Kingston Frontenacs 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Brantford is building for next year. They won’t sell off because the players they have of value are returning. If they buy, they will buy two year players.
I could see them selling Lardis and that’s it as he won’t be back next year obviously

Oggie Ogoltorp

Oct 4, 2024
I don't think it would be wise for Brantford or Kingston to try to make a big splash with the East lineups in Brampton, Oshawa and Barrie that are already in place and guessing none of them are likely done.
If I'm Brantford and Kingston I'm building around the 06/07 groups. Moving a Lardis or Guindon at deadline should get them each a nice haul back to continue the build.
The west is a one maybe two horse race. London is stacked and will add and how do you count out Saginaw with Misa and Parekh and a decent supporting cast. If I'm Erie I'm staying the course and building around their 06/07s as well. Windsor should focus on their 07/08's.
We have already seen teams possibly overpaying for top vets so I'd be very careful trying to buy If I'm not one of those teams listed.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Weir out, Clark in at 4LW, Pickell up to 3LW and Buttar to 4C with Kelly sliding over to 4RW.

Same D as Friday with Lalonde in net.

First time all year with a forward shakeup, will be curious to see how Clark does, main thing I think I remember from the training camp scrimmages was a pretty heavy shot.

Reactions: frontsfan67

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Missed another change on the lines - Heyes up to line 1 with Uronen. With how feisty Uronen has shown to be that third line doesn't seem like it'll be fun to play against.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Weir out, Clark in at 4LW, Pickell up to 3LW and Buttar to 4C with Kelly sliding over to 4RW.

Same D as Friday with Lalonde in net.

First time all year with a forward shakeup, will be curious to see how Clark does, main thing I think I remember from the training camp scrimmages was a pretty heavy shot.
Wonder what they do with weir. Perhaps a trading chip? I can’t imagine weir wants to go back to the GOJHL but he’s seemingly not ready yet.

Missed another change on the lines - Heyes up to line 1 with Uronen. With how feisty Uronen has shown to be that third line doesn't seem like it'll be fun to play against.
Heyes line 1 uronen line 3 tonight

Glad they’re giving Heyes some fair minutes in order to prove to other teams he has what it takes to be an OA

Oggie Ogoltorp

Oct 4, 2024
If I'm Weir I'm asking for a move if they wont give him legitimate mins. I prefer a model of 2 strong lines, a 3rd line of your top kids and a 4th line your heart and soul guys. That way teams are always developing within. Then you add a piece here and there. Playing a second year 1st or 2nd round guy on a 4th line doesn't make sense for development with the way most coaches utilize their 4th lines. Playing a 1st year 1st rounder on 4th makes even less sense. If they aren't ready have them play OJ, Prep or U18 for a year like London does. Kingston doesn't seem to know what they are and you cant have a fairly highly picked 07 not playing significant minutes in his draft year. Its not fair to the kid. Give him a legit chance to show what he can do if it doesnt work out move on. Maybe find another kid in a similar situation on another team who may need a change of scenery or move him for some picks. This was a high end kid growing up and is still an asset. The longer he goes without playing significant minutes the quicker his value drops. Its tough when you miss on a 2nd rounder, disastrous when you miss on a 1st but they have to be given an opportunity. 4-5 shifts a game isnt an opportunity - get his confidence going and assess.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
If I'm Weir I'm asking for a move if they wont give him legitimate mins. I prefer a model of 2 strong lines, a 3rd line of your top kids and a 4th line your heart and soul guys. That way teams are always developing within. Then you add a piece here and there. Playing a second year 1st or 2nd round guy on a 4th line doesn't make sense for development with the way most coaches utilize their 4th lines. Playing a 1st year 1st rounder on 4th makes even less sense. If they aren't ready have them play OJ, Prep or U18 for a year like London does. Kingston doesn't seem to know what they are and you cant have a fairly highly picked 07 not playing significant minutes in his draft year. It’s not fair to the kid. Give him a legit chance to show what he can do if it doesnt work out move on. Maybe find another kid in a similar situation on another team who may need a change of scenery or move him for some picks. This was a high end kid growing up and is still an asset. The longer he goes without playing significant minutes the quicker his value drops. Its tough when you miss on a 2nd rounder, disastrous when you miss on a 1st but they have to be given an opportunity. 4-5 shifts a game isnt an opportunity - get his confidence going and assess.
Definitely worries me for next year when they have zero first round picks. They gonna limit those guys minutes too?

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
That was one of the worst reffed games I've seen in a long time. Several missed calls and that Miedema penalty at the end was questionable because the guy was on his way down when Miedema started the hit.

I do think with Lalonde in the net that might be a win but Leenders had a couple unreal saves that were the difference.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
So do people here still think this is the year to put all your chips in and go for it.

Frankly I would give miedema and uronen a chance to shine then trade them

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
So do people here still think this is the year to put all your chips in and go for it.

Going to fan the flames when the Frontenacs lose a game giving up only 19 SOG to a good Brantford team?
I assume yes; and, I guess you’d have something negative to say if Kingston acquired Musty and McCoy.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022

Who said that? Lately everybody’s on the same page here- not the right year for it.

Uronen has 10pts in 7 games he’s been doing great with his chances. not sure if you have been watching the fronts but he’s been one of their best players.

trade burns, miedema at the deadline imo and keep the rest. Unless someone puts up a really good package for uronen keep him. Keep Pieniniemi if losing burns. Otherwise d will fall completely apart.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023

Do you ever watch the games you critique? Just curious.

Who said that? Lately everybody’s on the same page here- not the right year for it.

Uronen has 10pts in 7 games he’s been doing great with his chances. not sure if you have been watching the fronts but he’s been one of their best players.

trade burns, miedema at the deadline imo and keep the rest. Unless someone puts up a really good package for uronen keep him. Keep Pieniniemi if losing burns. Otherwise d will fall completely apart.

This trade for Uronen was a great value trade. + Ottawa didn't lose him for nothing as he was never going back.
Ottawa did him a solid moving him fairly cheap to play with his best friend Emil.

Reactions: dirty12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad