Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I understand but it might still take him sometime to feel comfortable…best case scenario he picks up where he left off but mentally it might take him awhile to feel like himself.

At least he's coming in to start playing again after the off-season vs in the middle of the season. He won't have to find a higher pace with the rest of the league, he will be able to ramp up at the same level everyone else is from training camp into regular season.

But yes, not playing a game in pretty much a calendar year means there will be a lot of rust.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I definitely expect him to have to shake some of the rust off early, it won't be Dach at his best right away. He gets to start camp at the same time as everybody else though, so he'll at least have all of preseason to get some reps in with less pressure on him.

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I definitely expect him to have to knock some of the rust off early, it won't be Dach at his best right away. He gets to start camp at the same time as everybody else though, so he'll at least have all of preseason to get some reps in with less pressure on him.
If Habs hope to accomplish anything this year, Dach will need to get the rust off and anchor that second line. I think once he’s back in it, he’ll be a driving force for the Habs. He just needs good line mates so I hope they give him Cole.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
One of the biggest question mark we still have for our rebuild. If he stays healthy, we’re gonna be fine.

If not, we are back to square one and try to find another top 6 center. And we would have to find it pretty quickly to not miss our window.

I have a feeling that Dach won’t stay healthy for long. Man, he got injured in all of his season, including junior lol…

Reactions: Heffyhoof

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
One of the biggest question mark we still have for our rebuild. If he stays healthy, we’re gonna be fine.

If not, we are back to square one and try to find another top 6 center.

I have a feeling that Dach won’t stay healthy for long. Man, he got injured in all of his season, including junior lol…
Yeah he is reminding me of Benoit Brunet who was always injured. Dach may have that kind of career. It's always something with him and his health.

Reactions: Rapala

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

If not, we are back to square one and try to find another top 6 center. And we would have to find it pretty quickly to not miss our window.

2nd line centers aren’t hard to find. Plus we’ve got Hage on the way up. It’s not going to hurt our window if he goes down.

But I really like this guy. I hope he can be a part of this. If he can just stay healthy…

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
He will be fine. In fact, i'm looking forward for him to be hungry as hell. And he is so talented i don't have any worries at all.

As for the center depth, Hage and Beck will come in soon enough (2 years i would guess). If Dach still having injuries problem, he will lose his spot at center and be a complementary winger.

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
If Dach plays a full season this year, what do you think his points totals will be assuming he's playing with Roy and Newhook?

He will be fine. In fact, i'm looking forward for him to be hungry as hell. And he is so talented i don't have any worries at all.

As for the center depth, Hage and Beck will come in soon enough (2 years i would guess). If Dach still having injuries problem, he will lose his spot at center and be a complementary winger.
Newhook also showed he can be a productive center as well. Not sure he's a 2nd line center full time though.

Newhook also showed he can be a productive center as well. Not sure he's a 2nd line center full time though.

Reactions: Benstheman

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
He’ll shake off the rust so he can get back to shaking off the rust. I hope this kid plays a bit this year and has an impact, Suzuki can’t keep carrying this horrible team missing no games ever and getting all the D coverage.

Mudz

3peat watch: 0/3
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
The narrative before he got injured was that he was the true number 1 center, above Suzuki. Where is that narrative?

If Dach plays a full season this year, what do you think his points totals will be assuming he's playing with Roy and Newhook?

Newhook - Dach - Slaf = 80 points

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016

Part of my worry before picking Demidov was that I had written Dach off. Demidov and Caufield can elevate a decent 2c and Suzuki and Slaf can elevate a winger.

If he can be decently healthy, 60+ games a year and being healthy for playoffs, then Montreal is in a really good position. He has done that basically 3 of 5 seasons but I just don't see that happening moving forward when I'm being properly realistic.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Gruesome : Adjective , causing repulsion or horror; grisly.

This is my problem with people making WAY too big a deal than it should be regarding his injury lol

It's a torn ACL, yes it's bad, all ligament tears are bad, this one is just 'worse' because of the lengthy period of time the new ligament gas to organically mesh with the bones (if they are using a ligament from a fresh cadaver , gross I know)

He's 23 not 33, and the injury has not been career threatening for 15 years now with the progresses of the surgery
Best of all, was already back on the ice in April
Full offseason program he normally does + the extra knee rehab
By next October He's back to 100% and then some

I get people being skeptical of people when it comes to 'major injury'
But the ACL tear affects way more NBA players and NFL players in the long run, the advantage of 'skating' helps us here
If he had SNAPPED his tibia in half or something I'd be waaaaay more cautious and worrisome obviously
But I just can't bring myself to be SUPER worried about an NHL ACL tear anymore
It's really just about 'length of time' we get impatient about

I honestly cant wait to see him back for training camp and see who the lucky guy is playing next to Dach and Newhook (should be Caufield)
Well yeah it's not like he got shot and ran over by a bus, but missing a whole year of hockey is pretty brutal. It shouldn't completely derail everything, but also nobody even thought about how Caufield's shoulder would affect him until it did.

Gotta hope for a healthy season, because if he plays like 50 games, then you can forget about him being a dependable top 6 player for us.

Reactions: Tyson and Redux91

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I hope so. He’s almost robocop already at 24 years old
Yeah, the resemblance is uncanny!
exsl5G.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Lshap

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
If Dach has another injury riddled season then you have to start writing him off as not a player you can count on. He has to play 70 games per season imo.
Will he be allowed to play a perimeter game like Suzuki and Cole?

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
2nd line centers aren’t hard to find. Plus we’ve got Hage on the way up. It’s not going to hurt our window if he goes down.

But I really like this guy. I hope he can be a part of this. If he can just stay healthy…
agreed, worst comes to worst we can always sign a "Necas"

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
In the one game he played he was great. 2 assists. Leafs had no answer for him. Had good chemistry with newhook. Id like to see that in a full season. Have to think he is really hungry to come back and prive himself

Reactions: jrom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad