came back the way he did. I counted on nothing when he returned but return he did. And Dach is significantly younger than Markov was so that bodes well for him.

Let us pray.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Perfectly said......I am going to post this for the third time on this thread for those who want to dive into the science of this type of injury....

If you don't want to read the whole study....you can just read the conclusion....

"Conclusion​

There is a high RTS rate in the NHL after ACL reconstruction. All players who RTS did so the season following surgery. Performance following ACL reconstruction was not significantly different from preinjury. Cases performed better than controls in several performance measures."

Amen!

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Very excited to get this stud in our lineup again.

mfw Kirby comes back faster than before

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
We are in for such a f***ing treat when Curvy Duck returns. He plays a big boys game and people are sleeping on him. Everything we saw from Suzuki last year was awesome. Dach has the ability to look better. Many thought he was, just a short 14 months ago. Watching him enter the o zone with speed is a thing of beauty. Memories are fleeting.

Adding this guy to our lineup instantly makes us better. We will have two threatening lines. Everyone is due for an increase inproduction next year, because they are all getting better. Add Dach taking pressure off of Suzer, Slaf and Cole will.be magnificent.

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Perfectly said......I am going to post this for the third time on this thread for those who want to dive into the science of this type of injury....

If you don't want to read the whole study....you can just read the conclusion....

"Conclusion​

There is a high RTS rate in the NHL after ACL reconstruction. All players who RTS did so the season following surgery. Performance following ACL reconstruction was not significantly different from preinjury. Cases performed better than controls in several performance measures."
This issue isn't the health of his knee but rather the time off/rust and just the mental block (if one exists, might not be).

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Keep Josh Anderson and Gallagher away from him. They are injury curses.
There isn't a single *doubt* that 1 of the wingers next year is Newhook
The question is do they try Cole there or Roy
(But if he's not traded, sigh, they might try Anderson too...keyword *try*)

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I'm expecting Anderson to get all the opportunities to produce in the first half of the season. Until MSL realize he's all fame no game and demote him on the 3rd/4th line. Again.

So sorry Dach, you deserve better.

Reactions: Leto and Redux91

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I think we try Cole and Newhook with Dach.

Slaf and Suzuki played so well together last year, that I think they can carry someone who has some deficiencies in their game, or who is still green. Enter Joshua Roy. Perfect complimentary player to Slaf and Suzuki who can bury pucks when fed. Suzuki plays the cerebral game, and is good both ways. Slaf is a puck possession monster whose board work and creativity is just starting to shine. They can cover for Roy. He can learn from these guys.

Cole with Dach and Newhook gives us a double headed monster. Newhook is a smart player. Dach is a puck possesion zone entry guy, and Cole will bury chances.

Reactions: Redux91

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I think we try Cole and Newhook with Dach.

Slaf and Suzuki played so well together last year, that I think they can carry someone who has some deficiencies in their game, or who is still green. Enter Joshua Roy. Perfect complimentary player to Slaf and Suzuki who can bury pucks when fed. Suzuki plays the cerebral game, and is good both ways. Slaf is a puck possession monster whose board work and creativity is just starting to shine. They can cover for Roy. He can learn from these guys.

Cole with Dach and Newhook gives us a double headed monster. Newhook is a smart player. Dach is a puck possesion zone entry guy, and Cole will bury chances.
I’m not a fan of Newhook and CC on the same line. I’d prefer Roy with CC and Dach if they’re going that way. Two smaller guys on the same line is something I’d like to avoid.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
OK...just not about medicine and injuries because you are out of your pay grade.

Is that why he was sidelined last season? He could get an infected ingrown toenail in november...who knows. One thing is sure...his knee is healed so what is so complicated???
You have no argument. He suffers different injuries every season and has been mentioned on NOTHING plays. His brother is also a glass body. Probably in the family. Until he manages to go a stretch without an injury Habs should plan the rebuild excluding him.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I’m not a fan of Newhook and CC on the same line. I’d prefer Roy with CC and Dach if they’re going that way. Two smaller guys on the same line is something I’d like to avoid.
Fair. I just see Newhook as further along experience wise. He can make up for size issues with intelligence and experience. Roy could benefit from the safe play of Suzuki and quite frankly the confidence and excitement surrounding slaf.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I would give first dibs to Roy with Dach and Newhook. However, if they want to pump the value of a “veteran” it needs to be Yo-Elle. He deserves the promotion contrary to the Dumb Donkey and I actually think he could mesh very well with Dach and Newhook.

I was a fan of Armia last season. I can only hope he can continue and build on last season.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Fair. I just see Newhook as further along experience wise. He can make up for size issues with intelligence and experience. Roy could benefit from the safe play of Suzuki and quite frankly the confidence and excitement surrounding slaf.
For all I know it could be a dynamite line. It’s just the size that worries me a little. Long term I see Newhook playing with Beck in the 3rd.

Reactions: waitin425

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I would give first dibs to Roy with Dach and Newhook. However, if they want to pump the value of a “veteran” it needs to be Yo-Elle. He deserves the promotion contrary to the Dumb Donkey and I actually think he could mesh very well with Dach and Newhook.

I was a fan of Armia last season. I can only hope he can continue and build on last season.
Roy, Dach and Newhook is the most likely 2nd line. And it should be a pretty good one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad